Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Pattern Step (Space ***, Other Arcanum ***)
A variant of Portal, this spell exploits the sympathetic connection between the Patterns of inanimate objects objects to allow for instant short-range transportation. Depending on a mage's knowledge of the other Arcana, he might use this spell to step through shadows, fires, or trees, reappearing out of another Pattern of the same type many yards away.
Practice: Weaving
Action: Reflexive
Duration: Lasting or Prolonged
Aspect: Vulgar
Cost: None
Rote Skill: Athletics, Occult, or Stealth
The mage reflexively casts this spell as he moves into the space of an object or effect (such as a shadow or pool of water). He immediately disappears from his location and reappears in the location of an object of roughly equal magnitude anywhere in sensory range, where he can continue his movement if he has yards left to spare. So long as he has the mana casting a vulgar spell requires, the mage can cast this spell any number of times per turn, moving rapidly through a succession of objects.

The conjunctional Arcanum used to cast this spell determines what the mage can move through. Only Arcana that hold dominion over tangible phenomena qualify, and only visible, nonsolid objects or effects qualify (the mage must be able to literally step into the Pattern used):

Death: Shadows
Forces: Standing energetic discharges such as fires or electric arcs
Life: Yielding plant life (dense bushes or vines) or insect swarms
Matter: Liquids

Objects stepped through must have a Size at least equal to that of the mage. The mage must exit through a like phenomenon to that which he entered, so if he steps through a pool of water, he cannot step out through an oil slick. The mage actually makes physical contact with whatever he moves through, so a willworker intending to leap between fires or pools of acid would be wise to protect himself with other magic. Shadows the mage uses must be dark enough to almost totally obscure his body, providing a -3 concealment penalty or blinding enemies to his position alltogether.

With Space 4 and a conjunctional Arcanum of 4, the mage can move through completely solid Patterns and takes no damage for doing so. A reflexive Dexterity + Athletics or Brawl roll resisted by Defense may be needed to make contact with (for instance) an unwilling human body to allow the wizard to reappear out of another human two hundred yards away. Alternatively, for 1 extra mana, he could cast a single variant of this spell with a Prolonged duration, gaining the ability to move through a given type of Pattern for the rest of the scene.

Abundant Step (Space *****)
In Pandaemonium, location is a function of self-perception. So it is with the caster of this spell, who gains the ability to fluidly think himself from one position to the next from moment to moment, paying no heed to the dull and inefficient process of moving one's feet.
Practice: Patterning
Action: Instant
Duration: Prolonged
Cost: 1 Mana
Rote Skill: Investigation or Occult
For the duration of this spell, the mage's movement is augmented. Instead of moving his Speed on any given turn, he may choose to instantly teleport himself to any location within Sensory range. The Potency of this spell is used to contest any Wards or other effects that prevent teleportation. Locations the mage scries are considered to be within Sensory range for the purposes of this spell.

A mage who knows the Pattern Step rote may spend 4 experience points to "upgrade" it to the Abundant Step rote, becoming able to cast either as a rote spell.

Ferrinus fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
This spell is subject to revision.

Conjure Electricity (Forces ****)
Lights darken, and temperatures drop as the mage converts ambient energy into a potent electric charge that courses through his body. With a thought, he can release it into the world around him.
Practice: Patterning
Action: Instant
Duration: Lasting, Concentration or Transitory
Rote Skill: Occult or Science
Each success rolled adds 2B to the damage of the electric charge (so two successes make the caster the equivalent of a wall socket, five successes the equivalent of a subway rail, etc). This charge is contained harmlessly within the caster's body until he ceases concentrating. When released, the charge inflicts its damage on anything in physical contact with the mage, either directly or through some conductive medium such as water or metal. The mage can only hold one spell's worth of charge at a time - if he recasts this spell while holding a charge, he must choose which one overwrites the other. The electric charge itself is a Lasting effect, so the mage cannot simply choose to dismiss it after conjuring it; the Duration of the spell only measures how long a mage can contain the charge within himself before it escapes.

