Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rikkmeister
Mar 20, 2006
Any tips for Silent Hill 2 for the PC? I've had it for like 2 years, it's about time I try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rikkmeister
Mar 20, 2006
Doom 3

*Learn to use the PDA as soon as you get it. All codes for cabinets are found on other PDA's, either in the e-mails, or voice logs. You don't want to miss the goodies in the cabinets.

*The game does not pause while you're using your PDA, only use it when you're absolutely sure nothing is around.

*There's plenty of ammunition in the game, but switch the weapons from time to time. If you use one or two the whole time, you will run out of ammo for it. While we're at it, the shotgun and the rifle will probably be the two most used weapons. Get used to them both, the shotgun is 1-shotting most things within melee range, while the rifle is really weak, but accurate. Go for full body shots with the shotgun, and headshots with the rifle.

*Bind your flashlight to RMB, and chainsaw to F. You're going to use the flashlight all the time, and from time to time will need to use the chainsaw. Easier to push F than 0.

*Enemies will come from all sides. See a dark corner? There's probably an imp there. A small vent shaft? Expect spiders. Look back, the enemies often spawn behind you.

*Smacking enemies with the flashlight actually does considerable damage. Use it when enemies are too close, but you don't got time to ready another weapon. Kills zombies in 2 hits.

All in all, it's a great shooter which everyone should try. The weapons are great, graphics still okay (most of the game is dark anyway) and the creepy industrial feeling is even better than Q4.

Rikkmeister
Mar 20, 2006

Bob Smith posted:

Is it just me or is the chaingun absolutely useless in Doom 3? In Doom/Doom2 it was very powerful because you could blast away all day with no repercussions, but as far as I remember Doom 3's one had a spin-up time and needed reloading every few seconds.

There's no reloading needed. It's a situational weapon mostly, it requires a spin-up of 2 seconds or so, but you tear through every enemy in seconds with it.