Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apis

The last one to follow the group is a hulking mass of a man, whose imposing physical stature is matched only by the great glistening horns atop his bald head and the flowing white beard that he keeps carefully braided. Several scars and wounds cover his body, and he seems to be carrying a small barrel of dwarven ale in one hand, taking a few gulps from it as he approaches the airship. "Seems like this is a large party, ga ha ha ha!" The horned man bellows before throwing the empty barrel behind him, sending it flying into the distance. "I am Apis, and I can say I'm the best at my line of work. So you guys can rest safe as long as I'm getting my pay."

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apis

"My apologies, Your Majesty. This might not be enough for someone of such royal stature, but yes, there is something else I brought." Apis says, a grin on his face as he pulls a smaller keg from his travel pack. "Lethean Mushroom Ale from the Underdark, a gift from a friend of mine who owed me some favors on his business with the Duergar. It packs too strong a punch for even me to take more than a few sips at a time."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apis

Apis grins as he pours a small quantity of ale on Vihn's plate and on a couple of smaller cups that he brought with himself. "Suit yourselves if you don't want, but a voyage to the Far Realm is likely to demand some liquid courage! And you think that the airship is too small for the Goddess? I think shrinking themselves is probably among the powers that these people have, ha ha!" He takes a quick sip, jerks his head behind instinctively after the liquor's impact hits and then puts back his equipment. "In any case, the voyage awaits!"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apis

"Pah! Name the ship Githfucker and get done with it. I mean, it might be what it'll be doing most of the time."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apis

"Biggest lodging you have. As you can see, places where I go can get a bit cramped." Apis says while he checks on the captain with a few glances. "Need some space to exercise and some space to party as well."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apis

"A Goddess is likely to be something that's not hard to find anyway. I am sure that if we just cruise through the far plane we will get the scent of divinity to follow." Apis says with a shrug.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apis

"The captain is right, we might get spotted by pirates or whatever beasties that might make their lodgings here if we wander around with not destination in sight. That being said, we might need to start planning our own boarding plans. Perhaps we have any catapults or cannons here that could launch us towards the enemy ship? If we get on close enough range, being launched to crash on them and fight would indeed be something they would never expect coming."

Veteran Mercenary roll: 1d20+16 17 This was supposed to be an actual roll for tactics but it seems Apis had the a different kind of insight!

Also Really Pants, it does add your attribute mod and half level on the roll.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apis

"Hah, a modified catapult would work the same and be easier than a cannon. But in any case, whatever plan you have, just call me up whenever it's time to board the Yanki's ship." The minotaur says while giving a dismissive shrug. "Crushing bastards is what I'm being paid for after all, and I want to make sure the Queen gets her pay's worth."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apis

"Can't we just find a way to trap or ambush them once they come for the ship? I support the idea of entering battle against the Githyanki armada, but against enemies that have the home turf and number advantage one's better stacking whatever trump card they have to deal with them. Not to mention that THEY might have set an ambush of their own to encircle us if we try to flee." The mercenary stops for a while and starts contemplating his options. "Perhaps a frontal assault at whatever flagship they have... They won't see that coming, that's for sure."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apis

"Hrrm, the plan is getting far too complicated at this point. And when that happens, it's quite easy for it to go awry."