Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FronzelNeekburm posted:

This one had me laughing the entire time. What causes stomachaches? Obviously not skipping lunch and buying soda and cookies and candy, but eating too quickly!

What the hell was up with his breakfast anyway? Some kind of cereal, eggs, bacon, toast, orange juice and milk. And they expect the kid to eat ALL of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this? posted:

What the hell was up with his breakfast anyway? Some kind of cereal, eggs, bacon, toast, orange juice and milk. And they expect the kid to eat ALL of it?

It's all a part of a well-balanced breakfast!

When I was a kid, breakfast was either:

1. bowl of cold cereal,
2. 2 scrambled eggs w/toast & milk, or
3. pancakes w/syrup & OJ

Killfast37
May 7, 2007
I went to Cinematic Titanic last night with a few friends and we absolutely loved it. They re-riffed Santa Clause Conquers the Martians and it was absolutely hilarious. Completely new riffs. It was worth the $30 bucks. I was going to stay around and talk to the cast but it looked like a lot of people were going to be in line for purchasing memorabilia and getting it signed. It was a good night all around though. I think it might have even surpassed the original.

Bert Fegg
Sep 3, 2006

Pemmican posted:

They got away with a few "shits" during MST3K: The Movie. Definitely though, they try to keep their material at about PG-13, around the range of a TV-broadcast of an R rated film.

This is one of the things I love about them from a craft standpoint - throwing in "gently caress" is just about the cheapest possible way of getting a laugh, it requires almost no thought or talent at all. Of course it's possible to use swearing cleverly, but that's a rare and special thing.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Bert Fegg posted:

This is one of the things I love about them from a craft standpoint - throwing in "gently caress" is just about the cheapest possible way of getting a laugh, it requires almost no thought or talent at all. Of course it's possible to use swearing cleverly, but that's a rare and special thing.

Totally agree. In the very last MST3K episode (Diabolik) the main bad guy is in a yacht and sees a power boat heading towards the yacht. Casually he says, "Is that Stud...coming?" referring to one of his henchmen, Stud. Of course you could make an over the top joke about cum and all that, but Crow merely shakes his head in shock and says "Excuse me?!?!" It's really all that's needed and it represents the high road in humor.

Pemmican
Sep 29, 2008

Bert Fegg posted:

Aye; they'd probably only use the ol' F-bomb only if they were quoting a source, like a line from another movie. It'd be great if both riffing franchises did a "Late Nite" series of material where they could swear (but with class) and throw in more sexual humor, or other things they couldn't have done on Comedy Central or Sci-Fi. "Adults only," but poo poo, kids know dem words anyway.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Rifftrax.com has been redesigned, the Rifftrax DIY has come back, and the iRiff system is underway. The following titles are available for the initial launch:

Speed
Tron
The Core
Gamera: Guardian of the Universe
Stargate Atlantis- Rising
Star Trek Voyager: Caretaker
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan
Impostor
Anaconda
Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet
Dune
Star Wars: A New Hope
Destroy All Planets
Bloody Pit of Horror
Boys Beware
Friday The 13th
The Relaxed Wife
Super Mario Bros.
Street Fighter: The Movie
Mazes and Monsters

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'm digging the new look.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Behonkiss posted:

Rifftrax.com has been redesigned, the Rifftrax DIY has come back, and the iRiff system is underway. The following titles are available for the initial launch:

The redesign is fairly hideous. I hate rollover text on sites.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, new rifftrax coming up.

This Wednesday

I'm skipping this. I'm tired of comic book movie riffs.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
But.. but...

Magneto!

Cerebro!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kenderama posted:

But.. but...

Magneto!

Cerebro!

That wore out its welcome after the first hundred times they said it.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Gaseous Snake posted:

I dunno. I still laugh - however I do remember it getting old during viewing. So with distance it retains humor to me.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Behonkiss posted:

Rifftrax.com has been redesigned, the Rifftrax DIY has come back, and the iRiff system is underway.

Unfortunately it's taking them for-loving-ever to approve my iRiff video :(

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Gaseous Snake posted:

I loved it when they brought it back in Harry Potter and Mike and Bill got mad at Kevin for trying to horn in on THEIR joke.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Oh god Netflix FINALLY sent me The Happening and oh my God it was one of their best. Also, how could anyone watch that piece of poo poo without Rifftrax??

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The best X-men joke was "Up up and agay!" :colbert:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Candy Dawn posted:

Oh god Netflix FINALLY sent me The Happening and oh my God it was one of their best. Also, how could anyone watch that piece of poo poo without Rifftrax??

By eating lots and lots of hot dogs

Anyway, I thought Indy IV was a terrible waste of time and possibly the dumbest movie of 2008, but then I watched the Happening and, welp.

What I'm astonished did not get a comment was the total lack of reaction by the bystanders. "Huh. Yep, you just plunged a hairpin in your throat. You know, chili would be great for dinner tonight."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

My iRiffs Superman in Japoteurs is finally up.

C'mon! It's only a buck! Give it a shot!

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Gavok posted:

My iRiffs Superman in Japoteurs is finally up.

C'mon! It's only a buck! Give it a shot!

