Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I have a couple of questions about a Roamio Plus and Tivo mini combo (I notice you can do the 'whole house' thing for $15/mo total currently).

I'm thinking of having a Roamio Plus in the living room, connected to both cable and wired Ethernet. The minis would be in other rooms with only a cable connection.

1) That's all I'd need, right? No Moca adapter boxes or anything?

2) With a setup like that, could you run an app like Netflix or Amazon Video in two or more rooms simultaneously? As in, watch one movie on Netflix in one room, and another movie on Netflix in another?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Thanks, I was wondering if the Mini actually was running a local app or "streaming" the app from the Roamio.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Ultimate Mango posted:

Does this mean we can stream all of our content from a computer to our TiVos when this comes out?
Yep, as long as your computer is running the Plex server.

You can do this now for video with something like PyTivo, too. But without the swank Plex interface.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
So, uh, did they do away with the $150/yr plan for Roamios? Mine runs out next month, and it no longer seems to be an option.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Rick posted:

I'm not great at math but my estimate is that if you are willing/able to keep your Tivo for more than 4 years, that's a good deal. Otherwise not.
Correct. A (500GB) Bolt regularly costs $300 and comes with one year of service. Service costs $150/yr or $599 for lifetime.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
My Roamio and Mini UI look exactly the same as they have for months.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
For info, it's on the Roamio too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Roamios have 4K output?

• Locked thread