Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
what'd i miss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Here's official healing, it's unchanged from how you've used it but healing Agg. is tougher.

Heal Self (Life **)
The mage floods himself with the vital energy of the Primal Wild, restoring vigor and healing wounds. Healing magic invisibly alleviates bruising and shock, granting the caster the energy needed to keep going without any apparent effect on extant wounds. More greivous wounds demand more magic power, though, and literally seal and vanish before the eyes of onlookers.
Practice: Ruling
Action: Instant
Duration: Lasting
Aspect: Covert for Bashing, Vulgar for Lethal or Aggravated
Cost: 1 Mana
Rote Skill: Medicine
Each success on this spell heals the mage of one point of damage. This spell is Covert when used to heal bashing damage, but Vulgar when used to heal lethal damage. Life 3 is required to heal aggravated damage, and each point of aggravated damage healed past the first costs an extra point of mana to repair. A mage who cannot spend enough mana in one turn to heal his full allotment of successes in aggravated damage can concentrate on the spell, giving up future Instant actions to continue spending points of mana until he has "used up" every success rolled.

Healing Heart (Death, Life, Mind, or Spirit *** or Matter ****)
The mage learns to channel his healing powers into others.
Practice: Perfecting
Action: Instant, unwilling targets resist with Stamina
Aspect: Covert for Bashing, Vulgar for Lethal or Aggravated
Rote Skill: Medicine, Crafts for nonliving targets only
This spell functions as Heal Self, except it can target other beings as well as the caster. The mage must touch his target in the process of casting the spell - this is done reflexively, and the mage must succeed on a Strength or Dexterity + Brawl (mages using a handheld magical tool may substitute Weaponry) roll to touch his target if for some reason the target does not want to be healed. With Life 4, the mage can heal bashing or lethal damage at sensory range, and with Life 5 the mage can remotely heal aggravated damage as well. In addition to Life, a mage needs Death 3 to heal vampires and other "living" undead of bashing or lethal, Death 4 to cure them of aggravated damage, and in each case one more rank of Death to heal at sensory range.

Knowledge of this rote represents generalized healing lore beyond knowledge of a single spell. Any mage that knows Heal Self can learn this rote for only 2 experience points, and any mage that knows Healing Heart can use its dicepool to cast Heal Self instead. With Matter 4 (5 for aggravated), the caster of this rote can repair beings made of unliving matter, such as zombies, revenants, or golems. With Death 3 or 4, the caster can heal ghosts of Corpus damage; with Spirit 3 or 4, the caster can heal spirits similarly, and Mind 3 or 4 can "heal" astral or disembodied consciousnesses in the rare cases that they somehow suffer damage. This rote encompasses specific versions of those spells. A mage with Death 3 can purchase Healing Heart and use it to heal ghosts; later, when he learns Life 2, he can use this rote to heal himself, and with Life 3 heal other living beings as well as vampires.

This next thing happened to Solomon:

Hurl Into Shadow (Spirit ****)
Spirit Adepts can instantly translate themselves and their immediate accoutrements into the spirit world. With experimentation, some learn to impose the same condition on others. Spirit Roads remain necessary to allow others permanent passage into the Shadow, as subjects of this spell are pulled elastically back into the physical world by the Gauntlet shortly after their transportation, but allowing an alley a few seconds to bypass a real-world obstacle or subjecting an enemy to a few seconds of spirit attack is often advantageous. This spell also works in reverse, temporarily banishing a target in the Shadow to the material plane.
Practice: Patterning
Action: Instant, resisted reflexively by Composure + Gnosis
Duration: Special
Aspect: Vulgar
Rote Skill: Occult
The caster must touch the target to cast this spell, which calls for a reflexive Strength or Dexterity + Brawl (mages using a handheld magical tool may substitute Weaponry instead) roll in case the target is unwilling. If the spell is cast successfully, the target is instantly transported to the part of the Shadow Realm or material world corresponding to his immediate real-world/Shadow location. He remains there for one round for every point of spell Potency, at which point he is translated immediately back to the world he left. If the caster chooses, a "friendly" version of the spell can be cast that dissipates and pulls the target back to his original realm when the target wishes, but the target cannot remain in the world he was transported to for more turns than the spell's Potency regardless. Spirits hurled from the Shadow into the material world appear there in their natural incorporeal state, though they may manifest or materialize if they choose to. Should this spell somehow force them to remain in the physical world for an hour or more, they lose Essence as normal.

A Death 4 version of this spell called Hurl Into Twilight can turn physical targets incorporeal or unnaturally incorporeal subjects material. Ghosts subject to the spell are forced to manifest, but do not materialize. A caster with both Death 4 and Spirit 4 can cast both versions of the spell with the same rote; they don't need to buy it twice.

