Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Purchased the Special Edition. I think I'm just a sucker for figures. If it weren't for that (And the fact that the figure itself goes for $50 used) I would've just bought the standard edition. Saving money and getting another Tales game in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Phantasium posted:

Also supposedly a gimped soundtrack.

I'm hoping that they're going to update the collector's edition at some point, because not being able to get everything is dumb.

Oh, what?

I kind of wanted the collectors edition, mainly for the figure, but I kind of want a full soundtrack and DLC too.

Conflicted, though the normal release is cheaper and I could always get the figure via other methods.

Edit: Apparently the Collectors Edition in Europe has the full soundtrack and DLC According to the announcement? Why would Namdai gimp the US release?
Edit 2: Looking at the promotional images, the CD looks identical in both the Collectors and Limited edition. Though the text on the cover looks different even if it is barely noticeable.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 31, 2013

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Skychrono posted:

The cds have different names, the art book isn't a book, just a character profile pamphlet, and no figure.

Either way there's no chance in hell its the complete soundtrack in either, the complete soundtrack is 3 discs long and these both only look to be 1 CD.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Phantasium posted:

Apparently there was an email sent out that clarifies that the music cd in both special versions of Xillia is the same, as well as the DLC being included with both versions. The art book is still exclusive to the collector's edition, and the "character profile booklet" is exclusive to the limited edition. I'm guessing the latter is a gimped version of the former?

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/index.php?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1102

Great to hear, CE pre-orders have long been sold out and I didn't want to switch my Preorder unless I knew for sure the CE wasn't going to have the same CD/DLC as the LE.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Playing ToGf now. Is Asbel supposed to be such an unrepentant poo poo?

As a kid? Yes. Don't get too used to it though, once you get to the Adult part of the game he loses any personality for FRIENDSHIP stuff.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

wdarkk posted:

There are two that matter. One you get when you return from the knight academy to lhant and goes away when you get kicked out (the flowers request) and the other that starts with Frederic that CAPSLOCK is talking about.

I swear I remember doing the Flowers Request after returning to Lhant, maybe I'm mistaken, but I do recall Bailey being more of a dick about it when I did it the first time.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ruta posted:

This really makes me want to play ToX2 again. There aren't really any spoilers here. Just a lot of playing around with costumes and win poses. The nice thing about this video, too, is I don't think it uses any DLC costumes or attachments. All these are available in-game. The mecha Sophie attachment, and the Yuri, Jude and Milla dolls are all ones you get for having saves from ToGF, ToV and ToX on your PS3 when you start the game.

They'll give us those Vesperia bonuses through DLC won't they?

Right? I mean, its not like we'll be able to obtain them normally. Unless they count Japanese ToV saves.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Volt Catfish posted:

Doesn't the sequel has a really stupid thing where you can't switch party members out of the field?

Why.

Like wait... do you mean you can't switch the current team around while on the field or do you mean that you can't change the Character displayed on the field?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Can't change the current team unless you're in town.

Oh, yeah I can see how that would be annoying.

I usually keep my team pretty consistent so it wouldn't bug me so much.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Okay, so the website for Xillia 1 is confusing the hell out of me.

quote:

Two Heroes – Choose one of two distinct heroes: Jude Mathis, a medical student or Milla Maxwell, a mysterious woman accompanied by the Four Great Spirits, and experience the story from their unique point of view

What the hell does this mean? Its almost as if its saying "You can play as one of these characters but not the other" even though that's clearly not true seeing as this is a Tales game.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Volt Catfish posted:

Also apparently choosing Milla for your first playthrough will only make you confused so good job Namco?

What? That's not right.

Guess I'll put up with Jude for a first run but I'll stick to playing as Milla since I'm better with Sword characters than I am with brawler characters (Except in ToG, Sophie's usually my character of choice there.)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Eddain posted:

I always thought Symphonia/Symphonia 2 was annoying with the poo poo ton of teleporter dungeons until I played Graces F. That game's dungeon design was just cruel.

Cruelly dull, you mean.

Only Future Arc was annoying and that only had four new dungeons to its name, with retreads of two of them (Though said retreads had new enemies and the latter one had a whole extra area tacked onto the end for the purpose of items).

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Momomo posted:

I wouldn't say so. With things like Wallbridge and everything on Fodra, the main arc's dungeons were horrible too. I loved the fighting way too much, and the characters were good (when they had nothing to do with the plot) but the dungeons were poo poo.

