Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Datsun Honeybee
Mar 26, 2004

God bless us, every one.
I actually found a great deal I am jumping on tomorrow morning.
1991 nighthawk 750 for $1800, 36k miles, new chain new tires and runs great.

I've always wanted a nighthawk 750
It's not a huge jump up from my ninja 500R, I imagine they perform somewhat
similar, but for some reason I've just always wanted one of them.

edit: forgot to mention the reason I want a new bike is because my 500R has some extremely-expensive-to-repair engine problems.

Datsun Honeybee fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 20, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datsun Honeybee
Mar 26, 2004

God bless us, every one.

Z3n posted:

Sounds a little on the high side. Maybe offer around 1500$? If it's in good shape though 1800$ would be on the high side.

I might try to haggle with him in person, over the phone he didn't want to budge, but maybe it will be different when I'm standing there with the money.

From what he says, and the photos, it seems to be in good shape ... I am however going in armed with my flashlight and probing questions. Hopefully he lets me take it for a short ride around the 'hood. I have had a motorcycle license for the last 6 years.

Datsun Honeybee
Mar 26, 2004

God bless us, every one.
I just got back from checking out the CB750. Man, those things are huge! I'd never seen one in person before. Seems like it'll make a nice 2nd bike though.

I inspected it as much as I could without a test ride (owner understandably didn't want to let me test ride it without having the full amount in cash right there) but it fired right up from a cold start, sounds good. He did, however, ride it around the block for me while I watched. I plan on test riding it when I go back tomorrow with the rest of the cash before anything is finalized, though, just so I can feel it.

visual inspection didn't reveal anything out of sorts, in fact it was very clean and well-kept. The first owner was an older gentleman who kept service records and all, which were shown to me. Oil was changed 600 miles ago. Tires, chain, brakes were all new.

I'm heading back over there tomorrow to pay him the rest and to ride it on home. I'm really thrilled right now, I've always wanted a CB750! Finding one at a nice price that is in such good shape is.... totally tubular.