Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.
I was curious as to what the faces of yore would look like with terrible "scene" hair and makeup, so I badly edited paintings of olde time ladies.

Original by William-Adolphe Bouguereau
The Wave, 1896

Original by Sandro Botticelli
The Birth of Venus, around 1482

I realize Frida isn't really that old but I couldn't resist loving with her face.

Original by Frida Kahlo
Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Humming-bird

Marie Antoinette
I'm not sure who this was by

Also, emo-ish Jesus:

From this image: http://www.futureofthebook.org/mitchellstephens/archives/Jesus.jpg

I don't know, it was a moment of madness.
Now you?

mizbelle fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

for a porkchop
Jan 10, 2007
I don't have photoshop, but I love this idea and your great starters. Can't wait to see what people come up with.

Old Man Fancington
Jul 24, 2007

by T. Mascis
You can put on all the ridiculous modern hair you want, but you can't take the :hampants: out of the Rubenesques.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
I did this a while back.

Original.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.
Yeah I don't have photoshop either. I used GIMP which I hate because it's buggy as gently caress, but it's free. If I could have gotten it to work I would have tried a little harder.

eta: oh god I love that ^

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
This is very awesome. Contribute only if you only have something you feel is well done and i keeping with the concept. If you post MSPaint or horrible poo poo I will put you on probation.

Archilochos
Jul 14, 2008
Great stuff so far. Secks, I've seen that before in another thread and it's fantastic, could you tell me who did the original?

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if everyone could at least name the originals. I'm looking forward to this thread.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Archilochos posted:

Great stuff so far. Secks, I've seen that before in another thread and it's fantastic, could you tell me who did the original?

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if everyone could at least name the originals. I'm looking forward to this thread.

William Bouguereau. It's called Far Niente. I initially did it for Worth1000.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.
Edited the original post to put what credits I could find.

I wanted to do a huge series of these but kind of petered out. For me, the whole point was to take these gorgeous, mostly un-made-up faces from olden times and then plaster them with trendy bullshit just to see what they would look like. I considered branching out into photos of famous people like the National Geographic girl with huge eyes but felt I should stick to people from days gone by. I also considered the Mona Lisa but she's been redone to hell and back.

Looking forward to see if this inspires someone else!

HelterSkeletor
Oct 7, 2005

by T. Finn

The Finn posted:

This is very awesome. Contribute only if you only have something you feel is well done and i keeping with the concept. If you post MSPaint or horrible poo poo I will put you on probation.

This belongs in every photoshop thread.

myself
Jul 17, 2001

Nice photo shop work. This is very horrific.

AgentONeal
Oct 14, 2003

Superhuman intelligences may have goals inconsistent with human survival and prosperity.
All of them are hotter after your photoshop. I'd totally do Frida, but only after the make up application.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.
Oh come on, get down with the unibrow. Or, she could give you a mustache ride.

ludnix
Jan 8, 2007

by exmarx

If anyone else need some scenester inspiration this site is loaded with laughable scenesters to take inspiration from.

blueblaze
Jul 31, 2006

quote:

Marie Antoinette
I'm not sure who this was by

Who's the camera by? Does it really come with a strawberry on top like that? I think I'm in love...

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

ludnix posted:

If anyone else need some scenester inspiration this site is loaded with laughable scenesters to take inspiration from.

That one has a myspace angle to start with, very well done.

iiinked
Oct 6, 2007
For Great Justice!

Hopefully it doesn't violate the no-lovely PS rule.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

blueblaze posted:

Who's the camera by? Does it really come with a strawberry on top like that? I think I'm in love...

The strawberry is an earring I ripped from somewhere, Etsy.com probably. The camera is a hello kitty camera.

Loving the contributions so far. That scene girl blog is pretty hilarious. I used it for most of my inspiration too.

ludnix posted:

Who is that painting by? The original is cool.

Mazka
Apr 14, 2007
You fucked-up crazy-ass weirdo beaver

iiinked posted:

Mona Lisa

Holy poo poo. I was trying to keep a straight face until now.
Trying to google for paintings and cook chicken now.

