Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Take the 150... that's more than I would have expected you to get for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

deaders posted:

Take the 150... that's more than I would have expected you to get for it.

gently caress the 150. File the dmca. LADbible is trying to blow up right now on a much larger scale. This can hurt them exactly where they don't want right now.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/01/ladbible-with-31-billion-views-this-site-is-going-after-buzzfeed-vice.html

Tesla Was Robbed fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 4, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah file it. Lad Bible and every site like it is 100% trash

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

DJExile posted:

Yeah file it. Lad Bible and every site like it is 100% trash

Seriously. If they're even a tenth as douchey, entitled and slimy about IP use, and grossly regressive/editorially unsound as the dudebro runoff that brought us the Chive then I would file just on principle.

Like, gently caress you for taking my work without permission, gently caress you for associating it with your lovely publication in press as though you had my approval, and gently caress you triple for then acting like you've done me a favor and I should be honored that my image was featured in a listicle about the '10 Best Stadiums to Get Drunk In' or whatever.

Their whole lovely business model relies on you keeping your mouth shut/at most taking the hundred bucks.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
https://www.imagerights.com

Use them. For gods sake, use them.

Make actual money. A number of shooters I know have 20-30% of their annual income generated from settlements.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

How would you handle an artist who wants to use your photo as a reference for a painting? I've gotten this question at every art show I've been to now, and I still don't know how to answer it. Would you charge them extra? Is there some sort of established protocol for this type of transaction? At one show I had a neighbour who painted a nice parrot picture throughout the show, but she was using a picture of a parrot as a reference and her picture was basically a clone of the reference (exact same pose, just different background).

Drewski
Apr 15, 2005

Good thing Vader didn't touch my bike. Good thing for him.

Yeast posted:

Make actual money. A number of shooters I know have 20-30% of their annual income generated from settlements.

Shiiiiiiiiit I wish I would have known. My issue is resolved now.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
What was the resolution in the end?

Drewski
Apr 15, 2005

Good thing Vader didn't touch my bike. Good thing for him.

Helen Highwater posted:

What was the resolution in the end?

It involved signing an NDA. Suffice to say I'm satisfied, they get to use my photo, and they actually paid me within a week.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Yeast posted:

This is such a fantastic business idea.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Drewski posted:

It involved signing an NDA. Suffice to say I'm satisfied, they get to use my photo, and they actually paid me within a week.

good to hear :toot:

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Figured this was the best thread to ask this. Are there any photographs here who are earning a decent living with their photography and also have a disability?

I've just started the second year of my HND and after 4 days straight of doing commercial shoots it dawned on my that I'm really going to struggle shooting full time. I love photography and really want to make a career out of it but my medical problems make it hard a lot of the time.

If there are any other disabled photographers who could offer advice it would be very much appreciated.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
HND, so the UK? Try the Disabled Photographers Society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Thank you, I hadn't heard of them. Will definitely check them out.

• Locked thread