Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheAmbassador
Nov 21, 2005

by Ozma

Original.Evil posted:

A girl I knew had one ~10 years of age and remembered nothing, I don't think many people do. She also lost a lot of her long-term memories from before the seizure but still developed new long term memories, i.e. now she's 18 and remembers being 13 but doesn't remember things from 9 years old very well.

Also, Nannypea: are they grand mal seizures, or (forgive my lack of medical terminology) the sort where you sort of space out and possibly fall over?

I had 7 grand mals in high school, and I remember each of them in detail. For me, all but one happened at night. I'd wake up with my eyelids twitching, then my head would twist backward and I'd lose my sight. The only things I could feel were convulsing and severe pain in my neck from my head turning back so far. After about an eternity, I'd finally black out.

Only once did my family witness this, every other time I was alone. I couldn't sleep for a month out of fear of waking up into another seizure.

Edit: Finished reading the thread. Seriously, gently caress cancer. Just gently caress it.

TheAmbassador fucked around with this message at 12:08 on May 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU