Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stow
Feb 14, 2004
I'm thinking you started mashing X/O during your 'I've got to finish this' phase and skipped every aspect of character development in the last half that makes Tales of the Abyss great. Even the villains of Abyss had more meaningful development than the main cast in SO3.

It's fine to hate it, but if you put 60-100 hours into it and really did finish both it and SO3 and still think this you're probably retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stow
Feb 14, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

I haven't seen Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP) mentioned here - can anyone recommend for or against it?

It barely has any plot going for it and there's a lot of grinding involved, but being able to make all-star teams of your favorite characters throughout the series (well, some of them) is fun for a while. The game revolves around missions, fetch this, find this, mine this, etc. Pretty unrewarding, but your best option for Tales on the go.

Stow
Feb 14, 2004

BurningCourage posted:

New trailers for Tales of Hearts and RM2 from TGS.

Click here for the full 500x1688 image.

A pic of all the cutins from RM2 so far that someone inexplicably managed to grab.

For a really long time I thought that the compilation games could never put in the more unique characters like Annie. I hope they don't screw it up or make her worthless in the process, she was really rewarding to play coop with in Rebirth. I have no idea how they'll eventually work Judith in after seeing what she's capable of in Vesperia.

They better be hiding Jade in there somewhere.

Stow
Feb 14, 2004
About another 20 hours in, he's at a search point if I remember right.

BurningCourage posted:

That Jade motherfucker gets everywhere.

Click here for the full 1242x1842 image.

He's in Tales of Hearts too, along with Judas and Lloyd.

Click here for the full 1039x1522 image.

Wait, what the gently caress? I thought Hearts was going to be a full standalone game in the series. A bunch of playable cameos make me think otherwise.

Stow fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Nov 8, 2008

Stow
Feb 14, 2004

BurningCourage posted:

And nope, they still can't abandon Majinken/Demon Fang.

I was pretty sure that if they'd do it, Legendia was the game to do it in. It'll stay in forever.

Stow
Feb 14, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

The way they made Jade the same level as everyone else, by someone casting a spell on him that took away almost all of his power, was a bit of genius. Other RPG developers take note! Unless you do something like this, it doesn't make any sense for one of the supposedly most powerful people in the world start at level 5 like everyone else.

The best part was the skits at 30-40-50 of everyone commenting on him being closer to his old power again.

Stow
Feb 14, 2004
Have they said anything about the PS3 Vesperia being localized anywhere yet? I was figuring since Star Ocean International got a date and the sales of the PS3 version were through the roof, they'd at least consider it.

Then again, bandai namco america hates tales fans...

Stow
Feb 14, 2004
Certainly didn't expect this. An early christmas gift!

Stow
Feb 14, 2004
I've clicked this thread a million times over waiting for a localization announcement, and finally there is hope. A faint glimmer so far, but hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stow
Feb 14, 2004
It's incredibly generic. You get maybe 5 skits with each cameo character and otherwise you better love fighting in it (it's pretty weak)