Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I played Tales of Symphonia a while ago and greatly enjoyed it. I recently bought Vesperia off of a co-worker for $20 since he was planning to trade it into gamestop. I wanted to play through Abyss first and I found it and have played for it several hours. Luke being a whiny douche doesn't bother me too much since the game acknowledges it, "Looks like Luke's done whining, let's move on", which suggests he'll change and it wasn't just the devs unknowingly making an irritating character.

I've been playing on hard and just fought the 3 boss fight at the top of the castle and it ended up 1v1 with Luke vs. the little girl and was pretty epic. I think the NPC told me there was something else to find in the castle but with Luke at 1hp and all my party dead, I had to choose "take the caravan".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Someone want to explain this to me?

Early on in Tales of the Abyss

fighting the robot on the boat

Melee attacks do like 2 - 10 dmg and he has 3k HP. Only thing that really hurts him is Jade so I eventually just run out of mana / items and can't do any damage to him at all.

EDIT: Nevermind, I discovered I could let Anise die, keep Tear on guard and manually make her heal me if I needed it, and let Jade use all his magic then do whatever while I attacked him with Luke since he is so easy to dodge, but when I realized how stupid long this was actually going to take, I quit and put it on normal and fought him. He has 1k less HP (reasonable) but instead of doing like 10 damage, Luke does 70-80 (what the gently caress). So he was a joke. No middleground, eh?

ultrachrist fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 18, 2008

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I dunno, I didn't really get un-stuck. I just sort of said "gently caress it" and moved on. I think maybe I'll try and keep it on hard most of the time and just swap it to normal any time it gets stupid. Arietta was hard and took me several tries but was still fun.