Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Any advice on someone about to start Oblivion? I've played Morrowind thoroughly, but am slightly worried about the scaling enemies I've heard so much about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

m2pt5 posted:

Get a mod that fixes the leveling system. One of the most popular is Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.

The way the default leveling system works is this - the more you use your major skills, the faster you level up. Due to this, the monsters can quickly become way too strong for you; the easiest way to counter this is to take skills that you barely use as your major skills.

360 version, no mods :(

So, pretty much pick useless skills as majors?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

rss feeder posted:

You have to be level 10 to do the very easy quest though. So if he doesn't level up much, he won't be able to.

So, pick skills that I only use moderately and can control how quickly they level up.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Wheresmy5bucks posted:

If I recall the Chocobo Incest ring got pretty expensive.

haha, now I'm picturing all these Chocobos with buck-teeth, one wing, and three legs stumbling around the racetrack.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Going for some new games and some old games, any tips for:

Fable II
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy Tactics

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Thinkin' about trying out Star Control 2: Ur-Quan Masters soon, any 'must-do' stuff?

Also, pimping out the all-comprehensive site for this thread again:

http://www.drumandface.info/wsik/index.php/Main_Page

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

How's about Suikoden III? I think I read that you can't miss the 108 stars, but other than that, are there any things to watch out for? Any gamebreakers on offense like in V?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Herobotic posted:

I'm curious: What are your tips that you would give a beginner coming to Peggle? I recently re-picked it up, and wanted to see what everyone's little tricks are for it.

- Wait for the bucket to be closer to the side you're firing at, it's more likely to follow the path of the ball around the level, unless you're aiming for that one peg and that's all you want to hit, then you want to anticipate the bucket.

- Zen Ball kicks rear end, but it doesn't mean it's the best choice for the level. Some other favorites of mine are the Pumpkin twice-thru the level thing, or the Space Blast (especially when they are close enough to blow each other up).

There's not much more than blind luck after the first 2-3 bounces, so practice a little bit with the guide (unicorn helper) first to get a feel for that first ricochet.

Different levels will need different helpers, but for some of the points challenges, you'll probably need the magic rabbit and hope that you hit the triple points on the first ball.

When aiming for a single peg near the bottom, try aiming just off to the side, shaving the peg, and wait for the bucket to go underneath as if you were going to miss it, so if you do, you get a free ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

Anything for Skyrim or should I just go in blind?

I should note I will be playing on X360, so no mods.

Is DLC all late-game stuff?

Best to go in mostly blind, as you'll wind up overpowered in some way or another no matter how you go about it. Have fun with it, because you'll be at it awhile.

Only pointers I would give:

If you do accidentally commit a crime (or intentionally), you can run away from the town and your wanted level will drop after a day or two.

Only one bonus Standing Stone effect at a time.

Do not attempt to sprint through the massively windy arch on top of a mountain.

There's a power you'll get that turns you ghostly for a short time, use it to drop off high places.

The 'Armor' skill tree does not loop around, both paths end at 'Dragon'.