Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The xXx riff is pretty great, even if it's just Mike talking to himself.

Duuuuhhhhhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

The xXx riff is pretty great, even if it's just Mike talking to himself.

Duuuuhhhhhh.

I saw one where it was just one of the guys and Disembaudio. I'm usually a huge fan of Rifftrax, but they really need at least two people doing them to make them work, because that one bored the poo poo out of me :gonk:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I saw one where it was just one of the guys and Disembaudio. I'm usually a huge fan of Rifftrax, but they really need at least two people doing them to make them work, because that one bored the poo poo out of me :gonk:

Mike did Roadhouse by himself (with a little bit of help from Disembaudio) and it was loving hilarious.

You are right generally speaking. It's always funnier when they can play off each other.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Over the Top was just Mike and it was freaking hilarious.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
As was the Fifth Element. But really, Over the Top is the best Mike solo riff.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
There's a new short - Aqua Frolics - available.

http://www.rifftrax.com/ondemand/aqua-frolics

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

There's a new short - Aqua Frolics - available.

http://www.rifftrax.com/ondemand/aqua-frolics

We call it "Drownsgiving!"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I watched The Phantom Menace + Rifftrax last night and it was fantastic. Now I'm watching Attack Of The Clones.

They really hate these movies as much as I do :lol:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Got a preview up of something me and some guys worked on for iRiffs, once that part of the site is up. We went with a short just to get the kinks out before we go with something longer.

Superman in Japoteurs. We'll fix the low movie sound later.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Gavok posted:

Got a preview up of something me and some guys worked on for iRiffs, once that part of the site is up. We went with a short just to get the kinks out before we go with something longer.

Superman in Japoteurs. We'll fix the low movie sound later.
The writing is funny and delivery is good, so kudos on that, but that one fella needs to remember to take his mic out of the box before using it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DoombatINC posted:

The writing is funny and delivery is good, so kudos on that, but that one fella needs to remember to take his mic out of the box before using it.

Yeah, I know. I hadn't really recorded anything before, so it took me some getting used to. The quality on my end gets better after the first minute or so.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
The third Rifftones song is up on the Quick Stop Entertainment site (scroll down a lot). This one is called “The Ballad of Rufus Amos Adams” and it's the best country song ever.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

Leospeare posted:

The third Rifftones song is up on the Quick Stop Entertainment site (scroll down a lot). This one is called “The Ballad of Rufus Amos Adams” and it's the best country song ever.
That's the best one yet. I had to try really, really hard not to crack up while I'm here at work.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I guess they had their 20 questions today. Next movie up is Iron Man.

October 14th

I was kinda hoping they'd do a riff of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls. Kinda like how they did 300, releasing it the same day the DVD came out. But I guess Iron Man will do.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Gaseous Snake posted:

October 14th

I was kinda hoping they'd do a riff of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls. Kinda like how they did 300, releasing it the same day the DVD came out. But I guess Iron Man will do.

Perfect. I just got the Iron Man DVD.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

And I've been trying to think of an excuse to watch Iron Man again, so this works out very well!

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
I think this is the first time I'm ambivalent about a Riff coming out - I love Iron Man.. the movie is literally something I can watch again and again by itself, so it doesn't *need* Riffing...

But they always do such a good job. *sigh* Seconding the Crystal Skull Riff desire. That film *deserves* it.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaseous Snake posted:

October 14th

poo poo, that was quick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The latest CT is out now. Legacy of Blood and its another weird 70s horror movie.

I think they're realizing that not a lot of people like the whole movie stoppage parts so its limited to just two and they're not really that long.

There are some really great riffs in this one despite the movie itself being a real stinker.

Spittin Wheelie
Nov 4, 2005

Spittin is a nasty habbit...
I have only seen the Troll 2 RiffTrax so far, which was hilarious. Does anyone have a good method of syncing the .mp3 to the video?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Spittin Wheelie posted:

I have only seen the Troll 2 RiffTrax so far, which was hilarious. Does anyone have a good method of syncing the .mp3 to the video?

The best way is to re-author the DVD.

