Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think I hang out at the local Duc dealership too much. It makes me feel guilty for not owning one :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Phat_Albert posted:

A friend of mine had a 2000-ish TT 600, and it was a huge pile of poo poo. Take that as you will.

Weren't the old 4 cylinder models not so great? I know the newer triples are supposed to be ok

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I finally got to see one of these today :)

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

I also got to meet Larry Pegram, got an autograph and got to ask a question :)

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it was a pretty good event. I didn't really like the way they were doing the demo rides this time though :(

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I wear safety gear but I don't normally commute to my new job, do I not count as an enthusiast now? :( It makes me kind of miss my old job because I used to ride there and then to class and everywhere all the time during the spring/summer/fall :(

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I rarely don't wear riding pants, which is amusing considering the last time I had a fall I banged up a knee pretty well but the rest of me was fine

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

8ender posted:

Be sure to also pick up a copy of "Why would they do this? Your Guide to Repairing Honda Motorcycles"

Unit pro link sure is a neat concept

*impossible to adjust preload*

:(

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ofrr_LWKLE

Most awesome video :c00lbert:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I like the MP3, it's like a new Honda Gyro :neckbeard:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
What is up with gas stations in this town, first two I went to tonight had no premium :argh:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I hate waiting around for stuff, I normally just end up buying it at local shops :shobon:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I kind of want a monster 1100 (or maybe go crazy and get a streetfighter). I've wanted to own a Duc for a while and I think it would be nice to have a bike that won't punish me too much for wanting to ride all day around town and on the freeway. I kind of want to start riding track days as well. It would probably be great if I could use my CBR for that and then use a monster or something as a street bike :) That costs $$$ though :( Maybe I should use my CBR as a trade and then buy some other guys old track bike at a later date :shobon:

Maybe I should do the smart thing and just keep with what I have (get some Heli bars or something if I really can't stop whining) since I do want to start grad school sometime :shobon:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

We believe in black... because it doesn't show dirt... or weakness.

I'll show Joe who's wrong about the Robertson account on Monday

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Guess this forum is my new motorcycling home some sperglord moderator ran me out of the one with guys I've been posting with for years :(

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

blugu64 posted:

what?

It would be a little E/N so I'm not really going to go into it haha

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm unposting it I was venting a bit haha

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
All this brake talk reminds me that I need to bleed mine and get ready to start winterizing

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I saw that they have rather cool luggage for the new Monsters today. I am so tempted :ohdear:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Linedance posted:

I switched to my snowboarding gloves last winter and it was a night and day difference. Gore-Tex, leather palm, insulated and waterproof, my fingers were toasty all commute. Granted I don't deal with the kind of winters that make sane people park their bikes until spring here, but 2-3 C with drizzle is a pretty miserable experience with single-ply perforated leather gloves at 75mph. (And to be honest, on those sorts of days I just take the underground to work now because I'm not a masochist)

RS Taichi makes really awesome cold weather gloves :D

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Honda needs to lay off the engineering drugs, I can't believe what a puzzle box getting my rear brake off is :psyduck:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
It's funny how much heat a cat will hold. Not too long after I get back from a ride the header pipes will have cooled down but the cat will still be pretty warm.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

PitViper posted:

I think today is the day I finally "park" the bike for the year. The next week is forecasting for highs in the mid-upper 30's, snow/rain mix, and cold nights. I guess a March-November riding season for Minnesota isn't ALL bad, right? :(

It's getting to the point here where I only really ride on the weekends now and then and I'm thinking I should just put it away, but I know there are probably a few more nice days left

I don't know :(

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I was fine for like the first month and a half, but now that we're over two months into this thing called 'winter' (and a crappy one at that), I'm really starting to get bike fever :(

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
The weirdest cop-motorcycle experience I've had is when I was sitting at a light on my CBR and a police officer pulled up next to me on a CBR...

We had a short chat at the light, he just asked me what year mine was and such. I don't think he was a motor cop, just a police officer riding a bike somewhere (home maybe?)

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I saw the local dealer had an S1000RR at a show not too long ago, had it at like >$16,000, must of had all the bells and whistles or something?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

MrZig posted:

Just thought I'd point out that that is loving awesome, and it makes me want a Ducati now just so I can say it.

Me too, I guess maybe I should have jumped when I had the chance. Oh well, guess I'll give it a couple years :(

It is starting to warm up and not snow, I can feel it coming

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Heh, that's what you get for riding beyond the local coffee shop :smug:

Guess you should have opted for the extended warranty and maintenance package

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've watched a guy in Iowa ride around with his helmet on his arm. He must of ripped it off the second he crossed the bridge or was planning on crossing it later in the ride :(

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

New Multistrada review!

http://www.ashonbikes.com/content/ducati-mts1200-multistrada-s

Conclusion:

I got to check it out in person a few weeks ago, it was very nice. If I was in the market for a bike like that I would be all over it. One of my friends was considering holding off purchasing a Hypermotard for it. I like how they've increased the maintenance intervals for that engine.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

2ndclasscitizen posted:

What is this "riding season" you speak of?

What's this 'perpetual summer' you speak of?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I want the crash protection bits I ordered the other week to get here already :( Now I have this worry that I will crash my bike after two years while the stuff is on order :tinfoil:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yay, parts came in :D

CycleSector needs to work on their site a bit because as far as I can tell they haven't even shipped yet.

It is a nice surprise to come home to though. Pics to come I guess :D

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Pic

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Marv Hushman posted:

Our local State Farm agent said, "We basically look at the engine size."

Yeah, all my agent wanted to know is how big it was haha

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

M4gic posted:

Man it was a rough night to ride in Omaha. A car pulled up along side me and started throwing stuff at me and yelling. Turned an enjoyable ride into an irritating one. Have you guys ever had people throw stuff at you?

It was me

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Somebody already 12 o'clocked their brand new S model Multi around here recently

I had trouble figuring out the exact sequences to turn them on/off and get the steering lock to work haha

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Ugh, the humidity

I kind of wondered what a terrible day of weather could be like, then today happened and now I know

Like 82% humidity and 98*F

It's like living over a pot of boiling water, it hurts to live

Arcteryx Anarchist fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 15, 2010

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I either hit a very large moth or a bat riding home tonight. It was large and made quite the impact against my chest.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
It's made for Ducatis and it's CF, do you really need to ask questions?

I took a Speed Triple out for a test ride the other day. I liked it quite a bit, it was pretty comfortable and easy to ride. My only real complaint was the gearbox didn't seem to have quite the same positive feel on engagement that I'm used to. The course wasn't bad, just a little 12 mile ride from one town to the next down some gently curving roads.

It was a pretty interesting event, there were a lot of cool classic bikes there. There were also a lot of Harleys and other bikes there though and it was in Iowa so no helmets to be found. It was kind of like Sturgis part II really. It was the first time I've seen a company do through checks that everybody has the required gear and have things to lend out if they didn't ( it's also the only one I've been to where you had to be 25+ to ride ). Some of the (old) dudes I was riding with scared me a bit though. One guy dropped the Rocket3/Thunderbird he was on as we were turning out of the starting area. They also seemed to have trouble operating the turn signals and staying within the lines on those gentle curves :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Guess I know where I'm going next summer on my two week tour back to Colorado, down to Phoenix, Over to California, then up to Seattle. How was the BMW? I've never ridden a real liter bike.

I discovered driving from Nevada back to here is pretty awesome (minus everything after Denver to Omaha)