A mage may treat the electric charge he holds as a normal electric charge for all purposes. He may use his action on any turn to cast spells intended to affect the charge (such as Control Electricity to amplify or dampen it, or Influence Electricity to cast it forth at enemies) without losing concentration.

Each additional Target factor increases the number of shocks this spell can deliver (so by casting at a -4 penalty, the mage creates a charge that can be released three times rather than once), but the mage can only release one charge per round. Duration factors increase the amount of time the mage can retain the charge after he ceases concentrating. With Forces 5, the mage may cast this spell with a Prolonged duration, causing the electric charge to remain locked within him for up to a scene or more without any need for concentration.

At Forces 5, this spell may be cast at Sensory range, though its duration changes to Transitory. Instead of his own body, the mage just creates a furious malestrom of electricity at a point in space that he can perceive. This might be a single person or a pool of water many people stand in. Either way, the bashing damage the spell deals is applied immediately to the target or targets. Target factors create charges in multiple locations (though the damage from multiple charges does not stack on single targets) and Duration factors cause the charges to last for multiple rounds. If this spell is cast with an area of effect at Forces 5, the area is centered on the caster.

The damage dealt by this spell is treated as completely mundane damage from electricity and is reduced directly by any applicable armor and other damage-reducing supernatural effects so long as some potential means exists (a vampire's superhuman speed allows it to break contact almost immediately, an enchanter's fateful protection allows him to miraculously and inexplicably survive the equivalent of direct lightning strike, a necromancer's entropic shield nullifies and consumes the electricity even as it lashes out). The muscles of enemies damaged by this spell generally lock up and spasm with the voltage; affected enemies must succeed on Strength rolls to move from where they stand on their next turn.

A mage who knows Control Electricity can upgrade it to Conjure Electricity for 2xp, using the same dicepool to cast either spell.

Ferrinus fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 6, 2009

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

1 experience point for some cool roleplaying and 1 arcane experience point because what is that mysterious glyph...?

Interesting fact, anyone who contemplates the glyph can buy one of their mental attributes (or their Composure) higher with XP with zero training time. You just need to stare a few hours.

54 XP, 33 AXP

And here's the conversation, for those who missed it and are willing to destroy their vision trying to read it.

The Conversation posted:

<Ferrinus> Enoch didn't actually carve out a new room for the lot of you, you might have been disappointed to see. No, he led you down a short corridor to a bare, rectangular chamber and gestured with his staff to the floor, causing a number of stone slabs to simply rise out of the ground. He shuffled off without a word.

<Ferrinus> (The magic produced a paradox, too, though a minor one - the 'beds' still sparkle with blue light, though it's starting to fade.)

<Ill_Repute> Tombheart prods the nearest stone slab deridingly. "Comfy."
<Nicolae> Matryoshka shrugs off his pack and sighs, dumping it on the floor, thankful that he brought a bedroll. He nods at one of the slabs. "I call that one," he says, even-less-than-half-heartedly.

<Nicolae> "So what do you think of our host?" he asks, unrolling his bedroll and laying it out flat on a slab. He supposes it won't be any worse for his back than sleeping on dirt.

<trenchfoot> Socharis doesn't seem to mind the stone beds. He sets his pack on the closest one and lays down to rest for a while.

<Ill_Repute> "He's mysterium, so I trust his judgement." He likewise unrolls his sleeping bag on the nearest slab. "But all this time spent as a hermit in the mountains? Can't be healthy. Especially at his age."

<Nicolae> "He seems to be holding his own pretty well at his age, I'll give him that. But I have to wonder what sort of toll it's taking on him."

<NOTPAUL> "You people don't get any sort of longevity out of the deal, I thought. Why isn't he dead?"

<Ill_Repute> "There are a few spells that can extend life. I know of one in the death arcanum, ironically."

<Nicolae> "He seems like the sort of stubborn bastard who'll keep on going till he just gets bored." Matryoshka remembers about Forces mages and their relationship with sound waves. On the off chance Enoch's listening, he adds: "No offense."
<Ferrinus> There's no answer.

