Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you got a poo poo ton of not working pictures there bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Davincie posted:

you got a poo poo ton of not working pictures there bud

gently caress I'll fix them in a bit. They looked fine when I posted them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Generally these things look fine to you because you already have the pic 'loaded' but if it's not a site that allows imageleeching it'll block other people off. Best thing to do is to just upload them to imgur.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I still see them from a different computer but I have transferred them all to imgur, let me know if I missed one.

You should check the source blog, too; I didn't post all of the pictures, just the ones with bits I had comments on (like most of the minigames had nothing terribly new and I didn't get into Shigure or Melchior again).

Caphi fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 21, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It doesn't come with a parrot though?

cute girls make my heart throb more than parrots

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
So here's that thing about Rokurou:

quote:

You can't talk about Rokurou without talking about his family, Clan Rangetsu. They practice their own traditional Rangetsu sword style and are famous as wielders of special blades. The head of the house inherits a particular greatsword called Gouran, and right now, that head is Shigure, Rokurou's older brother. Wait, doesn't Rokurou keep a unique sword on his back? He never draws it, preferring to use a two-blade style with shortswords. Actually, that's not his own style, but an actual school of swordplay. See, Rangetsu style is officially about greatswords, but it has a secret style that uses two short blades. It looks like Rokurou is practicing the secret style so he can defeat his brother...

Footnote/reminder that Rose's first Mystic Arte is Rangetsu Style: Jade.

I'm just very glad we've returned to a standard of RPG plotting where every party member has their own backgrounds, subplots, and NPCs that aren't footnotes. You know, back up to Tales of Graces. (Please be good, Berseria.)

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Do people have more than one mystic arte in Berseria, or just one?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
With cats back in the picture I hope there's a Rollo cameo.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

wdarkk posted:

Do people have more than one mystic arte in Berseria, or just one?

I assume, again, that Zestiria (the basic one and the unlockable one that costs more BG) is the minimum bar. It adds to my hope (in the sense of wanting) that there'll be a Mastery Skill(s) for extra Blast (also Rise and Exceed).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Eddain posted:

With cats back in the picture I hope there's a Rollo cameo.

I hope he's called Lorro because they hand the cat translation to some interns again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

Footnote/reminder that Rose's first Mystic Arte is Rangetsu Style: Jade.
Seems unlikely Rose is a descendant, but she could have been taught by a member of his clan? This'd be one of those things that'd be more interesting if the character backstories in Zesty were more fleshed out.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Guys, I didn't mean it's a ship full of literal cats. It looks mechanically like the dispatch, where you get different options to get special loot over time.

...I want a ship full of cats, though.

Phantasium posted:

I hope he's called Lorro because they hand the cat translation to some interns again.

It will be clearly, actually Rollo but it'll say "Senor Fluffykins."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

Guys, I didn't mean it's a ship full of literal cats. It looks mechanically like the dispatch, where you get different options to get special loot over time.

...I want a ship full of cats, though.
I hope we get a cat crewmate. Like in Suikoden IV.

I hope no other part of this game is like Suikoden IV, though.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

Seems unlikely Rose is a descendant, but she could have been taught by a member of his clan? This'd be one of those things that'd be more interesting if the character backstories in Zesty were more fleshed out.

There are weird hints in Berseria that almost, but don't quite, match up to Zestiria and I don't get it. Like how Rose's base artes are like Rokurou's but aren't, and her Arcane artes are totally different, and now this. Or how people keep saying Eleanor and Magilou look like they could be related to Rose and Alisha. Or how about the fact that Artorius Collbrande's magic-rear end dragon-shooting sword doesn't actually look like the Sacred Sword of Ladylake, unless that trailer was totally off base. Or that whole Laphicet/Maoterasu thing. I'm starting a list of stuff I don't get about Eizen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think saying Magilou looks like Alisha is really reaching. Their hair colors don't even match.

Alisha's barely even blonde, she's more of a bright brown. Magilou's hair, meanwhile, is almost green.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I think it's the thing where they do weird stuff at the ends. Don't look at me, I'm just reporting.

It might have been Teresa and/or Oscar but that makes less sense considering their family is Rolancian nobles.

