Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!

Nerobro posted:

Anyone want a TC90?

I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!
Man, that chick who says ok in your video has such a girly voice.

Chill, where are your eyes at while kicking? For some reason it seems to help if you look at the ground just in front of your tire as you step through.

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!

gotly posted:

I had to put my bike in storage in a hurry and haven't had access to it since I put it away (November '08). This means I didn't get the chance to put Stabil in the tank. How hosed am I? Is my gasoline going to be a pile of sludge and will I have to clean the carbs?

It's a 2005 Ninja 250.

The answer is none... none hosed at all. My bike's sat for ~a year with just gasoline in it. You may have to clean the carbs if it's running funny, but it'll more likely than not be fine.

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!

Phat_Albert posted:

Nope, mods are a sunk cost, essentially. Maybe if you were looking at a bike with a stock exhaust, and one with a really nice aftermarket exhaust, the seller could leverage his/her way into a little extra for the nice exhaust, but not much.

Mods dont give a seller a license to ask for above bluebook value, which is exactly what most sellers take it as, and what most sellers do.

Rejetting? $100? Forget about it, jet kits add absolutely nothing to the sale price of a bike.

People really need to start reading.

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!
Christoff, everyone knows hair gel is the ultimate in head protection technology. :c00lbert:

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!
The only person who can decide if they're going to be comfortable going out riding is you. It won't be a big deal if you stop riding on the street. "People are insane" is a perfectly good reason. There are alternatives available like dirt and track if you still have an itch.

Give yourself time to think about it. Really worst case scenario if you don't have a bike for a few months - years is you buy one if you end up wanting it. The hopeful worst case scenario of having one then deciding you're not comfortable is you sell it.

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!
That's because the majority of sportbike riders are idiots who only come out to play when it's in the 70s. You know if they wear any protective gear it's bad for picking up chicks.

Yesterday was 53 out. I saw a guy riding a Honda Shadow on the way to my bike. Nero and I did about 25 miles last night. He rode his '83 Suzuki GS550, and I rode my '73 Yamaha LT2. Get a jacket with a liner. I was pretty freakin' toasty last night. It was a nice enough day, too, that my hands didn't get cold at all even with the Fox dirtbike gloves.

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!
That's totally not half. I could show you half a finger missing, but my dad's asleep. Seconding gory details on what you did, and GO TO PT. In addition, work your finger when you're not at PT like they tell you to. The people who had the toughest time were the ones not pushing themselves at home. I know it hurt him quite a bit, but my dad kept pushing on his finger to make it bend, and he ended up having a fairly speedy recovery.

Also, buy some warm gloves for the winter. You're going to feel that. Be prepared to be dropping things more often. On the bright side, you'll start meeting a lot more people who have chopped off fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!

null0ne posted:

That is exactly what happened (caught between chain and sprocket while cleaning). Clearly my brightest moment. Also, I can do better than gory details. I have pictures.

The blood vessels in the index finger were "obliterated", so they took these horrible clipper things and cut the bone off piece by piece. It is now a few cm shorter than where you see the fun beginning in the picture. The middle finger is missing a bunch of skin and might have "light" nerve damage, but should be alright once poo poo grows back.

Ooooh ok. You did the same thing my dad did. Only he did it to his middle and ring fingers by clearing out a snow blower. ("It wasn't SUPPOSED to be turning." Yeah, ok, Dad.) It'll definitely hurt, but you'll be fine in the long run. :) Good luck with your recovery!

You may also want to avoid the following:
  • Working on a running 4 wheeled vehicle, especially while pressured to do it quickly
  • Placing your hand anywhere near a running saw, safety feature on or not
  • Removing grass from a running lawn mower
  • Punching a box fan

Classic Halloween tip for ya: Get a rubber finger. Cut to fit over your index finger. Fill with fake blood. Find victims and "bite off" your fingertip.