Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
How is this for a starter bike? I take the riding portion of the MSF this weekend and will be looking for a bike as soon as possible. Tomorrow will be the first time I've ever been on a motorcycle.

edit: I thought it was a bit pricey for a 25 year old bike. I'll keep looking, I'm willing to wait until after the holidays.

Watommi fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 6, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
What about this? I have no tools or know-how to repair bikes, but I figure there's no time like now to learn. I can probably swing a battery pretty easy, but how hard are carbs to work on? Is this doable for a complete non-mechanic, or should I look for something that would require less work?

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
Anyone know anything about Yamaha Radians?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/952020544.html

Again, I'm looking for a good starter/beginner bike, just rode for the first time this weekend at the MSF course. I really like the way this bike looks, and everything I can find about it makes it look like a good learner bike. Is this price too high, or anything bad I need to know about them?

edit: This looks so amazingly awesome. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/mcy/951888619.html

Watommi fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 10, 2008

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
I'm going to buy a Scrambler soon, and almost immediately take it from San Diego to the Grand Canyon. :cool:

some guy from advrider's Scrambler:

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
Is a Buell xb9sx a good starter bike?

My brother is kind of impulsive and traded for one without having ever really ridden before. Is he going to die?