Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

sex offendin Link posted:

A channel has disappeared off my Tivo and I'm sure it's one I'm supposed to be getting. Is there anything I can do from this end to diagnose it or should I just go ahead and call the cable company?

Tivo didn't give you a message about the channel lineup changing? (I seem to get at least one such message a week - hooray Comcast?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

My TivoHD started showing most channels as a blank screen the other day (local channels seem fine, maybe others?) . A reboot seems to fix it, but it just happens again by the next day (4 days now). All the program information is there, and the guide, but the screen is just blank.

It seems like an issue with the Tivo hardware, but I don't really have any idea what to do about it. A quick search on the Tivo forums didn't turn up much. I see a similar issue people have with missing *analog* channels, but those are not the ones I'm missing.

edit: also, removing and reinserting the cable card fixes it.

Kilson fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 30, 2010

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

wolrah posted:

Is there any way to tell the Tivo that I hate letterboxed SD? It keeps recording the SD versions of "TiVo Suggestions" programs where I receive the HD channel. I have plenty of disk space (1.5TB swap), record the HD version dammit!

So many interesting programs recorded off of Science Channel, History, etc. that I don't like watching because SD looks like crap on a big LCD. Even worse when it's letterboxed so I lose even more resolution.

Edit the channel list and remove all the SD ones where you have an HD equivalent.

• Locked thread