Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

As I said in the last thread, I'd nominate the Rifftrax for The Matrix Reloaded and Transformers as the funniest I've seen, and I've seen 20-something of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mein Eyes! posted:

My favorites: Two Towers, Jurassic Park, Matrix Reloaded, and Alien.

I can't recommend Two Towers enough though.

How much better is it than the one for Fellowship?

That one was almost painful to sit through because the movie's so loving long and I didn't find the commentary particularly funny, so it made a long movie even longer.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm watching The Two Towers Rifftrax now and you guys were right. It is a lot better than the one for Fellowship.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Starting to watch the Spider-Man 2 'trax. First one I've seen in weeks, and it's great so far :unsmith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

The xXx riff is pretty great, even if it's just Mike talking to himself.

Duuuuhhhhhh.

I saw one where it was just one of the guys and Disembaudio. I'm usually a huge fan of Rifftrax, but they really need at least two people doing them to make them work, because that one bored the poo poo out of me :gonk:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I watched The Phantom Menace + Rifftrax last night and it was fantastic. Now I'm watching Attack Of The Clones.

They really hate these movies as much as I do :lol:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watched Twilight with the Trax on Saturday and it's now my favorite Riff, with Transformers and The Matrix Reloaded tied for 2nd.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Leaving in a few minutes and hoping tickets are still available at the theater!

I'll be going to the Elmwood Palace 20 in Harahan, LA.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stuntcock posted:

Just got back. New Orleans (Elmwood.)

I must say, in goondom's defense, the one obvious goon there was a cute redhead behind me; by obvious, I meant her whispering to her friend when Lowtax was on about SA. :)

You must have missed me in my Moofwear shirt :shobon:

All in all, the event was fantastic, except for (as mentioned) the guy with the lighter (who was sitting RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME). It was my first time seeing Plan 9 and I thought the riffers did a great job of tearing the movie to pieces. A bunch of the lines were loving hilarious and I'm still chuckling to myself thinking about some of them.

The short was pretty great, too, but I thought the musical section was pretty weak and overall the stuff before Plan 9 actually started seemed to go on for longer than it should have.

But besides the drunk middle aged man sitting directly in front of me who kept yelling stuff out during the movie (after Coulton's zombie song, this dude would NOT shut the gently caress up and kept saying "braaains" throughout the entire rest of the feature) and the intro stuff being a bit overlong, it was a really fun experience and I'd definitely go see another if they ever decide to do this again in the future.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

I beg to differ. It gave me the perfect opportunity to get popcorn and a drink. :colbert:

:lol: Was that guy a goon? Because I remember some goon posting his acoustic album about robots and stuff in GBS a few years ago and I really liked it. Coulton sounded a lot like the goon I'm remembering, except I didn't like the songs he played tonight half as much as whatever I heard on that album ages ago.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Does anyone know if there's an encore of the Reefer Madness RiffTrax Live coming at some point? I had to miss it last night because I was playing a show.

I seem to recall there being an encore of the Plan 9 one last year, though I got to go to that one live, so I didn't pay much attention to how far after the live event it happened.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this? posted:

The encore is on the 24th, so Tuesday.

Oh drat, that's a lot sooner than I thought.

Cool. Thanks! :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Traxus IV posted:

Can someone explain this Disembaudio thing? Is that the robot voice that appears every once in a while? I feel like there's a joke I'm not getting here.

Yeah, it's there to make sure the movie is synced up to the riff. When a character in the movie utters a line of dialogue, Disembaudio does the same so you can tell whether you're on track or not as far as the syncing goes. This happens only a few times per riff at most.

But in some riffs, The Room for example, Disembaudio gets a good amount of lines and basically becomes one of the riffers, in addition to checking the sync.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Airbender, like Twilight and its sequels, is one of those movies that I would only watch with RiffTrax. There's no way in hell you could get me to watch that without riffing, but I'm sure it'll be pretty drat entertaining with the riff.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bruckner posted:

Airbender makes The Phantom Menace look like Citizen Kane

Seriously. I'm watching it right now, about an hour and 15 minutes in, and I'm more bored than I have been during any movie in such a long time. The riff is decent, but it definitely isn't one I could rewatch like Twilight or New Moon with the riffs.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Silentgoldfish posted:

Jeezus, that was the movie that would never end. I think it's even worse than the first two for nonsensical plots.