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007
^^^ reminds me of Terry Gilliam. Good job.
All of them so far have been pretty good, and I dig the concept.

ludnix
Jan 8, 2007

by exmarx

mizbelle posted:

Who is that painting by? The original is cool.

Girl Seated in a Cemetery, 1824, by Eugene Delacroix, I didn't notice until now the little crosses in the corner which seems fitting for both the before and after.

EDIT:
Does anyone have a good source for the classical paintings? I'd like to do more but I don't know what to search before beyond "classical paintings girl".

ludnix fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 21, 2008

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

ludnix posted:

Girl Seated in a Cemetery, 1824, by Eugene Delacroix, I didn't notice until now the little crosses in the corner which seems fitting for both the before and after.

Ah, nice. Yeah I didn't notice those crosses until you pointed it out. Her expression is really striking and her facial shape makes for a great scene girl somehow.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

It was a lot of fun trying to find all the random crap that scenesters wear, I could have spent days on this.

Original called Margaret Gibbs by Freake-Gibbs, 1670

Click here for the full 811x1000 image.

ultra waitress!
Jan 19, 2006

This is an amazing idea and I look forward to the contributions. If it's possible, however, could contributors include small-scale versions of both theirs and the original work, so those of us without giant monitors may truly appreciate the differences? Just a hope. Everything contributed thus far has been wonderful.

Mazka
Apr 14, 2007

ludnix posted:

Does anyone have a good source for the classical paintings? I'd like to do more but I don't know what to search before beyond "classical paintings girl".

Here's some Rembrandt http://staff.science.uva.nl/~fjseins/RembrandtCatalogue/r_1651_1659.html
I searched articles on wikipedia about the artist and theres always a link to painting gallery.

Captain Corduroy
Mar 31, 2007

We find the source of the problem, and we throw dragons at it.
http://www.artrenewal.org is an absolutely fantastic resource for classical paintings.

Check out Alma-Tadema and Bouguereau for some good faces. And then bookmark the site, because it's the largest art library of its kind and all of its images are pretty high-res.

damnhooligan
Jan 8, 2004

The Bringer of... well, Penultimate Doom!

Mosh Coprocessor
Jul 8, 2008
I loving hate that current hair styles for women. Its terrible.

Willfor
Oct 6, 2004

Cut Sick

Mosh Coprocessor posted:

I loving hate that current hair styles for women. Its terrible.

I really like it, even though I don't like the type of person who has it.

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"
Oh Gauguin, you and your videocamera are going to cause some trouble...

I honestly have no idea if this is NWS or not, and I don't consider it (or the original) to be, but I'll err on the safeside:

Maybe :nws:? Paul Gaugin's antics

edit: as a side note, the super-strong colors Gauguin used made this a real bitch to work with in Photoshop.

Goreld fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Sep 21, 2008

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

As an artist, I am not proud of what I have done.

Nonetheless, for the good of the thread, I present

Girl With Side Ponytail

Click for gigantic-sized.

Mazka
Apr 14, 2007
Made an attempt, not the best I could do but im getting a hangover from this.
The hair was a huge mistake. It was impossible to fit that thing into anyone's head and make it look halfway natural at the same time. But I couldnt just let it go after two hours of work into it.

edit: gently caress, the pic was huge.

Rembrandt, Young (scene) girl at the window, 1651

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I went with the opposite end of the "modern girl" spectrum.

Benedikt XVI
Aug 30, 2008

by Ozma
Only excellent contributions so far. I love this thread.

My favourite:

damnhooligan posted:

Mr. G
Aug 23, 2007

by angerbotSD
Can someone please do Leonardo's Annunciation?

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Krusty Krab
May 9, 2007

I Like Hot Tail(Pipe)

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

this looks awesome, do you have the original?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Krusty Krab posted:

this looks awesome, do you have the original?

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

:monocle:`

This is excellent on so many levels!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Really cool idea man. Also The Finn, should people be worrying about NWSing paintings with nude models?