Here's the Official Psychic Attack!

Psychic Assault (Mind ***)
The caster of this spell assaults the mind of a thinking being with sheer telepathic force. Victims generally experience the attack as a splitting migraine, but it causes no real physical damage and leaves no normal evidence of any kind of assault. Overwhelmed victims simply pass out from the psychic strain, coming to later with no clear idea of what happened to them. Psychic Assault is weaker than most offensive spells, but its covert nature makes it useful in many situations in which lightning bolts or localized earthquakes simply aren't feasible.
Practice: Fraying
Action: Instant, subtract target's Resolve
Aspect: Covert
Rote Skill: Intimidation
The victim suffers one point of "psychic" damage per success. This damage accumulates and is healed like bashing damage. Once a target accrues psychic damage equal to or greater than their permanent willpower score, they are knocked unconscious. Just as with lost Health, the "last three" points of damage impose increasing wound penalties that do not stack with normal wound penalties. Mundane medical attention cannot repair the damage this spell causes, but it otherwise heals normally. The attack is completely undetectable by mundane senses, but magical or telepathic senses can detect both its source and target as normal.

A mage with Mind 4 can more badly fray a victim's mind, causing "psychic" damage that heals as lethal rather than bashing. Additionally, every success after the second rolled by an Adept inflicts a point of "damage" on the Intelligence and Wits of its target, possibly lowering Defense and penalizing dicepools relating to perception and cognition. This damage cannot reduce an attribute below 1, can be healed as bashing damage and each attribute "heals" back one dot every turn. With Mind 5, each damaged attribute heals at a rate of one dot every fifteen minutes, and can also be healed as lethal damage.

Though this spell is Covert, it can be prone to cause Disbelief. Sleepers might stare in shock as one among their number clutches at their head and screams, but one dropping after another after another will almost never be accepted as a natural circumstance by a group, and a person whose enemies are known to suddenly develop incapacitating migraines at any confrontation may find his psychic assaults taking on a Vulgar aspect right from the start.

Psychic Sword (Mind ***)
This spell turns the brain on the body, forcing nerves to misfire and vital processes to go haywire. Victims appear to manifest any one of a number of sudden onset and potentially lethal medical conditions, with heart attacks being probably the most common. A master of the Mind arcanum can inflict even greater damage, wreaking havoc with entire organ systems and leaving the victim's body a spasming wreck.
Practice: Unraveling
Action: Instant, subtract target's Resolve
Aspect: Covert
Rote Skill: Intimidation
Each success inflicts one point of bashing damage on the target. The mage may inflict lethal at Mind 4, and at Mind 5, an extra point of mana can be spent to deal aggravated. This attack relies on the target having an organic body subject to mishap, so while it will affect a mage or werewolf it will fail on a vampire, zombie, ghost, or spirit. The attack is completely imperceptible to mundane senses (though its effects are generally very obvious), but magical or telepathic senses can detect both its source and target automatically and the target is allowed an Intelligence + Wits + Gnosis roll penalized by the caster's Mind dots to realize that the mage is somehow responsible for the pain, exactly as if a Tell paradox had taken place. Each subsequent roll gains a cumulative 1 die bonus, but even a successful target will tend to forget just what was responsible for his malady if the spell knocks him out completely. Of course, a target knocked out by this spell will most likely never get up again. Using this spell, especially to inflict aggravated damage, very rarely fails to provoke degeneration checks.

Ferrinus fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 4, 2009

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

mmmmm, psychic sword, can't wait for mind 4

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
it's not a nice spell to cast man :(

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

it's not a nice spell to cast man :(

then i guess you'd better not let me get pissed off by any npcs you particularly care about!

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
derangements rule cast that spell everyday

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Branigan posted:

derangements rule cast that spell everyday

i think it's not so much the spell itself as the fact that using it would probably result in a lot of dead people, what with all the damage it does

seriously though once i get mind 4 i am going to gently caress up some brains, does psychic sword also cause the drop in intelligence and wits or do i have to drop down to assault for that

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

i think it's not so much the spell itself as the fact that using it would probably result in a lot of dead people, what with all the damage it does

seriously though once i get mind 4 i am going to gently caress up some brains, does psychic sword also cause the drop in intelligence and wits or do i have to drop down to assault for that

psi assault screws with their cognition

psychic sword commands their body to die

(there are also regular mind spells you can cast on people to debuff their mental/social attributes, you realize)

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

(there are also regular mind spells you can cast on people to debuff their mental/social attributes, you realize)

i want to use magic when i fight, shooting people all the time is getting a little old! i want to gently caress up people really really badly with just my mind, ferrinus

also can you have a quick look at my vampire in the other thread

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
hey ferrinus what would the stats look like for a polar bear (just so i know when i get life 4)?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Branigan posted:

hey ferrinus what would the stats look like for a polar bear (just so i know when i get life 4)?