Worse than New Moon, a movie in which the height of the action is a chick who can't act pulling a sparkling vampire out of sunlight to avoid exposing himself? :psyduck:

Christ. I have the riff and I'm planning on experiencing this tomorrow. I honestly can't wait, which is sad to say because it's a Twilight movie and all, but the last two were made so hilarious by the riffs that I'm sure I'll enjoy laughing uncontrollably at this one too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Double Bill posted:

Not really, I can't imagine watching it without the riff and being even remotely entertained.

This. I watched it a little while ago and the riff made it entertaining, but I'd never watch it by itself. New Moon was worse, but make no mistake: Eclipse is a terrible movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watched Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny a few hours ago.

There really is no better explanation for it than :psyboom:

It also felt the closest to MST3k because it was so utterly loving bizarre, released a few decades ago and probably not made to appeal to wide audiences.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Having seen The Room over 10 times, a few of those being in theaters (in fact, I saw it in a theater earlier tonight), I can say that the RiffTrax, while amusing, is not at all comparable to seeing it in a theater with a bunch of other people who have seen the movie before.

Tonight wasn't the best time I've seen it in theaters, but it was still hilarious. The best time was the first time I saw it in theaters, which was over the Summer. The things people yelled out were absolutely hilarious and seemed to be perfectly timed, and it was one person yelling stuff out at a time instead of a whole theater full of people yelling out different things like tonight.

One of the best things about The Room is that no matter which way you watch it (by yourself, with RiffTrax, with a small group of friends, with a theater full of fans, etc.), it's always a laugh riot and just a great experience. Some ways are more fun than others, but it's never disappointing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watching the Inception riff now. It's mostly falling flat for me, but there are a few pretty good lines in here. I think they just need to be riffing a terrible movie to really be in true form, and a terrible movie Inception is not.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I read on Twitter last night that the Rifftrax for Birdemic is finally out. That's one I've been waiting for for a long time. Can't wait to see how they tear that piece of poo poo to shreds.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

weekly font posted:

I'm waiting for your reaction to this because if I remember correctly you're a Room lover too. I hated the Room trax because i didn't think it was necessary. Now, I think Birdemic is barely a quarter of the midnight cult movie that The Room is but I'm still not sure if a Rifftrax is necessary.

I am! But I'm with you. Didn't think a 'trax was necessary for The Room. Some parts of it were amusing, but the movie itself is so goddamned hilarious..what's there to riff on?

Birdemic is nigh-unbearable. I've seen it 3 times since it came out and each time was worse than the last. It has some "so bad it's funny" appeal, but nowhere close to what The Room has. It's more just an awful, awful movie and I'm interested to see what the riffers do with this one.

In the final scene of the movie, the birds stop attacking for no reason and they fly off into the sunset, which goes on for what seems like forever. Seriously, what's shown on screen is poorly animated birds flapping their wings for like 2 straight minutes, then the credits roll while the same thing goes on for another 5 or so straight minutes. I wish I was kidding.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah, nothing really happens in the entire movie. If you thought you may have missed something, you didn't.

Protagonist "catches the big fish" at work, hooks up with a girl he went to school with who is a model who gets her model shots taken at Walgreens, they have some environmentalist friends who are sorta whacky, birds start attacking for no reason, they fight the birds, later some old guy blames it on global warming, they escape the birds but then the birds find them and then the birds stop attacking and fly away for no reason.

FIN.

You may think I'm kidding, but I'm not exaggerating one bit when I say that that's exactly how James Nguyen, master of The Romantic Thriller TM, plays out his homage to Hitchcock's "The Birds".

edit: The subtitle is completely misleading. The only "Shock And Terror" about the whole movie applies to the viewer's reaction when they realize how shockingly and terrifyingly bad this movie is, and how there's nothing redeeming about it.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 24, 2011

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm nearing the end of the Birdemic riff and it's one of my favorites they've ever done outside of the Twilight series, the first Transformers and The Matrix Reloaded. I've been howling with laughter nearly the entire time it's been on.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SlowlyChoking posted:

I just finished Birdemic and I honestly can't tell if it's horrible on purpose. I'm so loving confused.

