Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

That sounds awesome. I just started reading Code's Soft Science... and it's really good. I also FINALLY saw Faster after trying unsuccessfully to watch my friend's copy for over 2 years. I really, really enjoyed it and Ewan MacGregor's narration made me want to check out that enduro ride thing he did. Has anyone seen any of that?

You talking about the "Long Way Around" and "Long Way Down" shows? I really enjoyed them and bought both. For the first one, 'Around, make sure you get the UK version if you can, it's got extra footage the US one doesn't (though I think they fixed that but can't remember).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

Zenaida posted:

Which two?

This is in response to...

Tindjin posted:

Hell no! Great engine and I love my wee-strom (Suzuki DL650 V-Strom). Okay if I had the money it would be two different bikes in my garage (neither a suzuki v-twin) but until the economy comes back it's 1 bike and this one does everything I need/want right now.

I have two types of riding that I like to do most. First is going out in the desert and exploring. For that I'd like a DRZ-400 or something similar with a larger aftermarket fuel tank. Something I can still ride on streets but light/small enough to do some technical riding.

Second is chewing up miles, preferably with lotsa turns. For this I'd like something more like an FJR1300, some protection but still sporty enough to have fun in the turns.

Of course if I had piles of cash sitting around there would also be a custom cruiser and some classic bikes in the garage but that's for when I win the lottery. Until then the Suzuki does me just right with being able to explore on and off road and it's drat good in the corners for not being a sports bike.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
Concerning the biker wave.. I always wave at everyone. I get waves back from the Harley guys UNLESS they look spit polished (leathers and bike) and look like they ride it because it's a perfect day and their wife said it would be okay that day. All the regular Harley riders wave. The other group I get less waves from are the Harley wannabes but that bought a jap cruiser and wear full leathers, it's like they think they belong to the Harley guys only if they don't wave.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

OrangeFurious posted:

Just gotta say, that is one sexy looking bike.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
Anyone drink the FJR1300 flavored coolaid?

Seriously thinking about getting one for a longer distance machine. Fell in love with my friend's 07 so I've been researching them. Just wondering if any goons ride one.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

OrangeFurious posted:

As I recall Wisconsin and Arizona are also sans chapeau.

New Mexico doesn't require a helmet for people over 18.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

PitViper posted:

I think today is the day I finally "park" the bike for the year. The next week is forecasting for highs in the mid-upper 30's, snow/rain mix, and cold nights. I guess a March-November riding season for Minnesota isn't ALL bad, right? :(

Bummer. Come to NM. Year round riding, especially in the city. Only a couple days of snow and wind bad enough to make open road riding dangerous. I think this last year we had something like 326 days of sunshine.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
Ack.. Moved to picture thread.

Tindjin fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 23, 2011

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

clutchpuck posted:

That's a Kawasaki! Notice how it isn't crashing (?)

True but what I really want to know is how large the hole in the helmet is that they cut out to fit her pony tail?

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

nsaP posted:

Does anyone carry while riding? Long story ahead skip it for the short bit:

I have carried occasionaly while on rides but that was mostly when out in the boonies off road and such. Urban travels or around town it's not worth it for reasons stated above. Don't escalate, just squash your ego and take off. I do carry an ASP in my tank bag but the throttle is always first choice.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
Just got notice of the two major toy runs in my area. I've ridden in large groups a lot, though typically these days I only ride with a couple of people but I love toy runs.

Gonna get dressed up for it and decorate the SV. I'll post embarrassing pics later this month.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
Anyone watching "Hell Roads" on Discovery? They are highlighting the Tail and interveiwing Hellboy photog. Never seen this specific show before but it might be a good scouting program for fun areas to ride.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
Ugh.. so pissed off right now. Just ordered a new chain for the SV to replace the new chain (and sprokets) that I replaced just 3 months ago.

Why??

Because some colossal jackass cut the chain with (probably) a pair of bolt cutters.

Yup you read that right. I came out of a movie this evening and thought something looked odd, bent down and my chain is laying half on the ground. Still in a moment of "WTF?" and I look at a couple of other bikes (probably 20 in the motorcycle parking section) and half of the bikes with chains/belts are all cut.

Police have the person on camera but it's a lovely parking lot vid so nothing will probably happen and the movie theater is paying half only because their "security" was no where to be found and took 10min when the manager tried to find them.

Seriously who the gently caress decides to do this? I've never even heard of someone going around and cutting the motorcycle chains.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

MrZig posted:

Probably just a pissed off BMW owner with a failed final drive.

Lol no doubt.

Luckily I was at the movies with my financee and she ran me back to the house so I could get my truck and trailer. We loaded up about 5 bikes on it and I took those people home that hadn't already called tow companies or friends. At least my karma is full up for a few months.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

There are so many better ways you could really gently caress somebody on a motorcycle too if your intent is to be a dick. I'd probably loosen the brake bleed valves and snip the R/R wires if I wanted to ruin somebody's day. One immediate problem and one problem that would show up in about 10 miles.

Kids nowadays, no creativity I tell ya.

Already plan on going over the whole bike just to make sure nothing else was done as I thought about that also.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

Endless Mike posted:

What is she financing?

Not much after she paid off her car loan. (insert comedy drum roll)

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

NitroSpazzz posted:

Time to photo whore out the GG300 again. Right side kick start, exhaust and kick stand.

Semi-common on goofy trials bikes.

I want a trials bike so bad. I've gotten to ride a couple of them and am completely hooked.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
I was cleaning up my office this morning and ran across something...

Hard to believe that was 5 years ago now.

Anyone know where the little porker is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
This weekend was a major clean up and organization effort in my garage in preparation for a couple projects.
Came across this little guy and got a bit nostalgic..

Looking down at Albuquerque about 5500 feet below.