I may fiddle with this later, but I'm thinking something like:

Strength 5, Dexterity 2, Stamina 5, Size 7, Speed (Str + Dex + 5), 1/0 Armor

It has a +2L bite attack and a +1L claw attack. The armor won't stack with your mage armor, just as any armor wouldn't.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

It has a +2L bite attack and a +1L claw attack. The armor won't stack with your mage armor, just as any armor wouldn't.

needs brawl like a motherfucker, man, those claws will gently caress you up hardcore

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Ferrinus posted:

would the bite attack count as a brawl attack or a weapon use attack?

would my speed merit transfer over to bear form or are physical merits lost on transforming?

and doesn't that strength seem a little low it's only one higher then the book gives for a guard dog

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Branigan posted:

would the bite attack count as a brawl attack or a weapon use attack?

would my speed merit transfer over to bear form or are physical merits lost on transforming?

and doesn't that strength seem a little low it's only one higher then the book gives for a guard dog

Bite is a brawl attack, your physical merits transfer over except where obviously inapplicable.

I might make the Strength go higher but rule that you can't increase any attribute above (Base Human Rating + Life + 1) no matter what you do so no endless stacking!

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Seriously, polar bears can get huge. I don't know if you're going to declare Medved can only turn into a little one by ST fiat. I saw a presentation on polar bears last semester, and there was a photo of a guy posing next to a tranquilized polar bear. The thing's mouth was big enough to bite his head off and its neck was big enough to swallow it whole. As a lover of nature, as an obsessive-compulsive perfectionist, and as a member of Medved's party, I humbly request that you make Medved's polar bear transformation as true-to-life as possible.

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
also i'm guessing the thing the core book says about animals defense being the higher of wits or dexterity only applies to real animals and not transformed mages, right?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Matryoshka posted:

Seriously, polar bears can get huge. I don't know if you're going to declare Medved can only turn into a little one by ST fiat. I saw a presentation on polar bears last semester, and there was a photo of a guy posing next to a tranquilized polar bear. The thing's mouth was big enough to bite his head off and its neck was big enough to swallow it whole. As a lover of nature, as an obsessive-compulsive perfectionist, and as a member of Medved's party, I humbly request that you make Medved's polar bear transformation as true-to-life as possible.

Yes, that would be why it's Size 7?

My main worry is stacking Honing with on top of a base Strength of 6 or 7, is the thing.

There's this... nerf... to magical attribute augmentation I've been pondering the past few weeks... I could implement it even as I stat out more liberal animal forms...

(The idea is this:

-You can covertly raise any attribute to [normal max], usually 5, for a scene.
-You can vulgarly raise any attribute to [normal max +1], usually 6, for a scene.
-You can vulgarly raise any attribute to [normal max + Arcanum +1], but as a transitory spell - it's gone in a few turns.

I just think the ability to boost any or multiple stats by [Arcanum] can get really hairy! Imagine if that Seer you fought also had 6s or 7s in Strength and Dexterity.)

branigan posted:

also i'm guessing the thing the core book says about animals defense being the higher of wits or dexterity only applies to real animals and not transformed mages, right?

yeah.

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Ferrinus posted:

-You can vulgarly raise any attribute to [normal max + Arcanum +1], but as a transitory spell - it's gone in a few turns.

:ohdear:

does the normal max take into account the normal max of the character's base form, or does it count whatever they've transformed into? and would the bonus disappear completely after a few turns, or would it just go down to normal max + 1?

also, would medved be able to chant in high speech as a bear at life 4 (i guess at life 5 i could magically make his bear form be able to talk?)?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Branigan posted:

:ohdear:

does the normal max take into account the normal max of the character's base form, or does it count whatever they've transformed into?

It'd be based on your shape, so a Strength 7 bear can become a Strength 8 bear. I may not do it, though.

Either way, assume your final attributes aren't going beyond your theoretical human-form maximums (base Str + Life + 1 if vulgar) no matter what.

quote:

also, would medved be able to chant in high speech as a bear at life 4 (i guess at life 5 i could magically make his bear form be able to talk?)?

Nope.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

ferrinus no, you should just nerf it so only the good guys can make themselves super, so the seers get nerfed but not us!

