Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Beautiful. I've spent about an hour looking at GoonTower and Goonbase over the past couple of days. I'll give this a bash for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Shakra posted:

Newest updated version. One of the pyramids isn't in because the file wasn't right, and the rock concert isnt in because it needs cleaned up, but everything else should be in here.

ALSO WALDO HAS MOVED WHERE IS HE? This one is pretty easy, he should stand out quickly.

http://g.photos.cx/combined008-eb.png

Is he in the booth at the power station?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

mikewozere posted:

Wally: He's in the agent smith matrix building.

Crap, you're right.

But... but... the power station dude has a floppy hat and a stripy shirt.

I call shenanigans.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Edit: Pic moved down a few posts.

First draft of a borg cube. Will update later with permission.

It's supposed to look like it's hovering, but it doesn't. Will have a think about it.

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 14, 2008

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Shakra posted:

shadow needs to be more oval. even though it's being cast by a sphere the angle of the cube will make it look distored. The shadow of the cube shouldnt be anywhere to the right either. The cube shadow needs to be up and left.

Hmm, cool, cool.

Still not feeling this, but I'll keep playing.

Edit: Pic moved to later

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 15, 2008

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Anyone making Richmond Health and Fitness Centre?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Shakra posted:

File size is getting kind of big so I'm uploading these to my amazon s3 account now.

I moved Waldo again, he is pretty easy to find this time as well.

http://omgitsart.s3.amazonaws.com/combined009.png

Just south of the school bus, near the sewer monster.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Zombie Quail posted:

If someone wants to make a suggestion for something to put in front, or just wants to make something to put there, feel free.

Edit: Or cut it out and put it somewhere else if there is a good suggestion.

A giant spider? What else could it need but a load of goons making GBS threads themselves.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

For the next update, I think the layering is off on the corn field... the bi-plane seems to have dissappeared.

Also I would like to show love for the prozium factory. Beautiful.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Jarf posted:

My very first pixel drawing.

Based on what I can remember of GDI structures in the first C&C game.

Oh poo poo, that's awesome. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

We need a large panel with a full scale C&C war.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

This is beautiful.

For your next update, I believe the London section was updated slightly to include a shadow on Mary Poppins.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Right, I'm finished with this.

Gave up trying to make it float, the cube has now landed.

Also, Worf and Sisko thinned out their ranks a little...

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Thanks for the threshold tip.

I'd been doing it by altering the levels on an alpha channel. This'll be a little quicker.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Ok, I get most of the references in this, but what is the blue thing in the water that looks a little like Darth Vaders helmet?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Migishu posted:

Waldo found: Generic Corp building, hidden within the Smiths

Carmen Sandiego should be hidden better.

e: For the tower, if you scroll up and have a look at the TB1 rocket, while the building is clearly behind the tower, the tip of the nose of the rocket is sticking out in front of the building.

This is a different Wally ;)

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Bacon55555 posted:

Not to be a dick, but isn't Space Godzilla blown up a little too large. It loses the sense of how detailed it is when it is the size it is now. I might be alone in this thought though.

I would be happy with it at 50%, and especially happy if someone made something for him to fight/smash.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Machismo posted:

Wait, so two people are doing the building?

Fortunately the episode "The Farnsworth Parabox" gives us an easy solution to this quandary.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

It's beautiful, but he seems to be running away from the goal, which has already been triggered.

Artistically though, it's near flawless.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Budtard posted:

Ah, I just realised that. Thanks. I'll fix that.

I didn't really know how to resolve that. If I got a robotnik sign, why would he be running away from it? If I put it on the other side, that'd be wrong, since the levels go from left to right. I really didn't know how to fix it apart from how I've done it; he's already beaten the level, now he's going back to collect rings...?

If there's any other way I could do it, please, tell me.

Well he runs from left to right in a 2D environment, but this is a 3D setting. if we were standing on the north side of the map looking down, he would be running from left to right. swapping the contents of the right and left pillar would make things right, and you wouldn't even have to change the sign since we're viewing it from behind.

Or something. >_>.

gently caress it, leave it, it's beautiful, I love it, I'm just bitching for the sake of it.

Edit: I like that guys reason ^^^

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Crocomire in Acid posted:

I found Waldo!!!

In the Generic Corp. Building

http://www.gooncity.com/?x=0.21389007568359375&y=-1.198280709682275&z=13

This get's funnier each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Canis Ex Machina posted:

I accidentally spent pretty much my entire weekend doing 23 Meteor Street from Spaced.

I considered including the gun-free gunfight scene, but I figured it wouldn't translate to Goon City scale as well as the "something bloody spectacular" scene. Other stuff that didn't make the cut included Duane Benzie with a paintball gun, Tyres the bike messenger, and Private Iron.

Thanks to Aciid c0d3r for the tank, and jrr for the shopping trolley.

This is beautiful.

Edit: Holy poo poo, the costume in the window.