Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
http://home.vasteras2.net/mrlonghair/dt-sfam2kbonusdvdset-jetwindingdownsoundiwanttoreplicate.mp3

It's a one shot sample like a futuristic (jet) engine winding down with some effects on top, I'd like to use it in a liveset much like this original performance did to top things off at the end.

I've got a Korg KP3 (picked it up Thursday, love it) and Audacity (and the fruity loops 8 demo), I think I can find a lead synth as a base for this, but after that I'm not sure where to go or what filters to look for, and I don't dare to ask Jordan Rudess how he made that sound from 8+ years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Yoozer posted:

Is this good enough?

Very close but not quite (I've been through that DT DVD I sampled this from over a hundered times, can't get tired of it, so I know that sound very well), but you've given me a good idea of how to get it going with the KP3, and while doing so I figured out more good effect combinations to use for various purposes.

Best investment ever!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvwFQf8D44U

SH-1000 demo video. Haven't tried with Synth1 juat yet, had no luck with my real equipment either, but I'm looking to replicate the lead that starts just before the 3 second mark - and the beautiful bass that chimes in at five.

If I need to buy an analogue synth to get that sound then I will save up and do so, it has that spacey DiLeva sound I need. Still learning this synthesizing business, I might stumble upon it tomorrow, or get an idea of where I'm heading and eventually find it, but clues are welcome.

e. Bleepbass portamento is the closest I've come with my Yamaha RM1x, but still too far away from that exact sound

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 20, 2009

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

h_double posted:

Does anybody know what kind of drum machine Prince used in "When Doves Cry"? Specifically I am interested in the source of that sharp tock/clack sound that's around the 2 and 4 beat of the rhythm.

Linn LM-1

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Yoozer posted:

:v: I only smack people's heads verbally when they say they want to buy a new synthesizer or plugin because their previous one ran out of usable preset sounds :downs:

Smack me, I want a Buchla 200e!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Found another sound I want to re-create, the bubbly (probably chorused) lead 2m48s into http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7itqjWKbU4

Any immediate clues come to mind? Wish my EA1 was cool enough to replicate it.

• Locked thread