Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
It occurred to me that the one film that practically begs for a good hard riffing is Highlander. Highlander 2 not so much, because, well, kicking a cripple is not exactly sporting, now is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaseous Snake posted:

I guess they had their 20 questions today. Next movie up is Iron Man.

October 14th

I was kinda hoping they'd do a riff of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls. Kinda like how they did 300, releasing it the same day the DVD came out. But I guess Iron Man will do.

poo poo, that was quick.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I can't stand Bill Corbett as Crow, yet I adore Bill Corbett as Bill Corbett. Figure that one out.

Bill was never quite as good as Trace as Crow. But, I still enjoy his riffing.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Merry loving Christmas Goons.

This has the potential to be the most awesome thing ever done. By anyone. Ever.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Hey guys, remember when Mike and the guys did Raiders, and everyone thought they did an awesome job with a perfect movie?

Holy gently caress.

Rifftrax posted:

Just speak the word "jaws" to anyone and their pulse quickens, the hair on the back of their neck stands up as a dim memory rises to the surface of their consciousness - a memory of the first time they saw Murray Hamilton. Most likely it was in an episode of B.J. and the Bear, or perhaps The F.B.I with Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., but if not that, then his turn as the sartorially resplendent, gravelly voiced mayor of Amity in Jaws, the movie that made a generation of people afraid to go into the water (they were justifiably terrified of getting a skin disease from coming in contact with Quint's run-off.) Yes, long before blockbusters like Spider-Man 2, Shrek the Third, or Garden State there was Jaws, the story of small town mayor Larry Vaughn (played by the magnificent Murray Hamilton) and his quest to find the perfect jacket to wear while resisting the whining of Richard Dreyfuss. There is also a shark.

Mike, Bill and Kevin cruise the movie like a large squalus grabbing it with their powerful - oh, what's the word for it... mandibles - then, a little shakin', a little tenderizin', and down it goes.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

IUG posted:

So it's weird when you buy movies for the Rifftrax that goes along with it. Tonight I might be watching Predator, coincidently. Whenever I buy a Rifftrax I tend to buy a short with it now. Basically I was hoping someone could just shoot off a random suggestion. I already have Are You Popular?, Drugs Are Like That, Good Health Practices, and Trouble With Women.

So, the Predator track is only Mike, but it should still be comedy gold, right?

I thought Predator had Kevin too?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

exponentory posted:

"Sure they argue alot, but the sex is great"

"Then I'll see you in hell!"
"LEEEEEROY JENNNNKINS!"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

raditts posted:

They seem to make recurring jokes about certain things for no particular reason. They used to make a lot of Jorge Garcia jokes in the earlier riffs.

A Jorge Garcia joke still pops up from time to time. Poor Hurley :smith:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I am very disappointed in Mike right now. The first 5 movies listed at the bottom of the page are Road House, Red Dawn, Point Break, Dirty Dancing, and Ghost. :( Oh well, can't really blame the guys for wanting to make a buck.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I for one would like to see what they could do with the entire run of This Island Earth instead of the chopped up version that was on the movie. Also, it'd be different seeing as it'd be Bill instead of Trace.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

Next Rifftrax completes the trilogy of the Matrix. This is gonna to be good.

One can only hope that after this, we can get completion of Lord of the Rings and Star Wars.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
If you didn't see/hear this on Youtube....well...jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_h5tqjwr3U&feature=sub

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Wiseblood posted:

No surprise here. I hope they really tear it a new one:

Releases on 10/22.

As someone who enjoyed ROTF, I look forward to this riff. There's something comforting about the guys riffing a movie you liked, I don't know what it is...

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Behonkiss posted:

Wow.

loving gently caress!!!

10 loving years I go without seeing that movie, based on the opinion that it was a crime against good taste and humanity....oh loving hell.

My streak is over :cry:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Kenderama posted:

Found this today on my local Theater's Website:

http://bigscreenmovies.com/?pid=184&id=1858&calField=12/16/09

Dear God. Please, no Star Wars holiday special....

Star Wars Holiday Special would be awesome if the guest riffer was Mark Hamill though.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

Rifftrax X-Mas Live

They offically annouced the Christmas show, which has special guest Weird Al. :rock:

pleaseshowonVancouverIslandpleaseshowonVancouverIsland....

