Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
maybe enoch will decide to be nice and not kill them horribly :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Branigan posted:

maybe enoch will decide to be nice

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

honestly if it weren't for that drat morality we'd be better off with those two seers dead

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

honestly if it weren't for that drat morality we'd be better off with those two seers dead

give the to enoch and rock some derangements

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Danhenge posted:

give the to enoch and rock some derangements

but then we have to go all the way back to enoch's sanctum with seers on our backs, taking valuable time away from dispelling fate spell anchors!

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
we're headed back anyway, aren't we? i know i'm almost out of mana

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Branigan posted:

we're headed back anyway, aren't we? i know i'm almost out of mana

gently caress that

kill them all

kill all the seers and then enoch too and then kill the mages and then blow up the world muhahHAHAHAHAHA DEATH DEATH DEATH

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
join the seers

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Ferrinus posted:

join the seers

no dont

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ferrinus run mage

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

i have an elegant solution to the seer problem which will take me a mere three weeks to research in a well-stocked mystic library

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Dammit Who? posted:

i have an elegant solution to the seer problem which will take me a mere three weeks to research in a well-stocked mystic library

join the seers

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Dammit Who? posted:

i have a truly marvelous solution to this problem which this post is too narrow to contain

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

Ferrinus posted:

join the seers

ferrinus... an Exarch??!? :niggly:

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

do there exist campaigns where you play as a banisher or seer, and the banishers and seers are depicted as the good guys

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

do there exist campaigns where you play as a banisher or seer, and the banishers and seers are depicted as the good guys

yes

this one

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Ferrinus posted:

yes

this one

hah, this is the secret of the entire campaign

Ferrinus wants us to be seers

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

Danhenge posted:

hah, this is the secret of the entire campaign

Ferrinus wants us to be seers

you see, there aren't really any 'good guys' in this campaign, it's all a matter of perspective

indeed, magic and reality itself are also a matter of perspective

Contrabassoon
Jan 29, 2002
REALLY SHITTY POSTER
at the end of the series, samuel haight will wake up and the entire nWoD will just have been a dream

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

just wondering if
overall, today would
in fact be a
nice

time for
having some
exciting

storytelling and
exemplary roleplaying from
everyone as we
roll forward with our Mage game.
so does anyone want to play today?

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

some exciting storytelling and exemplary roleplaying

i must have been watching a different mage game than you :smug:

do you really plan to run mage?
i really
do think that would be fun

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

umm have you been watching the same mage games as i have :smug:

are you kidding, this game has some really well-realized characters. there's aron, enoch, case, ashley, bart,

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

are you kidding, this game has some really well-realized characters. there's aron, enoch, case, ashley, bart,

oh ferrinus

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

oh ferrinus

hey you haven't met ferrinus yet (he's a mortal who inexplicably has encyclopedic knowledge of every mainstream supernatural in existence)

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

he's also rakishly handsome

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

when we meet ferrinus matryoshka is going to put a round behind his ear

i'll take the wisdom hit gladly

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

when we meet ferrinus matryoshka is going to put a round behind his ear

i'll take the wisdom hit gladly

and then the universe in its entirely will dissolve immediately

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

and then the universe in its entirely will dissolve immediately

there are worse fates than being the Unraveller of the Cosmos

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

It should be apparent by now that I ask questions about a lot of things that deal with general questions and have nothing to do with the game going on right now. That said, what would be the mechanism for making a character who's not fluent in English?:

Language (<Native Tongue> 3)
Language (English 2)

or just

Language (English 2)

with a specification that he has a different native tongue than would normally be assumed?

(While I'm at it, I might as well ask which books I would need to Obtain in order to be a ST...)

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Among the earliest World of Darkness errata specified that the Language merit has only 1 dot. You can either speak it or you can't, and your level of accent is up to you.

A character whose native language isn't english would just be a guy, uh, whose native language isn't english. Specify somehow that it's Polish or French or whatever and then buy Language(English) for one merit dot if you want to be able to talk to fat creationists.

All you need to Storytell is the World of Darkness corebook and the corebook for whatever game you're running (just the corebook if you're running a mortals game, really; you can basically make supernatural poo poo up as you go along).

Whoever wants to play should start collecting in PC-OOC imo!

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

Among the earliest World of Darkness errata specified that the Language merit has only 1 dot. You can either speak it or you can't, and your level of accent is up to you.

Hm, you're lucky I only bought one level in Russian or I would be asking for some XP back!

quote:

All you need to Storytell is the World of Darkness corebook and the corebook for whatever game you're running (just the corebook if you're running a mortals game, really; you can basically make supernatural poo poo up as you go along).

Okay! Where would I find these errata?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Hm, you're lucky I only bought one level in Russian or I would be asking for some XP back!

Okay! Where would I find these errata?

White wolf home page, maybe? There's not that much.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

The Rat Hunt Part two completed!

+2 XP. 67 XP total.

+1 AXP for so that's how they take human bodies, exactly. 38 AXP total.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

Ferrinus posted:

The Rat Hunt Part two completed!

+2 XP. 67 XP total.

+1 AXP for so that's how they take human bodies, exactly. 38 AXP total.

what happened what happened aaaagh what did you seeeee

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Dammit Who? posted:

what happened what happened aaaagh what did you seeeee

Well, you were there!

They actually chew their way into the body of a living human and eat his heart~

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

Ferrinus posted:

Well, you were there!

They actually chew their way into the body of a living human and eat his heart~

i meant after that!

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Dammit Who? posted:

i meant after that!

we gave arrian to the rats and they made him into a husk and let us to the Rat King where we were crowned rulers of all creation and destroyed the Rat King in a treacherous betrayal

it was pretty badass you should have been there

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

we gave arrian to the rats and they made him into a husk and let us to the Rat King where we were crowned rulers of all creation and destroyed the Rat King in a treacherous betrayal

it was pretty badass you should have been there

heh the rat king is gay, your all gay, 0wned noobs!

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Dammit Who? posted:

heh the rat king is gay, your all gay, 0wned noobs!

also we gained +10000 AXP for seeing all the secrets of the universe, we have like gnosis a hundred, and six dots in every arcanum, even our inferior ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

mages ascendant