<Nicolae> Matryoshka gives a little shrug.

<NOTPAUL> "Well, one of you needs to ask him about healing. He messed Arrian up and my dog isn't getting any better."

<Nicolae> After a few minutes of sitting on his slab, sitting in silence, admiring the decor: "I hope he's got a shower set up somewhere in here. I'm getting a little back-to-nature."

<Ill_Repute> "Me and him are both mysterium, so maybe I can convince him to lend us some aid. Not sure if he knows the life arcanum, but maybe he has some bandages or something."

<Ferrinus> The sanctum isn't, from what you've seen, all that big. The old man can't be that hard to find.

<Nicolae> "He's probably familiar at least with Life. I remember reading a few mages' notes, commenting that he tried a little of everything." Matryoshka pauses a moment, as if realizing something.

<Ill_Repute> "Well, I guess I'll go ask. Does anyone else want to come?"

<Nicolae> "Hmmm... you know, he's a powerful mage, it seems a little odd that he didn't realize that Time could bring his wall carvings back. And he can't handle this Fate stuff, either, it seems. He might be a jack-of-all-trades, Enoch, but I think he's a lot less of a jack for those Arcana."

<Nicolae> Matryoshka nods, if for no other reason than to ask about the shower and meal situation.

<NOTPAUL> "I'll come, I guess. If he has one of his tantrums we should all be ready to run away, after all."

<Ferrinus> Enoch doesn't seem to be in the little receiving room you spoke with him in before, but there's at least two other hallways leading off from the central junction besides the one you entered through. Left or right?

<Nicolae> "If we leave you here he'll be less likely to have one."
<NOTPAUL> Always Left.

<Ferrinus> The left-handed path..

<Ill_Repute> gently caress you, right.
<Nicolae> "While we're here, I kind of want to ask him about that steel door back at his Sanctum."

<NOTPAUL> "With the monster behind it?"
<NOTPAUL> "Yes, me too."

<Ferrinus> Matryoshka casts the deciding vote.

<Nicolae> "I'm a man of insatiable curiosity."

<Nicolae> Matryoshka nods to the left.

<Ill_Repute> "I'm not sure he heard us when we mentioned the Tulpa's apology, either. "

<Ill_Repute> "Or maybe he just didn't want to acknowledge it."

<Nicolae> "I could at least ask how he managed to get the Mindpower for that. I'd really be interested in knowing that."

<Ferrinus> The hallway winds a bit as you turn left, and ends up in an unusual room. In fact, from given description, it isn't that dissimilar from whatever chamber was discovered but not explored back in Enoch's New York sanctum.

<Ferrinus> There's no level floor past the ending of the pathway, but instead the room opens up into a huge oval that's studded with blueish-purple crystals; it's like being inside a huge geode. And there's...a presence.

<Nicolae> Matryoshka notices. "This looks like the room I scried between the steel door. At least he's consistent with his style."

<Ferrinus> You can't see or hear anything, but it feels like the air is filled with twanging, elastic power.

<Ferrinus> It's easy to miss at first, but there is a circle scored into the room. It's not flat on the ground, though - rather, it's a circumference running across the ceiling, down the sides, and then across the floor, describing a vertically-oriented circle facing the party.

<NOTPAUL> "Wonder what he's planning to put here."

<Ferrinus> No, there is a presence here. Something's hanging in the air, you can feel it from the way everything feels tightly wound, vibrating with tension.

<NOTPAUL> Solomon takes a few steps forward, taking note of any increase in "pressure", as it were.

<Ill_Repute> "Hold on a second."

<Ferrinus> Nothing stops him from going forward, except of course that the level floor will disappear mere inches ahead of him. He'll have to clamber carefully down a slope of irregularly-jutting crystals if he wants to enter the room at large.

<Ill_Repute> "Enoch mentioned that his sanctum in New York was designed to do something really bad to anyone who tried to enter it. He might've put something similar in effect here."

<Nicolae> "It definitely feels like there's a lot of energy here... maybe it's some sort of storage?"