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Mister Kingdom posted:

Just finished the Rifftrax Presents of Footloose.

Decent riffing, bad movie. I don't see how they could have stuffed any more cliches into this one.

Honestly, I could be wrong, but I think they weren't really cliches until Footloose came out.

I haven't tried any of the Varney/Stratton riffs, are they any good for the most part?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
After rewatching the Jurassic Park riff, I gotta go with Weird Al.

BOY? OR? GIRL?!?!!?!?!?!?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Turmoil posted:

It would be like if they tried to do a riff of Army of Darkness. It just wouldn't work.

There already is a riff of Army of Darkness. It's called the commentary of the Director's Cut.

Bruce's impression of Sam Raimi kills me every time.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
And this Friday...one of the great epics of hilarity comes to an end...

Return of the Jedi. For sixteen years, it was widely regarded as the worst chapter in the Star Wars saga. We now look back upon this period of time, appalled and embarrassed at how naive we were. For while Return of the Jedi may be slow to get started, while it may delay the final confrontation between Luke and Vader in favor of an endless Ewok/Stormtrooper battle, while it may feature C3PO as its main character for the first twenty minutes and while it may have killed off Salacious Crumb instead of making him the focus of the entire movie, consider this: nobody utters the line "Yippee".

Return of the Jedi begins where The Empire Strikes Back left off: with George Lucas deciding which scenes to ruin by inserting a musical number by a hideous creature named Sy Snootles, who sounds like Disembaudio did before he took singing lessons. The dance scene is vital to the plot: how were we, the audience members supposed to know whether or not Jedi rocked, unless there was a song included in the movie named "Jedi Rocks"? Yes, the song is sung in a foreign tongue and the only way you'd know it was called "Jedi Rocks" was if you bought the soundtrack, but ignoring those irrelevant points, we can finally conclude after watching six episodes of Star Wars, a task that would take up well over half of one day of your life, that Jedi do in fact, Rock.

Fans of puppets, Hutts and metal bikinis: your ship has come in. Cancel your weekend trip to the Great Pit of Carkoon, boil up a big bowl of Tatooine paddy frogs and call up your buddy Nien Numb to come sit next to you even though you don't speak the same language: we're finally riffing Return of the Jedi.

As this is the final chapter in the Star Wars saga for RiffTrax to tackle, Mike, Kevin and Bill would like to take the time to reminisce about their favorite moments in the series. Here they are in order: The time Jar Jar became a senator and the time Stinky the Hutt was kidnapped. Thank you and good night.

Please note: As with Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back, we riffed the Special Edition of the movie. If you own Return of the Jedi on DVD, you already have the right version.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Preview is up on Youtube.

"Please...leave my body...to Toys for Tots...."

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Less than five minutes into RotJ, and holy poo poo this is awesome.

"He asks the impossible!"
Kevin: "He wants Bono to be less of a douche!"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Just hoping that Return of the King is coming soon.

Please Mike:ohdear:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rocketfish posted:

Dude, these guys need to do "Daybreakers", badly. That movie was a perfect mix of passable film marred with the most disjointed insertions of horrible writing and directing decisions I have ever seen. Best unintentional comedy of the year.

Actually, after watching RotJ, and hearing the sheer number of Avatar jokes, I have little doubt that its going to be featured as soon as it hits stores.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Coming next:

RiffTrax.com posted:

Paranormal Activity succeeds by putting the viewer in the most deviously terrifying position ever imagined by a filmmaker: captive audience to an idiot's home movie. It recreates the experience of being stuck in a room with Micah (pronounced MEEK-uh, or DOOSH-bag), the kind of guy you immediately want to start punching and never stop punching until the punching is done. The kind of guy who spends his free time at the mall, conspicuously checking out 16-year olds while chatting loudly on his Bluetooth headset about hair gels. In short, Micah is a super sweet dude.

In a hard-to-swallow supernatural twist, Micah has somehow acquired a live-in girlfriend, Katie. In any other film she would stand out as a shrill, unlikeable person, but in the twisted world of Paranormal Activity she is borderline tolerable. Katie carries some baggage, namely some sort of ghost, or demon, or...well it's not really clear. Whatever it is, it's up to no good, pulling off masterful scares such as moving keys off the counter, and gradually shifting a door while Micah and Katie sleep. By the way, get used to watching Micah and Katie sleep, because that's pretty much the whole movie. Oh, and one time they go outside and Katie sits in a chair.