I don't think there is a funnier two-word phrase in the English language than "bunt cake"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Candy Dawn posted:

Goons will watch anything after a night of drinking

we sobered up pretty fast :(

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
X-Men 2 rifftrax is out! I know what I'm doing with the rest of my night. :cool:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Alan Smithee posted:

Goons will watch anything after a night of drinking

we sobered up pretty fast :(
I remember showing my friends the Rifftrax for Battlefield Earth.

I've never heard a room go from drunken laughter to deathly silence so fast.

Vezbot
Jan 2, 2005

PFC Nole, our officer in the hole
Just watched Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer for the first time. Wow what a cliche clunker but a very good edition of Rifftrax. Classic MST3K crew and some top notch lines.

"I excrete Clearasil"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Seems they're selling the shorts as a DVD collection now. There's even a new short on it which is annoying because I've already bought all of the available shorts as they came out and don't want/need a DVD version of them.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Seems they're selling the shorts as a DVD collection now. There's even a new short on it which is annoying because I've already bought all of the available shorts as they came out and don't want/need a DVD version of them.

I read that they were "thinking about it" once on their forums so I stopped buying the shorts all together. Now I can have them all at once! Bahahahaha!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Actually reading some more its not all of the shorts, just the "Best" although they say Vol 1 so they'll probably release the rest on DVD. Here's the list of what's going to be coming out though:
Down and Out
Patriotism
Buying Food
Right or Wrong
Drugs are Like That
Skipper Learns a Lesson
The Trouble With Women
It Must be the Neighbors

with the extra short Shake Hands with Danger.

Also there's some weird 3-D animated avatars for Mike, Kevin and Bill.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Actually reading some more its not all of the shorts, just the "Best" although they say Vol 1 so they'll probably release the rest on DVD. Here's the list of what's going to be coming out though:
Down and Out
Patriotism
Buying Food
Right or Wrong
Drugs are Like That
Skipper Learns a Lesson
The Trouble With Women
It Must be the Neighbors

with the extra short Shake Hands with Danger.

Also there's some weird 3-D animated avatars for Mike, Kevin and Bill.

Bahahaha...ha...ha... Aw crap.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its also definitely cheaper to buy them on their own than the DVD which is just 9 shorts for $14.95. While each short is just $.99 each.

Risky
May 18, 2003

bonestructure posted:

X-Men 2 rifftrax is out! I know what I'm doing with the rest of my night. :cool:

The first X-men movie rifftrax was hilarious. This one wasn't nearly as funny. I found myself concentrating more on the movie dialogue at a certain point.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Its also definitely cheaper to buy them on their own than the DVD which is just 9 shorts for $14.95. While each short is just $.99 each.

I wonder if they'll offer the bonus short on its own? It would suck otherwise.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have a feeling they'll EVENTUALLY put out the new short on its own because that's bullshit for people who have been supporting them all this time.

Maybe they could do some thing where if you've already bought the rest of the shorts they'll let you purchase the new one. Their system keeps track of what you've bought so it shouldn't be that hard to do.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

I have a feeling they'll EVENTUALLY put out the new short on its own because that's bullshit for people who have been supporting them all this time.

Maybe they could do some thing where if you've already bought the rest of the shorts they'll let you purchase the new one. Their system keeps track of what you've bought so it shouldn't be that hard to do.

Maybe, as a twisted joke, when they release the short on its own it'll cost the price of the DVD minus the price of the other individual shorts. Maybe a dollar less as a Super-Fun-Ultra-Wacky Discount(TM). If it were up to me, I'd consider doing something like that, but I'm an rear end in a top hat.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Actually I just ordered the shorts DVD. Sure it's more expensive than buying them alone (and the new CGI overlay looks kind of lame on the new one), but this is a really good gift. My dad used to love MST3K when it was on TV and these shorts are from his era, the kind of things he had to watch growing up, so getting a bunch in DVD form so he can watch it easily on his TV is right up his alley. It definitely isn't aimed at those of us who use a PC as our media center or roll our own audio tracks.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Gaseous Snake posted:

I read that they were "thinking about it" once on their forums so I stopped buying the shorts all together. Now I can have them all at once! Bahahahaha!

I was surprised to find that their forums have 8000+ registered members.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Mein Eyes! posted:

I was surprised to find that their forums have 8000+ registered members.

The info club had over 100,000 members at one point, so I'm surprised the number is this low considering how many computer geeks were/are fans.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Fan forums are hard to have a decent discussion since they mostly just circle jerk over the product.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

The info club had over 100,000 members at one point, so I'm surprised the number is this low considering how many computer geeks were/are fans.

You'd be surprised how many MST3K fans don't know about rifftrax. I walked into a comic book store last year and overheard the employees talking about MST3K. As I was paying for my books I told them about rifftrax and they had no idea the guys behind MST3K were doing anything these days.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Sadly that X-Men 2 riff was pretty weak as was the Indiana Jones one in my opinion. They can coast along on the good-will from The Happening for all eternity though, so I'm not worried they are slipping or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Risky posted:

You'd be surprised how many MST3K fans don't know about rifftrax. I walked into a comic book store last year and overheard the employees talking about MST3K. As I was paying for my books I told them about rifftrax and they had no idea the guys behind MST3K were doing anything these days.

Do you think they still have access to the info club?

• Locked thread