Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cathal
Apr 11, 2008

Ok so i tried to google this, but all i found was someone else asking the same question I'm asking.

For the last 3-6 weeks I guess, I've been experienceing a strange buttery aftertaste to everything I eat or drink, it's not just an aftertaste either since everything just tastes like werther's originals.
From cider to pizza, everything I eat or drink, butter. Don't get me wrong im not complaining it's kinda nice to be honest, but it's starting to freak me out just a tad. hopefully one of you have heard of something like this.

Somebody save me from the butteryness!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percy Teatwillow
Jan 9, 2006

hi. my name is steven. I'm available for birthdays. here's my card...call me..

Do you brush your teeth

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sympt...toms/causes.htm

Check that list. And if it doesn't go away soon I would suggest talking to your primary care physician.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

I didn't ask for this Coyote myth.

The only buttery aftertaste I can think of, is when you're about to puke. The pre-puke bile tastes quite buttery.

Possibly you should see a doctor? I can't think of any reason to not be concerned about such a strange symptom, but if it's bile it could be a sign of something kinda serious, I'd imagine.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

You didn't happen to eat an experimental candy you weren't supposed to while visiting the Wonka factory, did you?

Cathal
Apr 11, 2008

Thanks for the responses. I had a look at the link above and did'nt see anything similar to what I'm experienceing.

Think I'm just going to pay a visit to my doctor if it does'nt dissappear soon.

FloydianOne
May 13, 2006

You dont have seizures do you?

Dads
Dec 14, 2007

It's because you've been gifted by God himself.

J Delicious
Jun 4, 2005

by Fistgrrl

You got Popcorn Lung son, have any shortness of breath or wheezing lately?

Crash BandiCute
Nov 7, 2004

Dona Nobis Pacem

Do you have a dishwasher? It might be doing something to cause plates/cutlery/etc to taste strange and not the food.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

Any other symptoms? Migraines, dizziness, etc.?
(I've been watching too much mystery diagnosis on TLC.)

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I'm gonna go with the "see a doctor" people on this one. The parts of the brain that focus on taste and smell are fairly centrally located, kind of on the bottom of the brain, where the real core stuff is dealt with. As mentioned, a seizure or small seizures could account for that (frequently manifesting as a coppery or metallic taste). Brain tumors also can cause a strange taste to persist when located toward the base of the brain or anywhere along the Corpus callosum.

Don't freak out over it or anything, it could easily be residue on your dishware as mentioned, or a neighbor with a popcorn fetish. But anything that's a long lasting, clearly 'imagined' sensory perception can mean that your brain is acting weird. At a certain point, that's just bad.

Roger RamJet
Jan 28, 2003

WHO FUCKING CARES

You're not putting a whole bunch of butter on everything, are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetlam
Mar 29, 2007

Steve Perry, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.

How much do you weigh, fatty?

This should be moved to gbs