Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnezldGu7JU

It's a laughably bad albeit catchy song, but the lead is really neat and I can't for the life of me recreate it. It strikes me as something similar to D. Ramirez remix of Bodyrox's Yeah Yeah, which I can approximate, but I can't touch this sound for some reason. I've been trying to use three detuned oscillators plus noise progressing via pitch bend rather than using glide to get the bendy effect, with one oscillator tuned a fifth above the others. Past that I'm lost. Ideas?

edit: I am so going to kick myself for procrastinating on writing my final philosophy of science paper for two hours trying to recreate this sound if they just used a sampler

nah thanks fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 16, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

usualhandle posted:

Hey, how do I get this sound:

That's Mars by Fake Blood. I'm pretty sure he's using a sampler, not a synth there. So he plays the notes on a synth, resamples it, loads it into a sampler, and away he goes.

• Locked thread