Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Not sure whether to ask this in here or in the "motorcycle question thread." Figure I'll start here.

What do you guys think would be a good starting price for my bike?

2000 Honda CBR600f4. Silver/Red. About 20k miles.
Extra poo poo on it: Devil Bikes high-mount slip-on, K&N air filter, Zero Gravity Smoked Double Bubble windscreen, flush mount front turn signals, Clear Alternatives LED tail lamp (has the rear turn signals integrated into the brake light), Euro Bikes under tail kit, Woodcraft rear sets, Galfer stainless steel brake lines with Galfer pads, Dunlop Qualifiers with 85-90% tread left. Never been down, tracked, or stunted. The nose fairing and forward facing edges of the side fairings have a few small chips as a result of road debris. The oil and oil filter were changed and the air filter cleaned every 3,000-4,000 miles. Carbs just cleaned, spark plugs just replaced.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

NADA is saying average retail of $3808, KBB is saying $3865.

Would starting out at $4000 be a safe bet? I figure I'm going to get talked down a bit anyways, so starting a little high won't make too much a difference

iroc_dis fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 8, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

n8r posted:

F4is seem horribly overvalued. I would guess other F4is in your area are near 5k. Start yours at the going rate and see how it goes. Sort of a bad time of year to sell a bike.

Yea I figured that much. Ideally I'd like to sell it March of next year or so. Also, its not an F4i :smith:

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

n8r posted:

Oh well then that does make a difference. The F4 is pretty undervalued, I'd say 4k is probably a good starting point.

I'm tempted to just post it up on Craigslist every few weeks with the $4,000 price. I'm in South Carolina so it doesn't get that cold, and when it does its only for part of December and January. Can't hurt to try, and its free, so why not I suppose.

I'm unsure of what I'll want to get to replace it. A large part of me screams "get an RC51" but they're very hard to find in good condition in my area, and I dunno, maybe it would just be better and easier to get a newer 600rr/zx636/r6. The two aren't even remotely comparable so I'm having a good deal of trouble deciding which route I'd like to pursue

edit/ comedy option:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard (standard)
Excellent shape, dealer maintained.
Always garaged, covered and on a trickle charger.
Shift-Tech Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger
Pilot Power 2CT's in great shape.
Extra oil filter.
6,600 miles
Factory Warranty until 8/2009
NC Inspection Sept 08.
$10,500

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

iroc_dis fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 9, 2008

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Too good to be true?

http://columbia.craigslist.org/mcy/877986821.html

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Bob Morales posted:

That's possible if the guy needs the cash bad. He probably had it at $6000 for a couple weeks and didn't get any calls. I had my 05 listed at 6000 for a month (granted it was September in Michigan) and only had about 5-10 people email me about it.

If I had my 2000 CBR sold already I would probably be all over that thing in a hot second. I love my some Kawi green

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

ClockworkZero posted:

a lot of times with bikes like that, a person finances them and rides them for the summer, then just looks to get the balance back at the end of the season. Sort of a self-administered super short term lease.

Yikes, I had never heard of that happening before. That sort of thing doesn't do anything bad for your finances or credit rating or something?

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Well just for shits and giggles I posted my 2000 CBR600 on Columbia Craigslist asking $4800. Probably high but eh, you never know if someones willing to pay that much.

edit// maybe I can sell it fast and buy this

iroc_dis fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 20, 2008

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
What would you guys think about this one:
http://columbia.craigslist.org/mcy/891045770.html

quote:

honda rebel 250cc - $1500 (sandy run)
Reply to: sale-891045770@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-10-23, 7:47PM EDT

this 86 honda rebel 250cc is a very good looking and very smooth rideing

bike, the paint is in good shape. it has a windshield, it is avary clean bike.

runs excellent. has just been serviced. great gas mileage and ready to ride.

asking $1500.00, come look

Other than the horrible spelling and grammar, thoughts? It would be for a 20 year old female's first venture in to street bikes.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Simkin posted:

That's a pretty lovely price, tbqh. You could likely find a post 2000 example of the exact same bike for pretty much the same money he's asking. Good bike, wrong price.

http://columbia.craigslist.org/mcy/886828611.html
See?

