Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

-Find a few social links you like and stick to them until they are maxed out.
-Go to Tartarus at least once a week
-Register your personas every chance you get and fuse them whenever you can, but make sure you have a persona of each element.

- If you're not going to Tarturus, go to the mall in the evening to do character stat-boosting activities (in exchange for $$$), and then study afterwards (unless you're too tired).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

What should I know about Digital Devil Saga? I played through the first 'dungeon' once but haven't played it in years since. I'm thinking about going back to it. I'm kind of surprised that this isn't in the wiki, so go hog wild with suggestions.

Much of the basic system stuff from Nocturne still applies; but the shield
spells are extremely useful in some fights. And because weaknesses/strength have such a huge effect, make sure to analyze everything, and get the spyglass when you can to save the skill slot.

When the intro says that devouring is the only way to survive, it's not kidding.
Well, it's the only way to get enough skill growth. Get at least one of your
characters a good eating skill + shared atma + iron stomach and try to munch as many enemies to the death as you can. If in P3 the basic random encounter formula is "hit weakness to knock down, all out attack" here it's "hit weakness to scare, devour".

Elemental defences are grouped with the attack magics of the same kind. So
it is probably a good idea to have Serph spend some time learning fire magic.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

al-azad posted:

Finally, keep the bronze sphere and intestines. Trust me on this one.

And junk. The junk item is actually useful in P:T.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Strange Matter posted:

Any more tips on Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga? There's some info on the Wiki but it's pretty scant, and it seems to be generalized info for all SMT games.

Yeah, some of the entries there seem to be for Nocturne (I don't recall fog breath even being in these games, but it's been awhile). What I would suggest:

- Develop your characters' magic primarily along the line of their weakness, not strength (e.g. focus Serph down the fire path, not ice one). This is because the line for each element includes not only offensive spells for that element, but also defensive skills against it, and in this game...

- ... shield (or absorb) skills will win you tough battles. If a boss hits someone's elemental weakness, they get an extra half-turn. If they hit a shield spell covering an element, they lose an extra one (or two? don't remember any more; absorb takes away the rest of their press turns and heals you, but that's later in the game).

- It's a megaten game, so buffs are important; there are 4 levels of those in DDS1 and 3 in DDS2 (not 1 like in Persona 3/4). Later on, you may want to have dekaja and dekunda available at least as combos

- Eat plenty, hopefully during every random encounter (hitting elemental weaknesses makes it easier). There are some skills that make you share the gotten atma

- Both parts will shuffle around your character availability at some points, so it may make sense to invest in the shared karma (IIRC) skills.

- Remember you can pass at cost of half of a turn. It can be very important.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

IAmTheRad posted:

Anything that's not on the Wiki for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

There is a game-breaking bag fairly late in the game (2nd continent, I think) where if you visit certain shrines before plot calls for it you'll be unable to progress the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Truman Sticks posted:

I wandered into a mine in the early hours of FFXV that was full of level 7 goblins, so I figured I was safe to explore. Then I made it to the bottom of the mineshaft, where there is a level 52 boss. You can't use ladders while in combat, so I had no way to go back up the way I came, so I had to just reset. Lost about an hour. So yeah, save often.

Things you should know before playing FF15:
Menu -> Map -> Return to Dungeon Entrance.