Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirk
Sep 20, 2005

The truth never set me free so I'll do it myself.
I suspected something was coming loose on my bike because it's been making rattly noises over bumps recently. I think I've fixed what was coming loose - the engine mount bolts, because I didn't tighten them enough after installing frame sliders.
:ughh:
To be fair, I think the manufacturer's instructions for installing them are pretty vague:

R&G Racing Products posted:

Tighten bolt until you feel some compression from inside the protector. Turn a little more so that you feel the compression increase slightly. Then apply a quarter turn. Do not overtighten as damage can occur to the bike. Do not exceed 40nm of torque.
Couldn't they just give an actual torque figure? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirk
Sep 20, 2005

You've left out the party of the story where you do a wheelie.

A few weeks ago, I saw a Police motorcycle coming the other way, so I nodded at him and he nodded back. :buddy::respek::cop:

Smirk
Sep 20, 2005

The instrument cluster on my bike was making a horrible buzzing around 5000rpm, especially when decelerating from higher revs. I managed to isolate it to the actual casing of the cluster resonating, and finally solved it by buying sound deadening material, cutting out a hand-sized piece, and sticking with spray adhesive to the inside of the case. :neckbeard: Now, at the same revs, there's just a subtle hum.

Bike is a 2008 Honda Hornet CB600F, including this information for the benefit of anyone with the same problem searching for a solution. Taking the buzz out of a Hornet - ironic, no?