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
can rotes still be cast if a character transforms into an animal with less hand dexterity then humans? how intricate are the hand gestures you need to do to perform them?

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S PLANET EARTH: ICE WORLD: POLAR BEARS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, A POLAR BEAR. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN’ WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SEALS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SURVIVED THE WORLDS MOST DANGEROUS POLAR REGION. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERYDAY TO MAGES IN MY CABAL AND ALL THEY CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. TWO HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Branigan posted:

can rotes still be cast if a character transforms into an animal with less hand dexterity then humans? how intricate are the hand gestures you need to do to perform them?

I think you need to be human to cast rotes, but I may change my mind later!

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Mages! I wanna run today (the 26th) but at 9 or later since I might end up doing something before then~ holla back

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

Mages! I wanna run today (the 26th) but at 9 or later since I might end up doing something before then~ holla back

i will play on the condition that i get to buy mind 4 immediately and get to start wrecking people's poo poo psychically

oh who am i kidding i'll play anyway

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
iad

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Enoch Part Umpteen completed!

+2 XP. +1 doodle XP. 70 XP total.

+1 AXP for figuring vampires gain some sort of mystic value from mage blood!
+1 AXP for learning the Seer metaphysical perspective!

40 AXP total.

:siren:GNOSIS 3:siren:
pre:
* Mana:				12 max, spend 3 per turn
* Base Paradox Pool:		3 die
* Pattern Restoration/Scouring:	1 per day
* Ritual Casting:		1 roll per 1 hrs
* Spell Tolerance:		(Higher of unmodified Stamina or Gnosis)
* Spells Combined:		2
* Max Arcana:			5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1
Meditating at the sigil, you may also spend the XP to raise one of your Arcana to 4, right then and there - if you write a post describing your character's oblation :c00lbert:

Gnosis 4 happens at....... 72 AXP. Get investigating!

Ferrinus fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 27, 2009

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

:siren:GNOSIS 3:siren:

you may also spend the XP to raise one of your Arcana to 4, right then and there - if you write a post describing your character's oblation :c00lbert:

gently caress YES

is there any guidelines to follow regarding oblation or are we allowed to make one up completely

Nicolae Carpathia fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 27, 2009

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

"Beleth... Morax... Avnas..."

Blood is power. Blood is the living Tapestry incarnate, that flows through all higher life. It is a hot foam that seethes forever beneath the skin of the world. It is the endless font that drives the water-wheels of Creation. Cut three times at the sacred points, and mix the spilt blood with earth and water. So does the blood of the Tapestry find expression in the bones of the world. So you are part of the Tapestry, its blood your blood, its life your life.

"Astaroth... Haagenti... Glasya-Labolas..."

Names are power. Names are the defining force, the discipline that tames Chaos, the bright border between what Is and what Is Not. All things within the Tapestry are named, by line, by word, by sigil and character. There is no understanding Creation without the understanding of names. Cut three times at the profane points, and recite the names of the agathe daemones. So does the Tapestry encompass all, one from another, within its strands. So you are encompassed.

"Ba‘al Zebûb..."

Your blood twists through your arteries, a living sigil in three dimensions that names your ephemeral soul and binds it to Earth. The Awakened soul is magi and magic, the sorcerer and bound daemon in one. To understand this duality is to understand the secret heart of all things. Cut once. Through these seven wounds does enlightenment enter. By these seven wounds, the blood of the world joins the blood of the mage, and the name of the world encompasses the name of the mage.

Reach out, and take what is yours. Thus do you reaffirm your mastery. The seven wounds are healed. Thus does the Tapestry reaffirm your birthright.

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
Medved stretches his limbs, spreads his legs, and assumes one of the many stances taught to him during his tutelage in the Adamantine Arrow. Without a word to his fellow mages, he begins to work his way through one of the many forms of meditative martial arts he knows.

He feels the Primal Wild run from his center to his extremities, fueling his movements. His senses expand, measuring the life pulsing through his body down to the cellular level. Each breath brings teeming life into his body, each breath expels it out into the world. His senses grope his circulatory system, tracking the movement of a single oxygen molecule as it travels from his lungs, pushed along by his heart, to a cell in his quadriceps, where it is converted into energy to fuel a kick as he finishes up one form and switches seamlessly to another.

He hears his heart beat loudly and strongly in his ears, a drum pulsing with the Primal Wild. He feels the spirit of the Great Bear radiate through his body, feels the wild energies it brings him. The Primal Wild calls to him, and he answers it, reveling in the sheer quantity of life that floods his senses.

