Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Rabid Llama
Aug 19, 2003

Donkey PUNCH

CloseFriend posted:

Don't forget, this is probably as good a place as any to make requests if you don't feel like you're playing a game "right."

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I could use advice on Ultima 7 and Final Fantasy Tactics. :shobon:

Tactics is horribly breakable. You can easily grind any battle and get as much JP as you want for whoever you want. You get JP for any action that completes successfully, even hitting your teammates. You also always get JP for your main class, even if you're using your secondary-class abilities.

One of my favorite grind tactics, though, is to use Mediators and use whatever ability it is that they have that lowers a target's Brave (Taunt?). If you get an enemy's Brave below a certain point, they turn into a chicken. As in, they literally turn into an actual chicken. This means they can do jack squat until their Brave naturally regenerates, which you will of course be keeping from happening with further Mediation. Now, surround the chicken with units and do unwholesome things to it raise whatever skill you want! As a bonus, units close to a unit that gains JP will gain a little JP in that class too.

If you want a good "holy gently caress this is broken I am awesome" class to shoot for, look up how Calculators work. Master Calculator, then change that person into a Black Mage and give them Math Skill as a secondary... damage machine, makes the game too easy.

Edit:

The Capm posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics

-Use multiple saves and any time you're asked to save between missions (ie with no time on the world map between) save in a new slot. People who know the game know what I'm talking about.
Holy poo poo this this this. You want to at LEAST alternate between two save slots, and more is probably wise.

-JP Boost should be the first skill you make every character learn.
Less grind, more filling!

-The Guest/Special characters are powerful so use them. TG Cid is overpowered but even Agrias and Mustadio are very powerful if used correctly. The exception here is Cloud. He starts out at level one and in my experience isn't worth it.
Orlandu (TG Cid) is really loving good, and you just have him handed to you, so take advantage of that

A Rabid Llama fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 29, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU