Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Mother Errant Ode Amadi Wedraogo

"It would certainly distract the first respondents, you can't argue that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Sariel

"I would prefer not to be on the fireship as part of the counterboarding team," comes the voice of Sariel with slight concern, "for that seems to defeat the purpose of a counterboarding. But I admit that my tactics are usually those of stealth and deception, rather than a brazen attack, so I will defer to the experts there."

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Landra

"Well, brazen attack is absolutely what I do," Landra comments drily, "but I like to think I lack quite as much hubris as some of my kindred. I will be delighted if we can seize one of their pursuit craft, but if the Mother Errant could clarify exactly what she believes we can do with the other?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

"Okay, so I get that burning down the ships sounds risky." The Mother Errant begins at Landra's prodding. "But just think about it! If we want to disguise our intentions to steal information and obscure which ship we're actually going to steal, what is better than drenching everything in flames and throwing the gith on both ships into a huge panic?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Vihn

"Are you suggesting that the intelligence gathering team work within the comfortable confines of a burning hulk?" Vihn asks, incredulous. "As I am surely to be press-ganged into operating psionically keyed equipment, I take issue with that. In case you need a biology refresher, raccoon dogs are not fire retardant. Why not simply take what information we need from the perfectly intact ship and leave the other to be distracted with damage control?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

"I'm just saying they will definitely know something is up if we only try to attack one of the ships and not both equally."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apis

"Hrrm, the plan is getting far too complicated at this point. And when that happens, it's quite easy for it to go awry."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Realising when she was in over her head, the Mother Errant bows. "Pardon. I shall leave the battle planning to those who are more fully equiped!" She excuses her own words, allowing herself to leave and attend to her pre-assault tasks of a more religious bent before further derailing combat matters with her mouth.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Landra

"Take heart," she offers to the retreating Mother-Errant as she turns to her own final preparations. "Once we succeed today, we'll have a much better foothold to take those leaps of faith from. Or at least a spare one."

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
With Ode having taken her leave, settling on their final tactical approach falls to Landra and Vihn. “My lady, my lord?” Captain Naïlo says, looking at them expectantly. “How shall we proceed? Do we attempt to evade contact, or do we take the fight to the foe?”

Half-arsed though it might seem (and arguably is!), recent developments have encouraged me to try to not let this game die entirely ignobly. I know Robodog’s still around, but are Atlatl and Dallan? I/we will soon know, I guess!

Anyway, the system switch probably made the previous discussions more or less moot as the PCs have entirely different/greater capabilities now. In light of that it is perhaps easier to make a decision! I don’t need a super detailed plan, just something to get us started and taking action.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Vihn

"I shall readily admit that despite my wishes to evade, rogue action by our own party is most likely." Vihn states flatly. His gaze slowly drifts towards the exit that the Mother Errant had just taken. "In light of this, we will be taking the fight to the enemy. Whether or not we are all on fire during such action is yet to be seen."

He bows to Landra. "I shall endeavor to gather as much intelligence as possible. If you'll excuse me."

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
How does Vihn go on about gathering said intelligence?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Leaving attack plans to the others, like anybody has any idea what to even do! This is a mess! “How is a rescue mission to work when we cannot even enter this place without being seen!” The Mother Errant quite loudly complains as she stomps on deck, her various bangles jangling discordantly. “And there are no gods left to ask favour from. The Raven Queen isn’t even around to kill us if this all goes wrong.” She mutters into her hands, rubbing her forehead for moment.

She turns around, facing the busy crew on deck. “Nevertheless, faith remains!” Ode loudly announces, whether anybody cared to be ministered to or not. “We always hold faith within us. Gods are not liege lords. They do not lose our allegiance as soon as they are out of earshot. We see their will done, and they see us well. Even when neither can tell the other is doing their part.”

“Now I doubt many of you follow the long winding path of Avandra. But be you Sehanite, Corellonite, Meloran, or a burning bright devotee of Pelor; we can all pray before battle is met. And we can all sign a compact, with our hearts providing the ink and our souls as vellum, that we shall see our gods and goddesses freed and that the faithless gith imprisoning them will burn before our righteousness!”

I'm still here as always!

Racoons are great at digging through trash that's how Vihn gets all his info.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Landra

She matches Vihn's bow almost reflexively. "Of course. Best for me leave the reconnaisance to those best suited. I can go belowdecks to engineering and help arrange our little deception and prepare our crew for our guests."

Sorry, guys, I mostly just didn't see much of a change in Landra's capacity to assist from the system shift (and much of a reason to deviate from the plan we had more or less settled on?) but I wanted to make sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Vihn

Vihn clears his throat. "Forgive me for being unclear; I shall do my intelligence gathering while everything is burning. I will find a suitable place to hide in the mean time."

yeah i was just gonna steal all their social security numbers out of the trash. not changing the plan, I think I was just unclear. I don't have anything known to steal and I can't see any combatants yet so I can't do any intel god power things until the chaos starts