Strap in for terror, or at least a steady, crushing, existential dread, as Mike, Kevin, and Bill go up against the film equivalent of sitting next to a talkative moron on a 6-hour flight: Paranormal Activity.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Dammit, I rewatched Jurassic Park, and now I want Mike to get Weird Al back for The Lost World.

"BOY....OR......GIRL???????????????????"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ReD_DaWn posted:

HP Chamber of Secrets: "Constipation can be like passing through a brick wall"

HP Philosopher's Stone: "Mr. Harry Potter wishes to make a withdrawal."
Mike: "If that's ok with you, corpse of Benjamin Franklin."

Best Mike riff of that movie was his demand "Do NOT attempt wizardry without bits or bobs!!"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ehdee posted:

Disembaudio

Best Disembaudio part ever is when he starts egging on Frenzy in Transformers.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Propaniac posted:

Why haven't they done Goblet of Fire yet :smith:

I just sent a tweet to Kevin asking if GoF or Return of the King will be coming soon. On the off chance he responds, I'll post it.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Propaniac posted:

Heh, awhile back I tried tweeting @Rifftrax twice asking about GOF (practically the only thing I've ever used my Twitter account for). Didn't get a reply, but maybe they'll like you better.

In the meantime, I am certainly looking forward to enjoying the New Moon riff later this week.

Well Kevin and Bill are both pretty prolific on twitter. (@kwmurphy and @BillCorbett respectively), and have both tweeted hints to upcoming riffs before, so, we'll see I suppose.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Quick question, how was Alien with Kevin and Bill doing the riffing?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Plavski posted:

To be honest, there are only a handful of poor Riffs and on the whole they're great.

And to categorize the solo Mike ones as the poor Riffs is inaccurate. Predator has easily become one of my favorites.

I'd like to see Kevin and Bill do Predator 2 as a follow up.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
From Mike's Twitter, it sounds like the next riff may be painful:

michaeljnelson posted:

Check out this astounding x-ray of my skull minutes after watching the movie "Speed Racer".

The knife was probably to stop the crazy light induced seizures.

(Seriously though, my wife's neurologist advised her not to see Speed Racer based on the crazy effects had a good chance of setting off her epilepsy. How messed up is that?)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

CrumFUNist! posted:

City Limits wasn't boring, it had that cheesy '80s quality to it that made it watchable to an extent.

It also had the Kim Cattrall song. And caused this awesome story:

The MST3K Wiki posted:

“I was in my hotel room and was channel surfing. And what do I hear but my own name being sung by a small golden man. And it just went on like that. I yelled for my boyfriend to come in and see this. We were just in shock. A few minutes later, one of my lesser accomplishments came on: ‘City Limits.’ I called my publicity agent and asked him if Mystery Science Theater 3000 was a real show. He said yes. I called my florist and had an odd request: to send a bouquet of flowers to a Crow T. Robot.”

Did Trace ever get those flowers I wonder....

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Revolvyerom posted:

"Line..." at this point completely breaks my enjoyment of a riff. They use it in about a third of their riffs now, and it's jarring to hear the same joke used repeatedly. Was funny the first few times.

They did the same thing in the MST days though. There was always at least one "Calgon, take me away!" joke, in the Joel Era, there were constant "Hey, its the NBC mystery movie!" jokes....

So, it's not really a new phenomenon.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Did..did we just relocate?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Diabolik900 posted:

I don't think they were based on any one, specific movie. I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out that they could not have made enough jokes about Brain Guy not having a body to satisfy me.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

edit:^^No, those guys were parodied at the beginning of "The Deadly Mantis" when they ask Bobo and Peanut to repair their bomb.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Plavski posted:

Let's stop bickering about the Brain Guys and watch the best thing they ever did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96yDvQAjDyg

What's weird is seeing Mike lip-synching as Kevin does the actual singing, then Bill actually sings his lines.

At any rate, the man can sing!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Update from Bill's twitter, next Rifftrax presents will be Poltergeist, by Janet Varney and Cole Stratton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So just got through Alien, and it's pretty drat good. I'd like to see Bill and Kevin do the other movies in the series as well.

• Locked thread