If you've seen The Room, you know the way that Tommy Wiseau could either be legitimately retarded for directing a movie like that or a genius who knowingly directed one of the great cult movies of all time and has been donning the character of Tommy Wiseau for years as an act?

It's more likely that Wiseau's actually the genius and James Nguyen is legitimately retarded.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

...wait, Birdemic was formally rated? I thought it was unrated.

Though it'd probably get a PG-13 (at worst) if it were formally rated, possibly a PG.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this? posted:

New riff next week, X-Men: The Last Stand.

That's honestly been my favorite of all the X-Men movies because it was just so hilariously terrible. I'm sure the riff for it will be amazing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I love the riff for the first one. Then again, that wasn't a terrible movie. So I tried watching the riff for Revenge of the Fallen. Jesus Christ, it was agonizing. The riff was pretty funny, while far from being my favorite. The movie is just so incredibly dull, though, and goes on for way too long. I turned the riff off halfway through and never finished watching it. I'm surprised I got through that drat movie in the theaters once, but I definitely couldn't a second time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Saeka posted:

So, in the last six months or so, I've only watched the Airbender and Twilight riff. Can someone recommend some gems to me?

Santa And The Ice Cream Bunny :gonk:

You'll regret it, but it's so worth it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Room riff sucks because there's no need for one. It's too loving funny on its own to warrant a riff.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I watched the Rifftrax Live DVDs for both Reefer Madness and House On Haunted Hill earlier and unfortunately didn't enjoy either of them that much :smith:

I saw the Plan 9 Rifftrax Live in theaters and absolutely loved it. Laughed at nearly every joke.

But with these two, they just felt a lot less entertaining than Plan 9. I'm not quite sure whether the movies themselves weren't entertaining or rather that the jokes weren't very funny or a combination of both. But I only laughed a few times across both of them.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watched Thor with the riff tonight. God, I didn't enjoy that movie much the first time, but I really didn't enjoy it at all the second time. And the riff wasn't that great either. A few of the jokes had me laughing pretty hard, but most of it seemed to fall flat :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

....there was MORE to that movie?! :psyboom:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Imapanda posted:

Would you goons say the Matrix riffs are worth getting?

I really enjoy the riffs that don't stray too into pop-culture jokes (Titanic is among my favorites), what others would you guys recommend?

Matrix Reloaded remains one of my favorites of all of them.

All the Twilights are hilarious, as is the first Transformers and a couple others that are really top-tier. Though I don't remember how much they stray into pop culture territory to be honest.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dissapointed Owl posted:

They've just released the Plan 9 From Outer Space LIVE show on Bluray.

Which is a shame, because the Christmas Shorts LIVE show was much better and would've been more appropriate for the time of year :colbert:

Got an e-mail about this earlier, and I'll definitely be purchasing this.

Haven't seen Christmas Shorts Live, but I saw Plan 9 Live in theaters and it was loving hilarious.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Even in R movies, I don't think they swear that much. I've definitely heard "bullshit" and I think maybe "bitch", but I don't know that I've ever heard them say "gently caress". Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've gotta say, I've been pretty excited to see Breaking Dawn: Part 1 ever since it came out. Not because I dig the story or anything. In fact, I've read all the books (to prove a point that they're all garbage) and Breaking Dawn is potentially the worst offender of them all. I just can't wait to see the new rear end in a top hat the Rifftrax crew tears it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rirse posted:

Good news, they announced the Rifftrax for the new Twilight movie coming out on the 22nd.

The day after Mardi Gras! That's gonna be a drat fun couple of days :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'M HARPO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GeneralZod posted:

Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 has just been released!

Aw gently caress, I almost forgot! Tonight's going to be fun :rock:

• Locked thread