Thats a good deal higher than her price range though. Shes probably going to offer the 1986 Rebel somewhere around 1k. She should probably reference the other newer bike as a reason for not giving him anywhere near what he wants.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Now that I have had my first wreck promptly ending the life of my 2000 CBR600, I have started looking around for a replacement. The CBR was my first bike, I rode it for about 4 years totaling a bit over 15k miles. At first I was thinking about replacing it with a 2007 or newer 600rr or ZX6r. I wanted to stay with a 600 since I'm much more familiar with that size versus a liter bike and it seemed like I could find those models in extremely good condition with low mileage for around $6-7,000.

A problem arose when I found that a not too far away Honda dealership is selling new 2008 1000rr for $6983. I haven't read a motorcycle review in loving ages. What is the general consensus on 2008 1000rr? Is that a good deal?

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

-Inu- posted:

In terms of finances, it's pretty much one of the best deals you'll find for a new 1000rr anywhere. Southern Powersports has some of the best pricing in the country on Honda's, because they deal in such huge volumes. I'm just assuming you're talking about Southern. I don't have any firsthand experience with the bike itself so I can't comment there, but as far as I know they're fantastic bikes.

Haha yea, I'm talking about Southern Honda. Its about a 5hr drive from where I live in SC but I figure if I'm saving money and getting what I want, why the hell not.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Z3n posted:

Make sure that that's not the deal with the discount in "Honda Bucks" or whatever it is that must be used the day of purchase for gear.

Otherwise, the 2008 1000RR is an astoundingly good motorcycle. Terrifyingly good. One of the most absurd literbikes available, period. Be prepared to hit 130 like your 600 hit 90.

Doesn't say anything about Honda Bucks. Their site does mention the price includes a "lifetime engine warranty"

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

-Inu- posted:

They're no strings, but keep in mind that they have a dealer fee of $100, and some weird 3% Tennessee business tax on top of everything else.

The guy that told me about them mentioned something about a delivery deal they have? If you ask them to deliver across the state line into GA, they will waive the TN sales tax. The delivery fee is cheap it sounded like, and they'll deliver to whatever to the first open parking lot across the GA line

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

-Inu- posted:

I'm not sure about their delivery options. Do you live in Georgia? I don't know how it works in other states, but I know in GA they'll make you pay sales tax on the bike as soon as you go to register it. If you live somewhere other than GA and are doing some kind of funky deal where they deliver it to GA and you register it in another state to circumvent the tax, I dunno how that would work.

Nah I live in SC. The friend that suggested it said that the dealership would deliver the bike to a parking lot just on the GA side to get around the TN sales tax. I'd end up either registering it in SC under my name or in VA under my dad's name.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

UserNotFound posted:

You'll still pay sales tax when you register it...?

Wouldn't that be property tax?

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Hm, when I swung through the local Honda Powerhouse, the salesman didn't know anything about the 08/09 1000rr engine problem. Hes been selling them like hotcakes and haven't seen any come back.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Tsaven Nava posted:

Why, I would have never believed a salesman would say that.

(Sorry I'm just jaded, I hate salesmen)

I know, I'm not usually big on salesmen either but I've known this guy for a several years now and he has always been cool with me.

edit// hrmm, 2007 ZX6r with 3k miles for $4900 :eek:

iroc_dis fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
loving hell. I wish my drat civil suit would go through. I found a mint red 2005 999S with low mileage, magnesium wheels, full Ohlins suspension, random CF bits, upgraded ECU, and Remus CF exhaust. Asking $10k obo. God dammit. I know I shouldn't want that considering the nearest Duc dealership is 100 miles away but I can't help it