Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

GrandpaPants posted:

For my first run of Fallout 3, are there any mods that are essential and make the experience strictly better or should I just go in as is?

Yeah, there's a mod they sell in stores called "New Vegas". :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Any tips for MGS3? Playing the HD version.

Read this in case you get stuck on a certain boss.

You can use your inventory on the game over screen.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

So at the recommendation of everyone ever, I started playing Deadly Premonition. I can barely figure out what the hell is going on. Am I supposed to be doing something during the "profiling" sequences? Is Agent York autistic or something?

Seriously, I just drove the town's sheriff to a city park where human remains lay on the ground. The sheriff got out of the car and bitched about me stopping, then proceeded to walk several miles to the hospital we were going to. As I picked up the human remains with my bare hands, York remarked that he should probably tell someone about this. When he joins the sheriff at the hospital, he doesn't say a thing. I can't tell whether this game is brilliant or terrible. Except for the controls and camera, those are definitely terrible.

The profiling sequences are just for the "Otherworld" sections. They clear up as you proceed through the level and find clues.

I assume you found a bone while wandering around? Those are for a sidequest.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Capsaicin posted:

Earthbound: Make sure you kill the 3rd Strongest Mole last.

This cannot be stressed enough.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

DeathBySpoon posted:

Alright, how about Pokemon Black 2 and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3? Last Pokemon game I played was SoulSilver, so just the cliffnotes of what's new on that one. UMvC3 is totally new to me- I've mostly just played SF4 before. Thanks!

Your MARVEL BABY! HQ

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Velho! posted:

- Red Dead Redemption

Don't use fast travel.

More detail: There are different types of "encounters" that can happen out in the wild. You will miss out on them if you abuse the fast travel

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Polite Tim posted:

Does anyone have any tips for starting out in the original final fantasy tactics? I've got the general gist of combat, but I keep getting thrashed by EVERYTHING and it's starting to annoy me.

You can put more men into the battle by using L1-R1 at the set-up screen.

Not being a dick, I just wish someone told me that my first time playing.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

blackguy32 posted:

Some pretty big plot points are hinted at in POOPS for MGS4. Although, if you play MGS4, then there is very little reason to play POOPS, but it can be a fun game at times.

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Going to start playing Deadly Premonition on PC. Anyone got any tips to make it fun / stop it crashing?

A week late to this but;

Don't read any of the trading cards because they spoil the story.