Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Heh, I've only ever had this incorrectly prepared, so I thought the eggs were supposed to be scrambled. This is a revelation. Will have to try this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Hay guys I found a recipe for vegan pancetta.

http://vegandad.blogspot.com/2009/01/pasta-and-potatoes-with-tofu-pancetta.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
On a more serious note--there's an Italian restaurant down the street from my office that does a proper, "pure" Carbonara with fresh linguini. Good stuff.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
The balance between cheese, egg, black pepper, and pancetta flavors is key.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

vgb20t posted:

Ohhhh i make a much meaner Carbonara. I put mushrooms, onions, and a bunch of other herbs in mine. Also i like to use bacon instead of Pancetta for mine.
So how 'bout you post a picture of this mean Carbonara, smart guy?

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Here's mine. I'm only using parm reg, which is fine with me. Egg scrambled a teeny little bit, but it was like this when I ate it in Europe too, so I can live with it.

Edit: When there's no cream in the sauce [go suck it, Olive Garden], the dish is at a good level of heartiness. Not what I'd call light fare by any means, but I also don't feel like I want to go to sleep afterwards.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Good work, Sapphaholic! Keep it up!

Timo posted:

KRAFT 100% GRATED PARMESAN
I always wondered what the 100% meant, since a glance at the ingredients shows that there's crap in there like cellulose and preservatives. Maybe they mean it's 100% grated? That is, that there's no big wedges of cheese or cheese sticks in there?