Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Sariel

From the shadows in a corner of the airfield, a figure emerges. They are tall, though their posture is unassuming, and their face is unremarkable, much as their robe, while of clearly quality craftsmanship, is plain and covers most of their body. Approaching the Summer Queen, the figure bows smoothly, then proceeds to talk, though their voice is barely a whisper. After Tiandra gives them a short reply, and a gesture to the party, the figure approaches with a few steps.

"Hail, heroes. My Queen bids me to join your quest, to assist you in any manner of covert operation you might need to attempt in your rescue of Lady Luck. Know that I am called by many names, but you may address me as Duke, or Sariel, or a combination thereof, if it please you. My powers are at your disposal." Sariel's voice is soft, but clear enough to be heard by all. Despite their relaxed posture, their eyes are intently trained on each of those present, studying them like a tiger might another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Sariel

"I, for one, must decline such a generous offer," Sariel interjects softly, "but I thank you for it all the same, master Apis." They turn to Marianna, studying her for a moment. "Well said, your Majesty," they begin, though their is an odd tone to the title, "I, for one, have faith that my Queen has chosen rightly in those currently assembled, and your skills. Let us therefore be onward quickly; while merriment is a good morale-booster, I am with the Mother that we must make haste, even if we cannot reach Lady Luck immediately. Those of you that wish to partake can do so as we travel."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Sariel

The Duke stands vaguely aghast at the conversation and resolution thereof, the first show of emotion any of the party would have seen from the eladrin. "...it seems my skills were sorely needed, after all," they murmur, shaking their head as they go aboard.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Sariel

Other than asking for a room with either no windows or very dark curtains, Sariel gracefully accepts whatever lodgings the mortal queen prepares for them. "You are most considerate, your Highness." The conversation regarding the plane-shifting nature of the ship passes them by in silence. "I, too, shall excuse myself from such technical endeavors. Have you need for me for anything, please knock first." With a small bow, they make to head for their room, barring anybody stopping them.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Sariel

"If I may interject with a suggestion..." Sariel muses, stepping forward before the plan of entering through cannons is seriously entertained, "if we can approach with whichever vessel we choose to command with some degree of cover, I should be able to create a passage to the ship we mean to board." A wisp of shadow curls around their hand as they explain. "It takes a few minutes, but I can create a bridge between two surfaces by solidifying and shaping the shadows to my whim." To demonstrate, the shadow on their hand transforms into a small sphere, then a cube, then a pyramid, before dissipating. "It should give us a less explosive way to board the ship, for those of us attached to our limbs."

Speaking of rituals, how does the skill system affect rituals that depend on how high you roll? Obviously with the new system I can't roll 40+ on Shadow Bridge, so how would I go about reaching the highest length/width bridge?

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Sariel

Sariel shakes their head. "I'm afraid my powers only conceal persons, not entire ships," they muse, "but if they know we are here already, and therefore presumably have means to track us, I do not think there is anywhere for us to go, unless we disembark from the Astral Sea entirely." With a pensive stare, they gaze out over the Astral Sea. "That said, if they don't open fire immediately, I can give us some advantage in our engagement of the pursuers by means of misdirection. Our enemy knows we are here, but they do not know how many of us there are." Though their expression is as stoic as ever, their eyes flicker about the horizon with vague worry, looking for any sign of the enemy. They didn't like the fact that their presence was already blown at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Sariel

"I would prefer not to be on the fireship as part of the counterboarding team," comes the voice of Sariel with slight concern, "for that seems to defeat the purpose of a counterboarding. But I admit that my tactics are usually those of stealth and deception, rather than a brazen attack, so I will defer to the experts there."