Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hungry Hippo
May 5, 2006

You expect me to eat this?
Definitely in on this. I'm just glad I don't have to put it together :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry Hippo
May 5, 2006

Shakra posted:

Thanks for volunteering you are now in charge of stitching the images together dynamically on the web page.

Seriously, if you could find an upload script or something to put it together, it will make your life easier. I know we were looking into that when I started the goon tower but unfortunately we weren't able to get it working right because of the overlapping.

Hungry Hippo
May 5, 2006

Figured Goons might get hungry.

Hungry Hippo
May 5, 2006

Canis Ex Machina posted:

Who needs a bridge when you can cross the river the James Bond way?

And here's how it should look in place. I was going to put a guy with a slidewhistle standing near it, but realised I couldn't pull it off at this scale.

drat this is addictive.

Only thing missing is a shadow under the car in the water.

Hungry Hippo
May 5, 2006

Just a heads up, if you can, save me a plot of land below the lake area, I'm building this art deco skyscraper:

Click here for the full 828x1378 image.

And I dont want to end up blocking a bunch of regular land plots.

Hungry Hippo
May 5, 2006

Art Deco "Goon Tower" is built:

Click here for the full 1164x1564 image.

Shakra, if you want me to make a shadow for the building, let me know and I'll send it over.

Hungry Hippo
May 5, 2006

Aciid c0d3r posted:

BASE UPDATE:
HELP! If anyone wants to help out with the base, I still need:

A Bar
(3) houses for officers
A tattoo parlor
A "massage" parlor
A water tower

And if you are feeling really adventurous,
A 6X6 truck design and
A Blackhawk or Cobra helicopter.

The base is close to being done, I'm detailing the grounds as we speak, but those are the last real design elements I need.

Link:

Igloos shouldn't be that close to the planes, let alone be located in the middle of the base :colbert:

Hungry Hippo
May 5, 2006

Hey Shakra, just noticed this:

Hungry Hippo
May 5, 2006

Shakra posted:

So as you know I compiled a list of everyone who has contributed so far:
http://ryanallen.com/2008/08/gooncity-a-pixel-art-project/

If you guys want your name to link to your website / flickr account / whatever please just post where you want the link to go. I thought about linking to the section you did in the city but that would take me way, way to much time and most of you have multiple parts.

Just link mine to goontower.com :c00lbert:

Hungry Hippo
May 5, 2006

Someone should probably put it on digg if you really want a lot of traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry Hippo
May 5, 2006

I figured this thread would probably be the best place to post this, since the goontower thread is obviously locked. I've been contacted by the program manager of the Australian Centre for Photography who would like to post GoonTower.com as an interactive exhibit. Basically placing a large LCD screen vertically, and placing some sort of scroll wheel next to it so visitors can scroll through it. I agreed, because honestly, a collaborative goon project being exhibited somewhere is pretty drat cool. The dates of the show are from 30 January until 7 March, with a preview on 29 January. You are all invited to the preview if you live in Sydney or are willing to buy yourself a plane ticket. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.