Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Scalding Coffee posted:

*Keep an open mind with the constant cutscenes and battle mechanics. I consider all of them awful but can be made fun.
*People say the third is the best but it shits on the storytelling due to cutbacks.
*Don't bother wasting tech points into stats and only into making your special moves into high speed.
*AWGS are almost useless but have tons of health, avoid flamers/heavy weapons as they make your slow machine slower.
*Do whatever you can to make your attacks elemental and debuff enemies with the opposite element.
*Buy enough of the anti-Gnosis items in Ep.3 to make your characters 100% immune to crystallization. Remember to buy 99 of that cheap full recovery item that has the deadly side-effect. You will be set.

Are the cutscenes skipable? And if not, can I just zone out during them or do I need to pay attention lest I find myself lost and having no idea what to do next? 'Cause I'd like to play this but I really don't know if I can deal with all the cutscenes. It's a game. If I wanted to watch anime, I'd watch anime (except that this will never happen.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

If that's how you feel I'd say just skip the game entirely then. The gameplay isn't really that great and only serves as a vehicle for the story. Also if you don't like anime you'll never be able to stomach the series.

Well, I've managed to make it through dozens of JRPG's over my life time, so I can stand the anime cutscenes within reason. But yeah, you convinced me that this one is probably more than I can stomach.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Don't bother levelling up all your characters. You can pretty much ignore everyone but Fayt, Cliff, Maria and Nel. Just concentrate on those four.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Arcsech posted:

Requesting Fable: The Lost Chapters. Awesome thread, by the way, this is really helpful for a lot of games.

A trick to get a lot of strength XP relatively early in the game (which is important for defense as well as offense): max out your attractiveness so that you can get married and then when you are alone with your wife in your house, start beating the poo poo out of her. Position yourself so that she's trapped up against the wall or a piece of furniture or something so she can't get away and just repeatedly hit the attack button. This will drive your combat multiplier way up. You can do this forever without killing her but once you stop she will divorce you so you have to do it all at once rather than dole out a bunch of little beatings. Sometimes a guard will catch you but it's unusual and you can just teleport out of there before you have to pay a fine.

Man, I love that game.