Ugh, I recently went back to replay ToGf and forgot that I was in the middle of Lambda's Cocoon, and while the fighting is still fun as hell (though I have 10x Damage on and dumped a ton of money on DLC because I prefer being overpowered I guess.) I can't bring myself to finishing that drat dungeon again just so I can get the rest of the titles.

Not like I'll ever have all the titles anyway because those bastards cut out the Idolmaster costumes and such. Did they ever give a valid reason as to why they cut out the costumes for properties they own?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

wdarkk posted:

Because gently caress gaijin :downsowned:

Actually my guess is that they sold the US or EU rights to Idolmaster to some other company and would have to buy it back or something.

Maybe the EU rights but Namdai has Idolmaster crap in their PS Home stuff from what I hear and they've apparently released an iOS app or two in the US as well, they just don't like to release the actual games in the US is all.

And I actually didn't care so much about those, I mainly wanted the Geass costumes and Haseo, with those they had NO excuse, not even in Europe. Miku and Toro were the only ones they said they had copyright difficulties with so I wasn't really expecting those but I was expecting the stuff they said was Okay.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

There's only two reasons I can think of:
1. They couldn't license the battle music for them (the rights are probably held by the composers)
2. They didn't think to record the victory skit lines and didn't want to bring them over without those

The first one makes sense for the ones that had battle music but the last one sounds like laziness more than anything else.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Considering there seems to be licensing issues with them in JAPAN, I doubt it. They were only on PSN for six months or something before being pulled.

That was rights issues? I thought it was just a "Limited Time" deal.

But yeah, there's no way in hell we'll get the Madoka costumes.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Chickenfrogman posted:

Emeraude is an absolutely miserable experience if you're playing a melee character and it's even worse on higher difficulties where the aura can petrify you. I have no idea how anyone could find that fight fun.

Its fun with the 10X damage multiplier since you'll kill them in a matter of seconds.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

So I'm pretty sure Gamestop isn't going to fix my order on ToX Collector's Edition, they said my card was declined since it expired but their system isn't letting me put in my new card so I'm pretty sure something's broken over there. :(

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Forest Thief Pud posted:

If you're using the Gamestop website, you'll have to physically call them in order to change your payment info, if you haven't tried that already. No clue what you'd need to do if you pre-ordered it from a physical store location.

For gently caress's sake, why? They gave me an option to email them with the new expiration date but so far nothing has come out of that.

gently caress it, when I get the chance I'm calling and complaining, not just because of this but also because they haven't removed the Preorder for Pokemon X that I cancelled (It was something I ordered online for in-store pickup, I cancelled it in-store but its still there.)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ToX should be arriving tomorrow for me.

I'm not sure how much time I'll have with it though since I have to work a lot in the coming days.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

So out of the Costume DLC available for ToX now which of it is stuff that is just an unlock for things already available in game?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

On the double plus side they're only like $3 each instead of $5 like the Graces f costumes were. Weren't they really expensive in the Japanese version?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Going to the PSN Store through Xillia to get costumes makes me miss the old layout more.

Also, are they done with the DLC for Xillia? I thought we'd at least get the Star Driver stuff since it wasn't removed from the game this time around like the stuff they didn't release for Graces (At least, this is what I've been told). I mean its not like there's any legal reasons they can't put those out here. But its making me feel weary for the ToX2 costumes that aren't directly Tales related. :(

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Star Driver was removed from the game partly. The win quotes and music for all of the other released DLC was on the disc, but the Star Driver data was not.

Ugh. I kind of get why because it wasn't really popular or anything (And its OOP in the US.), but at the same time its kind of lovely that we aren't getting the exact same thing Japan is getting but with English Dialog and text. Does Namco Bandai ever give reasons as to why the Copyrighted stuff (not to mention the stuff they own) gets cut out?

Of course this will mean the Geass and Madoka DLC will be absent in ToX2, same "reason", no doubt.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Star Driver is licensed in the US and they would have to get the license to use it. Aniplex has the rights I believe.

Ah, right. Star Driver was owned by Bandai in the US but I guess since they sort of evaporated the licenses all had to go elsewhere.

And naturally now if they wanted to get the stuff for ToX2 they would need to get both Funimation and Aniplex to agree to allow the use of things they have the licenses for over here. Naturally Namco doesn't want to put forth effort for such minor DLC, but its still kind of a downer.

Though when Graces f came out there was no valid excuse for the stuff they cut save for Miku and maybe Toro.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 10, 2013

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Forest Thief Pud posted:

Well, last I checked, the Madoka DLC got taken off the Japan store. I think that says a lot about it's inclusion for the American release.

