Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Labratio
Apr 22, 2003

Super
Hero
In
Training
First things first: Corey Feldman rocks as Edgar Frog. They could go for a third sequel, and if Feldman was attached to play Edgar, I'd see it. This movie is "worth it" for Feldman's performance as Edgar alone. And, now, the rest of the story...

This felt like it was made with the idea that the now-grown-up fans of the original would want to see something similar, yet a little more "mature." And, by "mature," I mean full of boobies and blood. Where the vampires in the original spouted glitter when they were staked, these vampires bleed regular old blood, and LOTS of it. The rest of the "internal mythology" of the original film is held relatively intact, mostly through monologuing by Feldman; he delivers a few of the same speeches as he did in the original with the same semi-paranoid gusto as in the original performance, and follows them up with some pretty dead-on one-liners when he actually gets to fight a few vampires.

The rest of the performances were largely forgettable, although I do have to give them props for finding a few hot chicks to take their tops off for the camera. I'd recommend it, but only if you can get it from a $1 rental service like Redbox, or don't mind it on your Netflix cue.

Pros: Feldman, boobs, does a good job of sticking to the general principles of the first film
Cons: The rest of the cast, excessive gore, the main characters pseudo-incestuous relationship.

3/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU