Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

n8r posted:

You need to say a lot more about what you want to do with the bikes, you ability levels, and how much you want to spend.

I say two CR500s.

C'mon, I mean, it's old! And only a 500!

(Note: Do not actually do this. Please.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Alright, tell me if I'm an idiot for this.

For my next bike, I am really lusting for a Ducati. Its been my dream since I was a little kid. I've been looking at other bikes, and still am since I'm six months or so out from being back in the state's to purchase.

That said, I've ridden a 1098R and a new Panigale S. I don't want or need that much bike, so how stupid of an idea is it to be looking at an 848? One with all the farkles seems to be going for right at 10k, which is a lot (and more than any new bike I'd be getting.) Also, just looking at the drat things make my pants get tight.

Bike will be used for commuting 30 miles or so each way during the week, backroads on weekends and the occasional track day. I was also considering a new FZ09 or lightly used street/speed triple.

So, CA, tell me how stupid I am.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mcqueen posted:

Any reason beyond making more delicious power? I read the handlebars on the 1100 are a bit more relaxed and the prices for them around Seattle seem to be in the range I'm looking for (cheapish).

Newer. More power.

I love my 02 ZRX, I'm 6' and ride it daily ~90 miles. I've never been on an 1100, but the 1200 is relaxed as hell so I can't imagine it's too different.

How much are you looking to spend? You can find either one for 3k ish, in my experience. Check zrxoa and see if anyone is selling one near you, also. My bike is slowly creeping on 50k and still runs great.