Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.
I was curious as to what the faces of yore would look like with terrible "scene" hair and makeup, so I badly edited paintings of olde time ladies.

Original by William-Adolphe Bouguereau
The Wave, 1896

Original by Sandro Botticelli
The Birth of Venus, around 1482

I realize Frida isn't really that old but I couldn't resist loving with her face.

Original by Frida Kahlo
Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Humming-bird

Marie Antoinette
I'm not sure who this was by

Also, emo-ish Jesus:

From this image: http://www.futureofthebook.org/mitchellstephens/archives/Jesus.jpg

I don't know, it was a moment of madness.
Now you?

mizbelle fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.
Yeah I don't have photoshop either. I used GIMP which I hate because it's buggy as gently caress, but it's free. If I could have gotten it to work I would have tried a little harder.

eta: oh god I love that ^

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.
Edited the original post to put what credits I could find.

I wanted to do a huge series of these but kind of petered out. For me, the whole point was to take these gorgeous, mostly un-made-up faces from olden times and then plaster them with trendy bullshit just to see what they would look like. I considered branching out into photos of famous people like the National Geographic girl with huge eyes but felt I should stick to people from days gone by. I also considered the Mona Lisa but she's been redone to hell and back.

Looking forward to see if this inspires someone else!

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.
Oh come on, get down with the unibrow. Or, she could give you a mustache ride.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

blueblaze posted:

Who's the camera by? Does it really come with a strawberry on top like that? I think I'm in love...

The strawberry is an earring I ripped from somewhere, Etsy.com probably. The camera is a hello kitty camera.

Loving the contributions so far. That scene girl blog is pretty hilarious. I used it for most of my inspiration too.

ludnix posted:

Who is that painting by? The original is cool.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

ludnix posted:

Girl Seated in a Cemetery, 1824, by Eugene Delacroix, I didn't notice until now the little crosses in the corner which seems fitting for both the before and after.

Ah, nice. Yeah I didn't notice those crosses until you pointed it out. Her expression is really striking and her facial shape makes for a great scene girl somehow.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

Captain Corduroy posted:

http://www.artrenewal.org is an absolutely fantastic resource for classical paintings.

Check out Alma-Tadema and Bouguereau for some good faces. And then bookmark the site, because it's the largest art library of its kind and all of its images are pretty high-res.

This site is absolutely excellent and just what I was looking for! Thank you. I was having a hard time finding more faces but now I'm all inspired again.

Also everything I've seen so far is hilarious.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

A black person posted:

She's one of those fat scene girls who tries too hard, and her hot scene girl friends tell her that her hair is sexy and she looks hot, but deep down she knows they're lying.

Original:

Click here for the full 767x1054 image.

I've spent way too much time on this and I have to actually do homework now, but someone really should do American Gothic.

That would so be me if I tried to be a scene girl.
I like how you matched the editing to the style of brush stroke in the original!
I almost did American Gothic but found soooo many edits of it on google image search that I gave up.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.
I like the pierced flogina idea but the jewelry is all wrong for body piercing :B

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.
it needs:
a stripper pole
tattoos on exposed arms/legs
striped shirts
big hair
glowing drinks

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.
In case anyone needs yet more horrible modern kids' styles: http://gutterface.deviantart.com/

This person is a well known douchebag among the asian ball joint doll collecting douchebags I am part of. I'd love to see someone really 'sacred' (like Anne Frank, although she's not a painting) done up as her.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

Nobuu posted:

This is the best Photoshop thread we've had all year.

Oooh what's the original of that one? I kinda want to try her myself. She's got a great face.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

Night Gaunt posted:

I saw a girl at the mall dressed somewhat like this once.

This is pretty much perfect.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

TheCheddarCat posted:

Just so you know that's a guy. It really messed with my head :psyduck:

Actually she's a girl.
She just calls herself a "boi" and claims to be transgender.
I normally have respect for trans people but she stole a bunch of expensive rear end dolls from people so I'll call her whatever I want :B

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

inky101 posted:

Hello fellow BJDer. ;D

/derailment

Oh hai :D

Then you're probably aware of the massive thread about her here: http://denofdemons.org/showthread.php?t=2039

Just posting that for any Kaz-hating lurkers :B

Ok getting back to work on scene-ing painted ladies!

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.
^^^ I love that!

Original is A Portrait of a Young Girl by William Bougeureau
Edits based on a couple people I've seen/known.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

Darth Brooks posted:

I started to work on this one but got distracted by the Cowboys/packers. She has such a suicide girl expression anyways.

It was her near-lack of eyebrows that inspired me.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

Upturned Plug posted:

I adore how you turned her robe thingie into a hoodie. I chortled.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Abomination Unto God:

I wanna punch this little fucker so hard :argh:

I think this is my favorite so far. Him and emo Jesus are in love and make emo-boys-kissing videos for youtube.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

HOT BREAD! posted:

I'm going to hell for this. :(

Noo~ Bouguereau..

I'm positive this one is going to show up all over myspace.

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

CannedMacabre posted:

This thread just keeps getting better. I really hope it makes it as this weeks Phriday.

Probably jinxing it, but if it does I'll be retardedly happy. The only thread I've ever posted after 4 years of lurking, and it's actually doing well. I'm so proud. :unsmith:

glasyalabolas posted:

Perfect on all levels. My dad will poo poo himself when I show him this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mizbelle
Aug 15, 2004
deadly deadly bees.

TigerMoJo posted:

Gave it a shot. Meh.
Chillin':

Original:
Madam Recamier by Jacques-Louis David.

Very nice. She needs a laptop.