Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

FelchTragedy posted:

If it's too cumbersome, we can always send the cheques to an agreed charity.

It would be fun to do a goon riff with proceeds going to Child's Play or the like. I think spliting/pocketing the money is pretty silly. This way it will be a bit more laid back and fun and if it does well the cash will go to a good cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I agree that the Star Trek 6 riff is the best of the Star Treks. It's actually one of their better riffs now that I think about it.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mein Eyes! posted:

Fuckity gently caress I did not want to see that movie ever in any way.

Yeah. I think this movie might actually be too bad for Rifftrax.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Pemmican posted:

They riffed a few episodes of the web series "Star Trek: New Voyages," but I'd like to see them wrestle the rights from Paramount's greedy clutches, and start on some Next Generation and Voyager episodes, the latter especially.

They riffed Generations already if you want that Next Generation riff. It's a pretty good one, though I think it would get old if they did a few episodes.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

IUG posted:

I just watched the Iron Man Rifftrax last night. There were beeps in the Riff. They won't swear in a Rifftrax if they don't do it in the movie. I think they said they would scale the Riff to the movie's ratings, so if you're watching a PG movie, then it would be PG too.

They did mention something like that, but usually they are far more conservative that the actual rating. Not that they need to swear to be funny, but even for the movies with stricter ratings they will often do a very family friendly riff. I actually did a double take a couple nights ago when watching the Plan 9 From Outer Space (which definitely falls in the G to early PG category) riff and heard Kevin proclaim "Bullshit!"

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Actually I just ordered the shorts DVD. Sure it's more expensive than buying them alone (and the new CGI overlay looks kind of lame on the new one), but this is a really good gift. My dad used to love MST3K when it was on TV and these shorts are from his era, the kind of things he had to watch growing up, so getting a bunch in DVD form so he can watch it easily on his TV is right up his alley. It definitely isn't aimed at those of us who use a PC as our media center or roll our own audio tracks.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Why haven't they riffed "The Core" yet? It seems so perfect as it is such a terrible movie that takes itself seriously with a big budget, recognizable actors, and hilarious psuedoscience. It's made for riffing.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Western Backstroke posted:

Wow, I've bought a lot off Rifftrax. This Friday will be Enchiladas and "The Happening," so I'm pretty excited since the buzz sounds more than favorable. The last Food and Rifftrax was Crystal Skull and that was a big let down.

You are missing two essentials in "Over the Top" (my personal fav) and "Battlefield Earth". Time to double up the Rifftrax nights.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Savantegarde posted:

For me Glitter was the worst riff. I don't know if the movie was just that bad or if the Mary or Mike wasn't on her/his game or what but I couldn't finish it in one sitting.

It's a little of both. The movie happened to be more boring than bad, which is really saying something, and the riff doesn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The process is such a huge pain. If there was some way of getting Rifftrax integrated with Netflix instant streaming (for a fee of course), I would be in heaven.

• Locked thread