Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Fortune Favors Diebold
Jan 22, 2007

Insane Cultist has utilized a paint attack!

crispyseaweed posted:

How was your first face to face with Obama? Was this is first black person you had ever had a conversation with?

I respect Obama's work in the senate, its almost like being governor of the largest state in America, but I have more responsibilities to the middle class and less to my party because I'm part of a team of mavericks. I have a very diverse family and some of my best friends, my closest friends, are diverse and even if I dont agree with them I respect them and do not talk down to them and when I talk to them you know I wont tell someone else something different or call them bitter or different. And you know, when we talked and I found out we ha dsome things in common and I said you betcha I'm ready to take on with reform, but let me get back to job creation because Obama wants you to pay more and have less job creation along with and reductions. And theres another story there, I think anyone who can promise things and then not do that is another story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

OUR PEOPLE WERE BORN OF THE SKY

crispyseaweed posted:

How was your first face to face with Obama? Was this is first black person you had ever had a conversation with?

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

OUR PEOPLE WERE BORN OF THE SKY
SARAH PALIN WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT GEORGE "JR" W BUSH THE CURRENT REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT OF DEEZ UNITED STATES?

Village People Reunion
Nov 7, 2007

I must not be hanged.
Do you have any black friends that haven't blessed you against witchcraft?

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

Fortune Favors Diebold posted:

they work, the glasses work.

I forgot, LF: They work, the glasses work.

please?

vampirarchist
Aug 2, 2008
getting so ANGRY. ANGRY ABOUT GOONS DISCUSSING WEBCOMICS
Amazing. Having Palin as VP is probably even more amusing than if Huckabee had been chosen for that position.

Governor Palin, what would be your battle strategy should the unthinkable happen and you become Commander-in-Chief during a war against Russia?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I respect Obama's work in the senate, its almost like being governor of the largest state in America, but I have more responsibilities to the middle class and less to my party because I'm part of a team of mavericks. I have a very diverse family and some of my best friends, my closest friends, are diverse and even if I dont agree with them I respect them and do not talk down to them and when I talk to them you know I wont tell someone else something different or call them bitter or different. And you know, when we talked and I found out we ha dsome things in common and I said you betcha I'm ready to take on with reform, but let me get back to job creation because Obama wants you to pay more and have less job creation along with and reductions. And theres another story there, I think anyone who can promise things and then not do that is another story.
uncanny

Nimgimmer
Jun 13, 2003

Oh yes kitties! Please fight!
Fun Shoe

Bootstamps posted:

Darn tootin' you can! John McCain and I understand the value of friendship and loyalty, and you sure as heck know that the values you and I grew up in in Alaska maybe aren't the values that big time politicans in Washington to aspire. Now as Vice President John McCain will be president by who the shots are called, not myself, but as the Vice President I sure can make recommendations for qualified servant leaders from our small towns who we know and trust so well. As a Book Barn buddy, how would you feel if I recommended for you the Song of Ice and Fire?

gently caress yeah, government butter here I come! Although I dunno about the Song of Ice and Fire, it sounds too much like that warlock lovin Rowling chick.

/\/\/\/\
Right on, whatup Harry Potter?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
How do you plan to compensate for the fact that you never even had a passport, let alone left the country, before a year ago? What makes you confident that you can deal with aggressive or experienced foreign leaders?

Fortune Favors Diebold
Jan 22, 2007

vampirarchist posted:

Governor Palin, what would be your battle strategy should the unthinkable happen and you become Commander-in-Chief during a war against Russia?

God forbid that would ever happen, but I do have a plan. My plan has many details and let me tell you some of those details for dealing with Russia right now because we have a detailed plan. First, we would not sit down at a kitchen table with Russia, we will stand up to Russia, no putting those fannies on anything. Second, we need to keep an eye on Russia from Alaska but also with our friends and allies who have thier eyes on Russia as well because Russia is an oil producing country and not everyone knows that but of course I know that. We have oil in Alaska and natural gas too and we have a pipeline, the nations largest infastructure improvement to provide the united states with energy independance because thats the key to economic security and security from foreign nations, rouge states and terrorist organizations as well. Right now we are free but think of all the extra freedom we would have with freedom from the oppresion that is foreign oil and gas?

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008
Mrs. Palin, raise your hand if you would take out Osama Bin Laden if the US had intelligence on his whereabouts, if you only have 20 minutes to act, but doing so would cause civilian casualties.

Fortune Favors Diebold
Jan 22, 2007

crispyseaweed posted:

Mrs. Palin, raise your hand if you would take out Osama Bin Laden if the US had intelligence on his whereabouts, if you only have 20 minutes to act, but doing so would cause civilian casualties. - Wolf Blitzer

Doncha know I hunt wolves?

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006
Sarah, Joe Biden met the greatest man that ever lived, JOSEPH BROZ TITO. Who have you met that could, in some far off galaxy, come close to the greatness of this man?

Fortune Favors Diebold
Jan 22, 2007

Pr0phecy posted:

Sarah, Joe Biden met the greatest man that ever lived, JOSEPH BROZ TITO. Who have you met that could, in some far off galaxy, come close to the greatness of this man?

There are 3 men that are great and a part of my life. One is my son Track, who as a young man has decided to serve his country to let us all be free and to free the hearts and minds of all the Iraqs in the world. Track, i want to give you a shout out darling, stay safe, I know its very hot there.

The second man, is my husband Todd. A fisherman, a dog-racer, a provider and a wonderful man. Honey, I love you, and thank you for being so supportive. he is the father of my children and the greatest American I know.

The third man is John McCain. And let me tell you something, John McCain is like Mr. Tito. John McCain has been in a prison camp as well, and i would put John McCain's record up against anyone's. John McCain knows how to win a war as a Maverick and would not resort to your Tito's principles of redistribution of wealth principle. John McCain will work with allies and will not increase your taxes but will accompany job creatution with tax reductions and create jobs.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

crispyseaweed posted:

Mrs. Palin, raise your hand if you would take out Osama Bin Laden if the US had intelligence on his whereabouts, if you only have 20 minutes to act, but doing so would cause civilian casualties.

Seriouspostin in LF: Better version of that question involves US civilian casualties and how many Bin Laden is worth.

Fortune Favors Diebold
Jan 22, 2007

I see the little light flashing so I'll tell it to ya straight, I'll get back to ya with more answers next time I get this kind of opportunity to talk to you, the people, craving straight talk, middle class Americans who are strong with and soon you'll know even more about whats goin' on in this here head of mine. Common sense is what we call it in on main street, Wasilla.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Governor, Palin, how hard is it to manage both the rigors of running for the vice presidency and spending time with your family? Is it tough on the kids to see mommy smeared and mischaracterized by partisan hacks desperate to destroy our American values?

/hannity

Typhoon Jim
Sep 20, 2004

space moo
what is your feeling on no-touch icing

FIRE CURES BIGOTS
Aug 26, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What do you think about witches?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Who is John Galt?

Fortune Favors Diebold
Jan 22, 2007

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Governor, Palin, how hard is it to manage both the rigors of running for the vice presidency and spending time with your family? Is it tough on the kids to see mommy smeared and mischaracterized by partisan hacks desperate to destroy our American values?

Well you know, partisan smears and mischaracterizations are nothing compared to what you might hear at a hockey rink during the playoffs! *giggles* Darn right its hard but I'm not complainin', when the going gets tough the tough get going is a motto I like to live by and I know that families like Todd and I and our beautiful children, well, we're the toughest around. Thats what the American middle class is and thats what John McCain was talking about when he talks about the fundamentals of our economy and I just want to say that Barack Obama does not think that the fundamentals are strong and thats why he doesnt support our middle class or support our troops and when Barack starts talking about helping our our middle class I just say "thanks, but no thanks", get out of the way government, the mavericks are here!

Fortune Favors Diebold
Jan 22, 2007

perianwyr posted:

what is your feeling on no-touch icing

I think we should follow the rules that have been put forward by the founding fathers of this country when they wrote the Constitution since they are the fathers of our democracy. But they were very wise and while following the rules we still have flexibility, so when the lineman says its time for a faceoff because of icing, I say that it depends on who's shooting. When we're shooting we cannot stop because that would be surrender.

Let me tellyou one other thing about a different sort of icing though. When I became governor the first thing I did was fire the cook when I was governor for reducing taxes and wastful spending. And she made the best cakes and though my kids sure as heck miss her and her icing I can tell you with straight talk that we dont need it.

BABY FINLAND
Jun 14, 2008

by Peatpot
shawty i just wanna know how you fit all that in them jeans

A BIG BAG OF KEYS
Feb 17, 2007

semper gitfiscal
free fedallah
viva la revoluçion

Fire posted:

What do you think about witches?

get out

Fortune Favors Diebold
Jan 22, 2007

BABY FINLAND posted:

shawty i just wanna know how you fit all that in them jeans

*blows kiss*
*winks*
*giggles*

This is a team of Mavericks.

A BIG BAG OF KEYS
Feb 17, 2007

semper gitfiscal
free fedallah
viva la revoluçion
governor palin, what do you think of metallicas new album

Kekkoslovakia
Dec 21, 2004

by mons all madden

I think we should follow the rules that have been put forward by the founding fathers of this country when they wrote the Constitution since they are the fathers of our democracy. But they were very wise and while following the rules we still have flexibility, so when the lineman says its time for a faceoff because of icing, I say that it depends on who's shooting. When we're shooting we cannot stop because that would be surrender.

Let me tellyou one other thing about a different sort of icing though. When I became governor the first thing I did was fire the cook when I was governor for reducing taxes and wastful spending. And she made the best cakes and though my kids sure as heck miss her and her icing I can tell you with straight talk that we dont need it.

First it was funny but now I'm scared we're going to have to call somebody to exorcise Palin out of you.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

The Wogosphere posted:

First it was funny but now I'm scared we're going to have to call somebody to exorcise Palin out of you.
who could do that though

who you gonna call

Typhoon Jim
Sep 20, 2004

space moo

god drat, I can picture her telling barry melrose this and him going "ok fine I'm going back to coaching gently caress this noise" (which actually he did)

Fortune Favors Diebold
Jan 22, 2007

ANTEATER 4 PREZ posted:

governor palin, what do you think of metallicas new album

Mr. President, let me first say it is an honor to meet you and to be given this opportunity. Some people might think that just because I live in Alaska that I dont get the new albums but I do, I get all of them and I listen to any of them, all of them whenever they're in front of me. Let me say this about it though, I am not a fan of Death Magnetic because I am strongly pro-life. My daughter Bristol is pregnant and we are overjoyed to have her make the choice to bring life into this world, not death. If you want to talk about people with magnitism who are for death, talk to Barack Obama, but me, in my community, in small towns, the values are to promote life.

A BIG BAG OF KEYS
Feb 17, 2007

semper gitfiscal
free fedallah
viva la revoluçion
I need some ribs. I'm hungry and I'm going to order some ribs. I'm ordering ribs. Sarah, do you need a rib?

Fogie
Mar 1, 2003

Bootstamps posted:

their Mandingo rights
sweet crackers

Fortune Favors Diebold
Jan 22, 2007

ANTEATER 4 PREZ posted:

I need some ribs. I'm hungry and I'm going to order some ribs. I'm ordering ribs. Sarah, do you need a rib?

This campaign is about important, very important issues that are not necessarily gender specific. And I believe that God did not intend for me to have an extra rib and that this ticket is the right ticket for America, as we progress our agenda that's going to lift up all Americans we will continue to eat well. Even if I dont have the support of all those who think that I need an extra rib I'm not going to change my positions in order to get some of these groups and some in the media with thier filters and spin to try to woo them over. Don't have time to do that. We're moving forward on a ticket of reform with our team of mavericks.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

so i'm guessing you don't know who John Galt is, Sarah?

A BIG BAG OF KEYS
Feb 17, 2007

semper gitfiscal
free fedallah
viva la revoluçion
Thank you for your time, Governor. One last thing before we end the debates tonight: How do you feel about goldmining, and goldmining of this thread in particular?

Hysterical Woman
Nov 27, 2007
Mrs. Governor, I have a question for you: what if you came home one night to find your family tied up and gagged, with socks in their mouths, they're screaming, you're trying to get in but there's too much blood on the knob...

don't hate me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A BIG BAG OF KEYS
Feb 17, 2007

semper gitfiscal
free fedallah
viva la revoluçion