He feels Martyroshkya, sitting on a slab in the corner of the room. The older mage coughs, and Medved detects the life of countless virii on his breath; the Arrow is coming down with a cold. He feels Tombheart, still recovering from the long journey, still tired from lugging the Seer all that way. He feels Arrian, lost in his own oblation, Solomon, his life force tinged with the infernal, and the dog that is not really a dog laying near it's master. He feels the sightless fish that swim the depths of the underground lake next to him, the plant life and micro biotic organisms they feed on.

His senses expand again, and he feels Enoch, strained under the pressure of resisting the Seers' machinations. Farther and farther his senses stretch, out past Enoch's sanctum and into the woods proper. He feels the life of the forest, each creature individually and all together as a mass. He feels the hawk, gliding on the wind, hunting for it's prey. He feels the rabbit, burrowing, hiding from the hawk. He feels as the hawk snuffs out the life of the rabbit, as the rabbit gives birth, as the cycle of life continues onward. He feels as the forest breathes, taking life, giving it, and he is struck by an understanding he has not felt before. He understands the cycle, feels it in a way that stretches beyond dry facts and into tacit experience.

Medved's senses begin contracting inwards, out of the forest and back into Enoch's sanctum, then back into the lake chamber and into his own body. He comes back to the slow and rhythmic breathing of his own body, and he opens his eyes, ceases his movement. He blinks. Enoch wasn't exaggerating when he said the sigil focused the mind, he thinks.

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
ferrinus can we buy new rotes or do we have to wait for this current story to finish first?

e: plus i am interested in buying more status dots in the AA

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

Meditating at the sigil, you may also spend the XP to raise one of your Arcana to 4, right then and there - if you write a post describing your character's oblation :c00lbert:

woah. woah. nobody said any poo poo about play by post when i signed up. i refuse

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Branigan posted:

He feels Martyroshkya, sitting on a slab in the corner of the room. The older mage coughs, and Medved detects the life of countless virii on his breath; the Arrow is coming down with a cold.

hey hey what's all this about narrating my guy getting sick

Actually those rituals are pretty good! I like them a lot, although the bar has been set pretty high for my own. What's the deadline for them, Ferrinus? I have more stuff on my plate these days now that the semester has started.

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

hey hey what's all this about narrating my guy getting sick

Actually those rituals are pretty good! I like them a lot, although the bar has been set pretty high for my own. What's the deadline for them, Ferrinus? I have more stuff on my plate these days now that the semester has started.

used life arcanum to give him a cold dwi

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

woah. woah. nobody said any poo poo about play by post when i signed up. i refuse

write it in irc i wil c/p it here for you

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Branigan posted:

write it in irc i wil c/p it here for you

i dont have time to write it out tahts why all my posts today have been goatman

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

i dont have time to write it out tahts why all my posts today have been goatman

Socharis slowly disrobed at the edge of Enoch's lake. He took a deep breath in anticipation of what was the come, bending over at the waist. He focused all his mental images on his rear end as he slowly inserted one finger, chanting the ancient words... then a second, and the accompanying chant. Soon, he would form the mystic ring of power with his anus.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

I extracted this from ill_repute through intimidation:

Tombheart squeezes between the two final stalagmites and steps into a small, sandy cove on the far side of the underground pool. There's a click, and his flashlight is immediately snuffed out by the oppressive blackness of the cavern. There's some shuffling, cursing, and soon there's the sound of splashing as he wades into the water.

Thankfully, this lake has the benefit of being sunless- there isn't any algae that he could slip on. Some of the rocks could give him a nasty cut if he wasn't careful, though! After a near-miss with what must be a large granite boulder (half-sunken in lakebed), he slows to almost a crawl. Less than a minute later, he moves to take his next step- but his foot doesn't find purchase at all.

Tombheart finds himself standing unsteadily on the edge of what must be a rather large hole in the bottom of the lake; most likely one of the sealed underground rivers Enoch was talking about. Perfect. He inhales once, twice, and sits down in the freezing water. All the better for concentration.

Up until this point, he hasn't been able to see anything- there just isn't any light. So naturally, sensory deprivation begins to kick in. A point of light flickers into existence, then vanishes. Another, and he starts to see vague shapes forming on the periphery of his vision. He ducks underwater.

After about a minute, he resurfaces, breathing heavily. When he closes his eyes, the shapes are still there. He goes under again. They are with him underwater. And now he can see them clearly.

An hour later, a very cold and soaked Tombheart truges into Enoch's guest room, leaving wet footprints on the stone floor.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

I will have my Oblation ritual posted on or by Friday night!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i might run a solomon prophetic dream shortly, whoever wants to watch is welcome