Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Kauka posted:

... but I've tried maybe 2-3 of the games on different systems.

Which three did you play? That could make ALL the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

BARRY CHUCKLE posted:

Just so you know Phantasia doesn't count, the battle system is antiquated compared to the modern Symphonia/Abyss/Vesperia system or any of the others and the game isn't really enjoyable anymore.

Phantasia is fine so long as you're not playing the godawful GBA port.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Armitage posted:

What was wrong with the GBA port?

Besides what has been mentioned, I was bothered a lot by the stuff they had to sacrifice to get the game to work on the GBA. The music is horrible and the poo poo they did with the colors looks like complete poo poo on anything except the original GBA.

Now granted, that last thing isn't necessarily Namco's fault since they had to work with what was in existence at the time, but it still irritates the poo poo out of me.