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,413.0.html

It's a lot easier than it looks.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Iron Man's out earlier than usual.
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/iron-man
The sample hasn't made it to youtube, but there's still a sample on the RiffTrax site.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

If you were hoping they would do more lovely movies, you're getting your wish:

Releasing 10/21.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
Fuckity gently caress I did not want to see that movie ever in any way.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mein Eyes! posted:

Yeah. I think this movie might actually be too bad for Rifftrax.

Sinfjotli
Dec 22, 2003

Lemon Curry?

TheDingo posted:

Yeah. I think this movie might actually be too bad for Rifftrax.

I think it might actually be just right. It's bad, but a lot of it is pretty riffable.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Sinfjotli posted:

I think it might actually be just right. It's bad, but a lot of it is pretty riffable.
I heard a lot of people say that it's so bad it's good.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've actually kind of wanted an excuse to watch that movie; I'm having a hard time believing that it's as bad as people say, and I want to see for myself. But not enough to rent it without a rifftrax.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Mein Eyes! posted:

And I thought renting Britney Spears' Crossroads was embarassing!

:argh: Mike Nelson!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wiseblood posted:

If you were hoping they would do more lovely movies, you're getting your wish:

Releasing 10/21.

See this is actually a good use of their time because its a BAD movie. Sometimes it just seems like they're doing movies just because they can. Like with Iron Man I don't really see a point in doing a Rifftrack for it.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

See this is actually a good use of their time because its a BAD movie. Sometimes it just seems like they're doing movies just because they can. Like with Iron Man I don't really see a point in doing a Rifftrack for it.

I skipped over the Iron Man rifftrax too. After Raiders, I decided to try and stick to movies I know are bad.

Anyway, a new rifftrax is up. What? New? Now? Huh!?

RiffTrax SMASH! RiffTrax SMASH OLD EPISODE OF "The HULK"! RiffTrax OFFER IT FREE!

Yes, RiffTrax has teamed with the geniuses at Overcast Media to offer you the hilarious movie riffing experience free, right here on your computer.

For the first time ever on the Internet, one company's hilarious comedy (RiffTrax) will be automatically synched (by Overcast) to FREE content (by Hulu)

http://www.rifftrax.com/hulk

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree
This hulu synching has amazing possibilities, because Hulu could provide a way to do riffable movies that nobody owns. Example, all three Karate Kids are up there now, along with Xanadu, Planet of the Apes and Code of Silence starring Chuck Norris.

Edit: They'll have to find a way to allow full screen though, the Hulk riff is great, but needs to be bigger.

Cooter Libby
Jul 30, 2004

by angerbot
They don't really do movies I like too often and they always turn out weird but I decided to give Iron Man a shot. It was alright, but I felt like I should have just watched the movie again without the commentary. Felt the same way about Fellowship of the Ring and Raiders of the Lost Ark. I want more like Wicker Man and hopefully The Happening will deliver on that.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Went and bought Star Wars Attack of the Clones riff by recommendation, and I can now say I can watch that movie multiple times and enjoy it. Every mention of sand and water had me cracking up.
Also I went to the store and saw they had the last Indy movie on DVD any idea if they plan on doing a riff on it? Raider's riff was weaker than the star wars riffs, but I think Crystal Skull has way more potential.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There's no real way of knowing, but I think it's only a matter of time until they give it the treatment. There might be another 20 questions on their forum next Wednesday so we'll find out soon enough.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Sample for The Happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8PxA6IVdYo

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

Wiseblood posted:

Holy. Lord. I thought Lady in the Water was bad.

The riffing was pretty funny though. Maybe I'll throw this movie into my Netflix queue, because I've got a feeling this is a good one.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

utonium posted:

Holy. Lord. I thought Lady in the Water was bad.

The riffing was pretty funny though. Maybe I'll throw this movie into my Netflix queue, because I've got a feeling this is a good one.

This is going to hurt. I'll watch it, but it will be painful. Can someone PLEASE stop Shyamalan from directing?

CallingYouARadical
Aug 6, 2008

Wiseblood posted:

Oh, wow. I had forgotten how bad the acting was in this movie. Definitely watching that as soon as possible; it'll make me feel better about seeing it the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Here's a shocker.

• Locked thread