Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Hughmoris posted:

I am going to check out a 1989 Honda Transalp tomorrow and was hoping I could get some opinions or input on the bike. This will be my fourth bike, having previously owned a KLR650, SV650, and a FZ1.

I've been communicating with the seller via email and he is asking $1000 for the bike. His description of it is that its in good shape, rideable, 31,000 miles on the engine and it doesn't leak any oil, has good tread on the tires and all the signals/lights work. He goes on to state that he was replaced the fuel petcock and valve and has put on a new shroud, and the main work the bike needs is new brake shoes.

Now, I'm not new to riding but I'm definitely pretty clueless when it comes to wrenching. Does this sound like a reasonable deal if the bike isn't trashed or am I getting myself into a world of trouble with this model or a bike this old?

Sounds like a pretty good deal. A guy at the local bike (bicycle) shop was talking to me about motorcycles and he wants one but they are apparently very hard to find. Maybe just around here, though (Central PA).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU