Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

FAG posted:

CycloDS 1.5 Final released. Not much new for those who who have been getting the betas, unless you are a dirty PIRATE.

* Added the in-game text reader feature
* Battery saver mode added
* An alternative folder layout for game saves and RTS files is now supported
* Configurable rumble strength though settings menu
* Fixes to the cheat code engine
* GBA support dramatically improved and moved out of BETA. Saving problems should now be resolved and the 1MBit save type is now supported without the need to manually patch games
* Classic NES Series GBA games are now supported
* Added "cycle skin" feature which is similar to the random skin feature, except that skins are cycled in order and are not chosen at random
* Game compatibility fixes (2906, 2949, 2436, 2472)
* Various other bug fixes and improvements

As per usual don't even bother trying to download it from the teamcyclo website, here is the GBAtemp mirror

It's about time. Now maybe they can work on fixing their forums and re-open registration (which has been closed for, what, two months now?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Ninjasaurus posted:

I'd do it for Deal Extreme alone. I got a 4GB MS Pro Duo card there for my PSP awhile back for $10 including shipping. drat awesome deal.

Edit: And it appears it is around $7 now with free shipping. Wow.

I hope you realize it's not a real Memory Stick. Deal Extreme sells cheap knockoffs and counterfeit products, which is why they're so cheap. With a lot of things (like a CompactFlash to IDE adaptor), this doesn't really matter, but things like generic flash memory can be very problematic.

They're fine for simple things, but for something as complex as a Memory Stick, I personally wouldn't trust them.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Ninjasaurus posted:

Huh, it says Sony on it but I suppose it could be a knock off. Oh well. I backup regularly so I am not too concerned.

There's really no way it's legit for $10, but as long as you back up regularly, you should be fine. Not many people do, though, which is why I personally don't recommend Deal Extreme for flash memory.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
I recently picked up a DSi for the larger screen, so I decided to pick up an Acekard 2i from DealExtreme to tide me over until Team Cyclops comes out with a DSi-compatible card and I'm actually surprised with how good it is with the AKAIO firmware on it. It does almost everything the CycloDS does (except for real-time saves, slow motion, and reloading the last game you played) and has 9 save file slots for each game. The interface doesn't feel quite as polished, but that's a pretty minor thing.

It's good enough that I'll probably just stick with this for a while, unless the DSi-compatible CycloDS card is significantly better.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dunno if this has been posted: some company has developed a security tool that Nintendo and a bunch of third-party devs have adopted that will render ROMS unplayable on R4-style carts. From the looks of things it has something to do with the auto-DLDI patching that most cards do these days, but I don't have clue really. Interesting to see how well it actually works.

Ever since auto-DLDI patching became common, I've wondered why commercial ROMs didn't start trying to use it to detect carts that use it. I guess I don't have to wonder any more, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

fishmech posted:

Is there a reason I should order a card other than CycloDS Evolution other than price? I'm getting tired of my R4 only handling up to 2 GB.

Other than price, the only reason would be if you need DSi support, which the CycloDS doesn't have.

• Locked thread