Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.

Ola posted:

ATGATT motherfuckers.

Gearhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.
I walk around in full gear when I'm parked. I'm always the most bad rear end shopper at the supermarket.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.
That's one slick looking bike. Also loud looking. And uncomfortable looking.

But that's one slick looking bike.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.
High five, fellow bike buddy!

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.

Collateral Damage posted:

Or just put a cloth streamer on it.

I have the same streamer but I put it on my disc lock reminder cable instead. More sense is made that way.

The lone ignition key detaches from the main bike key ring for scratchless motorcycling pleasure.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.
Yay for suspension thread!

I'm definitely no expert but I think I have learned enough to know that most people have no idea what makes suspension god or bad. Maxing out the rear preload is NOT a universal fix for everything.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.

A MIRACLE posted:

How do you fix that? Buy another biek?? My fz07 feels exactly like that .

I have an MT(FZ)-07 too but I don't know enough to determine what upgrades are worth the money and effort. The stock suspension only have rear preload adjustment so there's not much you can do without taking stuff apart and upgrading components. Springs are pretty cheap and easy to swap but that doesn't do anything for damping. And I think the front harshness and rear pogo effect are mostly related to damping. I don't weigh that much so I think the stock spring rates are pretty OK for me.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.
Anyone in the motorcycle business know how the economics behind warranties and service costs work?

Yamaha offers 5 year warranty on the MT-07 but requires it to be serviced at an authorized Yamaha shop at regular intervals. Does the shop need to pay Yamaha big bucks to get the "authorized" stamp from Yamaha? Does Yamaha price the bikes lower and recoup the loss by forcing customers into ridiculous service rates?

For example; the 10000km service is really just an oil change and some basic inspection and lubing. Should take the shop less than an hour. Quoted $470.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.
I'm in Sweden so probably EU law applies, and EU laws are pretty consumer friendly. If the engine ever grenades I think it would be hard for Yamaha to prove the damage was caused by poor servicing, especially since I'm keeping a record of all service items.

I wonder if they seriously think that servicing a motorcycle is so difficult only a trained and certified professional could do it. The service manual says that certain steps require special tools, data and technical skills. Extremely technical things such as checking brake switches, adjusting the throttle tube or checking tire tread/pressure.

I would agree that having a service manual as reference should be a requirement for anyone doing maintenance though.