A friend of mine who bought ToX2 (and bought the Madoka DLC when it arrived) mentioned that it was limited time DLC so it was always planned to be taken off. Of course he could've been wrong and it got taken down for copyright issues but we'll never know.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I'm hesitant, but knowing how I dropped the hundred for Xillia just for the Milla figure I'll probably grab this. Besides, It says multi-disc soundtrack so it might actually be more than just a selection of songs. And three decent figures outweighs the amount of figures that are emil.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

wdarkk posted:

The Tenebrae figure is attached to the Marta figure it looks like.

Nope. But you've still got a Colette figure.

Eh, she never bugged me when I played Symphonia before.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

AlmightyBob posted:

It's too bad that's only available through Namco-Bandai's store. If you remember what happened with Ni No Kuni you'll know why I think that's a bad thing. Also when you preorder from them IIRC they charge you immediately, instead of when it ships.

They're not going to be out at Gamestop's website? Xillia's CE was and that was a limited number release too.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Phantasium posted:

ToS Collection Collector's Edition is up on Amazon.

http://amzn.to/19PFRUp

Also on GameStop if you feel like it.

http://bit.ly/GPWUZR

Cool, now I can get the free shipping.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Its really jarring playing Xillia's skits, I find it so strange that they keep hopping from the boxes with faces to Full portraits like they do. If it was a once in a while thing I wouldn't notice that much but it happens so loving often.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

wdarkk posted:

Isn't it what Abyss did? It's been a while since I played Abyss but I remember they had full body portraits now and then.

I've only had a short experience with Abyss, so I couldn't tell you. I'll have to get back to Abyss one of these days but for now I've got other 3DS games on my plate. I know Symphonia 1 didn't do that or anything.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Ugh, even though I'm playing on Normal that loving Bladehorn Boar's Bastard Cousin in Xillia still almost completely eliminated me.

It was basically a stroke of luck that I managed to survive (And some careful switching in Jude and Alvin when Rowan and Milla got trapped in a corner.)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Skychrono posted:

Before I waste time - is there any extra storyline in the Magnus Zero/23 gems areas?

23 Gems is literally just a small sidequest with a single bossfight, no new area or anything. Nothing about it has anything to do with anything else in the game.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ShadowFox1001 posted:

The thing that irritated me the most about Xillia was how little you get to know or spend time on Elympios. In previous Tales games with two worlds, you generally could get a feel for both worlds and what's happening to them and you learn to care for it (I suppose). But the way Xillia handled Elympios kinda irritated me. You spend so little time on it that you canny even care for it. I kind of felt cheated by that and I felt like the game progression was very odd and not done well. The more I think about the game, the less I like it. I wonder if Xillia 2 expounds upon the end of 1 or if it just ignores all of it and has it's own plot line.

Honestly I feel this is more because the game got rushed than anything else. Looking at the map for Elympios it feels like there was supposed to be a little more at least, like two or three cities and another dungeon but instead you get Trigleph, Helioborg Fortress, the Tatalian Abyss and two highroads and that's it, you're at the end. I believe Xillia 2 does flesh out Elympios a bit more as all the main characters seem to have migrated there going by what I've seen.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Well at least they know where their fanbase lies. It sort of sucks in terms of them not reaching out for a wider audience with a multiplatform release but I think Japan's heavy disdain of Microsoft's platforms sullies any possibility of that happening.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Rock Epidemic posted:

Completely agreed. Even better, make it a Chronicles style release with Vesperia itself and put the final nail in my 360 RPG collection.

Hah, like they'd give themselves a reason to give the US PS3 Vesperia.

Not that it wouldn't be welcome.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ruta posted:

It's okay, I'm sure there will be an L Elf DLC costume for the main guy shortly after release. Same voice actor and it's the current Bamco mech anime. Can't fail.

Blitzendegen!

And naturally that DLC won't make it overseas because of rights issues and whatnot.

I'm sure they'll put other DLC up though.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Volt Catfish posted:

To be honest I think Vesperia's soundtrack is fine. I'm not sure what happened to Graces' to make most of it so bland and forgettable, but it still had a few songs in it that were quality.

I'm blanking on all of Xillia's music at the moment...

Xillia's got a lot of forgettable stuff too.

Some good fight music though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Hopefully you have like some decent running speed or quickly accessible fast travel or something because open world can kind of drag if you do a lot of constant slow running.