<Nicolae> "Wish our Obrimos weren't sacked out back there on a rock."

<Nicolae> "It doesn't look like Enoch's here, though."

<Ferrinus> If he is he's much stranger than you thought.

<NOTPAUL> "Down the other way, then?"

<Nicolae> "Lead the way, Hellboy."

<NOTPAUL> Solomon elects not to step any further into the circle, since he lacks so many of the necessary tools. He and Phlegethon exit the room and head to the right.

<Nicolae> Matryoshka follows.

<Ill_Repute> "I'm not wholly comfortable poking through Enoch's things."

<Nicolae> "We're not poking, we're looking for Enoch. If our eyeballs happen to fall on anything interesting in the process, well, that happens sometimes."

<Ferrinus> This hallway's at least twice as long and winding and the last, and by the end it starts to lose its machine-carved look, until at the very end you're clambering over what seems to be unworked cave wall. You come out in a huge cavern, complete with underground lake.

<NOTPAUL> What lights our path at this point?

<Ferrinus> There aren't any of Encoh's glowing tass crystals here, and the floor's totally unworked, the ceiling covered with long stalactites - this must be a natural place the wizard found. Indeed, the only reason you can see anything at all is because of the lingering blue glow of Enoch's paradox, outlining his shape ahead of you.

<Ferrinus> It's the way the light reflects so flatly (combined with the gentle lapping noise) that suggests the presence of water, the faint blue-lit triangles above that might be the outlines of stalactites. Enoch himself stands far ahead, presumably on some sort of long peninsula into the lake, staring outwards and not moving.

<Nicolae> Matryoshka pauses a moment, not sure how or whether to get the mage's attention. He clears his throat quietly, wincing as the echo is louder than he expected.

<Ill_Repute> "He carved into a natural cavern. Fascinating. Reminds me of Peacock Springs." Tombheart has since drawn his lantern, eager to explore further.

<Ferrinus> Enoch isn't, like, across a room. It's more like he's across a small parking lot. Nevertheless, the distant figure turns - not all the way, but it twists to look at you over its shoulder.

<NOTPAUL> Solomon gives a small wave.

<Nicolae> "I've never been." Matryoshka gives a little head nod as he notices the mage turning around. "Excuse me, we don't mean to interrupt... is this a bad time?" he calls out.

<Ferrinus> "It doesn't matter." Enoch's voice carries very well across the water. "Come on over, if you like." The mage turns back to survey the water.

<Ill_Repute> Tombheart half walks, half slides down the mudstone embankment towards the large central reservoir. He aims his light into the water, curious of what Enoch might be looking at.

<Nicolae> Matryoshka follows, slipping a little as his aged knees complain about yet another uneven surface to walk on. "Just collecting your thoughts?"

<NOTPAUL> Solomon was going to ask if he was fishing, of course, and silently curses the mastigos for asking a valid question.

<Ferrinus> "Yes," Enoch says. The paradox effect is interesting, now that you're close - he doesn't so much radiate light, it's more like he's lit from behind no matter what angle you watch him from. And a faint, sparkling dust falls from him to the ground, illuminated by the same blueish glow - which make sense, since it was a Matter spell he used.

<Ferrinus> Tombheart's flashlight slips smoothly across the inky surface of the cave water until it hits a distant wall. Then it continues upwards, and stops on a rune carved into the stone, at least the height of a man.

<Ferrinus> It's clearly a High Speech character, but one that neither of the magi recognize. Solomon, of course, gets an eyeache just looking at it, and can't make out a distinct shape through the jittering haze.

<Ill_Repute> "Sorry to bother you. A few of our companions were injured while we hiked our way here, and we were wondering if you had any spare medical supplies."

<Ill_Repute> Though he's addressing Enoch, he keeps his eyes on the strange rune.

<Nicolae> Matryoshka looks at Tombheart to see if he recognizes it, but notes the lack of understanding on the other Mage's face. He decides to join in the current topic for now. "Or if you had any experience with the arcana of Life."