I really want to anticipate Berseria as its own game and part of me is, but every so often a tease like this comes to light and it bugs another part of my brain. Because you're right, it's not at all clear what anyone is supposed to take away from a supposed link between Rose and Rokurou since Rose barely has a backstory as it is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm honestly starting to wonder if their plan is to follow Berseria up with a PS4 remaster of Zestiria. You establish some links in Berseria, you use those to flesh out the characters in Zestiria by adding in sidequests relating to Berseria?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The existing PS4 Zestiria is already going back to Japan, I don't think that'd be a thing if they were planning to release PS4 Zestiria: We Finished The Game Edition.

From my perspective it's still not going to be the Zestiria they started making, and it's still going to be about how euthanasia is the cure for feelings.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I Like Zestiria or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Rose

I also like Endorph's new av.

Zesty inspired me to play Graces F and Xillia after having not having played a Tales since Vesperia. Granted, I like both Xillia and Graces F more than Zesty.

I'm pretty excited about Berseria, but we won't get it in English until 2017. I'm really hoping for parrot accessory stacking.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my new av is the idolmaster that really deserves to be a cameo costume

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

New trailer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you might get your eternia-style winter outfits after all, caphi

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

you might get your eternia-style winter outfits after all, caphi

Abyss was year 10, so it only took 11 years!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Berseria party has very powerful costume selection.

Also, the game looks pretty cool + fun.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I am very glad to see Calamity Flare is now a Spell Absorber arte instead of something you can spam to lock poo poo down.

Also

Eddain
May 6, 2007
You know what I kinda miss? The Wonder Chef. I liked finding weird, out of place items in towns and revealing the weirdo chef to learn new recipes. I don't like food being an inn thing these days.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Eddain posted:

You know what I kinda miss? The Wonder Chef. I liked finding weird, out of place items in towns and revealing the weirdo chef to learn new recipes. I don't like food being an inn thing these days.

i don't like skits being an inn thing

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

When the music kicked into gear when the wondering enemy showed up, that was nice, that was nice.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Eddain posted:

There's a chance they'll be in Berseria. The problem is that cooking as such hasn't been in at all since Graces (and there it was Dualizing). Berseria has straight up recipes again.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Can't believe Bamco are expecting people to preorder DLC by putting it up 2 months before the game's out. Who the gently caress do they think they're kidding?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Megalixir posted:

Can't believe Bamco are expecting people to preorder DLC by putting it up 2 months before the game's out. Who the gently caress do they think they're kidding?

That a lot of people are already sold on some of the costumes, and they're probably right.

This isn't all of it, either. They only put out Catalog "1" and they have yet to reveal legacy and tie-in costumes.

Speaking of costumes, in addition to the winter jacket we've got confirmed

no-coat Eizen and

Velvet's villager hair (presumably clothes, too).

e: motherfucker, the official blog has already assed up the mystic arte names and now I hope they're not official.

Magilou ("Angelic Ascent-kun") is "Ascending Angel." They're 80% of the way there! It's supposed to be weird and silly-sounding! She's Magilou!
Rokurou ("Zeroth Kata: Void") is "From Zero: Void." e': Actually sorry, I'm pretty sure this is just a typo for "Form Zero."

Caphi fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 23, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

I'm seriously about to declare that I'm maining Eleanor. She has a spear, she's a hybrid caster, and I think she specializes in wind spells. I know Switch Blast is in this game so I'll probably play everyone, or at least all the fighters - I like them all on paper - but... I think everything about Eleanor is just my style.

Obviously I'll also keep Magilou in the party at all times for the same reason I kept, say, Pascal.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
With being able to switch characters around during fights, it doesn't really seem like there's a point to keeping any particular one in the party at all times.

I'll be using Eizen cause he looks cool as hell.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Caphi posted:

That a lot of people are already sold on some of the costumes, and they're probably right.

Citation needed, or are you just assuming? Are there actually people linking up to preorder the DLC? It was not too long ago people would say "why not just put it in the full game instead of making it separate content and disguising it as DLC".

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Megalixir posted:

Citation needed, or are you just assuming? Are there actually people linking up to preorder the DLC? It was not too long ago people would say "why not just put it in the full game instead of making it separate content and disguising it as DLC".

Huh? No, I've just seen a bunch of positive chatter about the costumes, and yes, a bit of negative chatter and some of the usual grumbling about DLC. I can't translate that to preorder numbers but what exactly is your point here?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Megalixir posted:

I haven't heard that level of rumblings about DLC since like 2009

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Oh

I get it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Magilou looks like a cool character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU