Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

I am in. I will start my submission after I finish watching Red Dawn. I am thinking of doing a Red Dawn inspired piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

He just wants to see his daughter. What's so wrong about that?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Add shadows on the ground so my eyes do not keep on switching them from light from the right and the are convex and light from the left and they are convex. Also, the top pyramid is on the sidewalk a little.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

I would like to suggest that when you have a new link that you also post in in the first post so that people can find it easily.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Every city needs a fountain.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Shakra posted:

If you take the gray ground off this would look good with the city hall building in the grass.

Use whichever one seems to work the best in the city.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Ok I figured that I would help add a little something besides just pixel art. I figure this should be fun for everyone. Here is Waldo, and Shakra I think you know what you need to do with him once there are enough hiding places.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

f#a# posted:

Alright, so this is the first time I've really dabbled in pixel art, so I'm not trying to be creative. If anybody has any tips, let me know.

That being said, this was hella fun. Here's a 24-bit PNG.

First time? drat. How long did it take you?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Shakra posted:

There are already enough hiding places but I'll wait. Oh god this is going to be so much fun, It will be hard to keep from adding him in like 30 times.

Well you could rehide him each time you update or something like that. Also, sorry Sneaky Monkey.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Kids need to watch out for the sewer monster.

And with that I am going to do something besides pixel art today...

I will add a couple more tonight or tomorrow.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

The river is colored 12a2c9 according to HTML color notation in case anyone was wondering.

I originally just wanted to find this out, but I could not resist doing this.

Edit: Realized that the tile is too large. Just throw this wherever.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at Aug 13, 2008 around 22:57

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Cbouncerrun posted:

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for all the submissions to be submitted with Goon Tower?

I seem to remember about two weeks before it finished up. Sad to see that is is only archived and not goldmined because that was a great thread.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Mambolicious posted:

Awesome thread! Haven't had an excuse for doing pixelstuff since Goon Tower.

Goon City needs some industry.

(And where the hell IS Waldo? )

First off, that is amazing. Second, where the hell is Waldo? Hell I made the man and yet he eludes me.

Also, there is an error on the fence just left of bicycle guy.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

WALDO SPOTTED!

He is in the satanic tank of blood. Left window in the bottom right corner.

Edit: I needed to go to %400 and scan little by little to see him. Nice one.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

^^^I will wait a couple hours before I try with my patented three part method.

GreatJob posted:

Aww, I was in the middle of my own Godzilla.

Guess this means I'll just have to put a tutu on mine!

Well you could just claim to be a different era of Godzilla. His seems to be more Heisei Era looking. You could aim for more Millennium series or Showa Era. I might watch a little too much Godzilla...

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

I wanted to do something simple while watching the Olympics, so I made this.

Don't forget to take your Prozium II

Edit: No black outline around the base anymore.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at Aug 14, 2008 around 04:11

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

neogeo0823 posted:

I'm going to do several different types of tiles, depending on how Shakra want's to do them. I'm definately doing the reverse of my first tile and (hopefully) 4 90 degree turn tiles, 4 different station buildings, and possibly a switching tile. Goons can make train cars if they want, and we can string together Goon Train, to go in our Goon Town, and it will obviously make a stop at Goon Tower and Goon Base.

Can I get some opinions on that idea, so I know how long to make my work list?

If you make a blank train car so that people can see the dimensions to aim for then people can start the side project goontrain. I would guess that we will not need too many, but we shall see how large this city grows...

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

CatholicSoulTrain posted:

This was fun.

Click here for the full 1165x646 image.

If anybody has anymore ideas for the little houses, let me know and I'll add them in.

First thing that came to mind was clotheslines going across the street.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

I am working on my long term one of one of these and a bunch of pipes and such for an oil refinery sort of setup. We have almost no industry in this city and need more.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Here is my work in progress. I am having some difficulties in adding pipes that look quite right among the ground. Also, I am aware the fence is a little off on the bottom left. Anybody have any ideas that I can add? The only thing that I can think of is "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!" from White Heat, then again I wonder how many people would get the reference...

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Ok. I think I am done. If someone sees something that should be fixed or added I will do so, but until then I think I am done. Also, there were going to be some shadows going against the spheres, such as the double pipes, but god drat making a shadow go over a sphere is hard to do. My brain just does not work that way.

Edit: poo poo! Just missed the update. Ah well. I think this would fit best near the powerstation next to the portal bridge.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at Aug 15, 2008 around 22:41

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

After looking at this I am pretty sure that I will be printing this out to be a poster/s once when this is done. At what DPI would I be looking at for this sort of thing. I would think that 300 would shrink it down too much, but then again I only have so much room on my wall.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Space Detective posted:

Found Waldo! He's among the clones in Generic Corp.

Different Waldo. He is not the official one. This one is the official one.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Krastinov posted:

God dammit photoshop crashes

Save. Save like every 5 minutes like me.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Shakra how much was the print that you did, and did you just do it at Kinko's or something? I figure I should start to look for prices to see how much I should set aside on my meager college budget, and unlike you I do not have a wife who would complain if I hung it up, which I will.

Also, my next project is an adult bookstore because someone suggested that a number of pages ago and I have not seen it happen. That or a strip club. We need more sleaze in Goon city.

Edit: I want GTA:Goon City.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2008 around 06:15

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

^^^That is amazing, but why are all the guards firing their weapons?^^^

Does anyone else hear that sound? Anyone? It kinda sounds like an earthquake...

or maybe a tank or something...

could just be a bulldozer...

THAT IS NO BULLDOZER! THAT IS KILLDOZER!

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Not to be a dick, but isn't Space Godzilla blown up a little too large. It loses the sense of how detailed it is when it is the size it is now. I might be alone in this thought though.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Shakra posted:

I have an updated file but it is over 22mb now and flickr won't take it. I'll have to start breaking them up now I guess.

Whatever happened to GoonCity.com?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Killdozer now with shadow.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at Aug 20, 2008 around 18:31

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Are we under martial law or something? gently caress that. I think that people need to make a riot to help throw off the oppressive military in Goon city. I say we riot under the slogan "Molotovs for peace."

I will throw together some riot tiles to have something for the military to have to control in the next few days. Anyone else is welcome to join. All I am going to do is some street tiles, and maybe a building on fire with smashed windows etc.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Shakra posted:

Maybe something happened when the script sliced everything up. I'll take a look at it later.

Yeah I noticed a few slight discolorations, but I think that is because some of us did not use indexed colors and also saved them as .pngs so there were more colors to work with.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

After ODing on pixel art a couple weeks ago I think I can make a few other ones. I am thinking of doing a stupidly complicated one of an Armored Core being that Armored Core: For Answer comes out tomorrow, or maybe a simpler one such as the adult bookstore idea I partially have made.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

There are two ATATs. One on the freeway, and one near the rocket up north.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

SpeedySurfer posted:

Way to have a 1 word post...

How is he wrong? I can see him...

Not the correct waldo. There are a few different ones. We have one designated waldo to find. This one is the correct one...

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

I think that we need a new pixel art project. I mean this was absolutely loving amazing, but ideas dry up and people loss interest. We have had Goon Base, Goon Tower, and now Goon City. Hell Goon Tower was the reason I finally paid for SA. I think that a new idea should be in the works. Maybe we could do more theme oriented threads so to keep the variety something like Goon Moonbase, Goon Warzone, Goon Spacestation, or Goon Train. I would be fine with another Goon City. A fresh start would be nice. Regardless, I just want another rather active thread to start up.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

What the gently caress? Is my goon train idea actually taking off?

Well...ALL ABOARD!

Ok so who wants to shoulder this one. I personally would be willing to help construct the train and put it together, but I am far too busy to actually take the majority of it. Also, we need the base design of the cars along with the track and starting scenery. I am guessing that we are going with isometric again? If so then the picture is going to end up being like so...
\..........
..\........
....\......
......\....
........\..
..........\
unless we plan on making a twisting and turning train which is what to me seems like the best option. One last thing that I have notice from Goon Tower and Goon City we really should set down the basics for shadows so that they go in the same general direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Christo posted:

Something like this then?

I think it makes a great compromise between 2D and isometric. Cut-away views to the inside of the cars should be pretty simple to do in this style as well.

I like the cut of your jib and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. That is actually a great compromise.