<Ferrinus> So does Enoch. His eyes are backlit thanks to the paradox, and it's amazing how such a small thing as lacking discernible pupils or irises can leach the apparent humanity right out of an otherwise normal figure. "No supplies, no. ...you can't tell me, surely, that you don't have a healer with you? Wake up the other Arrow."

<Nicolae> "We have a healer, but some of the wounds are beyond his powers."

<Ill_Repute> "He's done the best he can, but like the rest of us, his knowledge is limited."

<Ferrinus> "Not an Adept, then? ...Are any of you?"

<Nicolae> "I don't know for sure, we didn't trade stats, but I don't think anyone in our group is more than a Disciple. In any Arcanum."

<Ferrinus> "Hah! Weren't very sure about me, were they, them that rule New York? Wanted to be very careful, eh, not to threaten me? ...not to send off anyone not expendable, just in case?"

<Nicolae> "Prettttty much."

<NOTPAUL> "Exactly that, yes."

<Ill_Repute> "One of the main reasons they didn't just teleport us in was the fear that you'd barbecue us."

<Nicolae> "At least you're well-respected, eh?"

<Ferrinus> The old man chuckles to himself. It makes him look more sympathetic, despite the glowing eyes and falling dust. "Yes, yes, I do have that. Well, they were right, up to a point. You don't watch the grid like a hawk, people pull nasty surprises on you, mm, very nasty."

<Ferrinus> "...but then it's hard to watch the roads at the same time." The man sighs.

<Ferrinus> Then he turns to face the four of you. "So which of you need repair, then?"

<NOTPAUL> "There's the mage you roasted, and him." Solomon gestures down to the still-altered form of his hound.

<Ill_Repute> "Well, Solomon's dog, Phlegathon, is badly hurt."

<NOTPAUL> The wounds look much smaller now, of course. You have to struggle to see them--they're still dire cuts, hunks of flesh revealing bone, but when his size changed the wounds stayed the same. If you saw him from the wrong angle, you wouldn't even know the beast was injured.

<Ferrinus> "Ahh..!" It's not a scream, it's that noise of dismissive contempt that's often accompanied with a waving of the arm. "He should've been more careful! You don't just let any spirit tie itself to your body! That can lead to some very unfortunate results."

<Ferrinus> "And how'd that happen to the dog, hmm?"

<NOTPAUL> "Werewolves, mostly."

<Nicolae> "You might remember them. You immolated their leader when we arrived."

<Ill_Repute> "Those werewolves you saved us from. That was their second assault."

<Nicolae> "They ganged up on him first. I guess they saw him as the biggest threat."

<Ferrinus> "Never send your pet out to fight a werewolf, boy, that's basic sense."

<NOTPAUL> "He is not a 'pet', he's a powerful demon more powerful than myself at the moment. He was just taken by surprise."

<Ferrinus> "Mmm, no doubt," says Enoch. "But tell you what, I'm feeling grateful. You did manage to lure them close enough to give me a shot, after all - they've been thorns in my side for a while. Heh heh, that one in the lead never saw it coming."

<Ill_Repute> "That brings up the second question I was hoping to ask. Why are werewolves aiding the seers? And further, why are the seers attacking you?" He takes a moment to clarify. 1"What I mean to say is, are they motivated just by revenge, or do they have deeper goals?"

<Nicolae> "That was pretty impressive. After my heart got back to its normal rhythm, granted."

<Ferrinus> Enoch doesn't answer right away - he's spellcasting. He takes a step back, and then levels his staff at the hellhound, holding the end merely inches from the demon's nose. Then he speaks several words of High Speech - very curtly, to those who can understand the language - and wham.

<Ferrinus> A wave of white light rolls over the body of the hellhound, and its injuries are wiped away completely. It's got a strange aftereffect, though - the dog leaves four bloody footprints as it moves from its spot, and red seeps from the staff.

<Ill_Repute> "That's... an interesting brand you've got."

<Ferrinus> The staff's still wreathed in an angelic white corona, too. Enoch shrugs impassively before turning to Tombheart. "Now what was that you were saying? Asking about the wolves, yes?"

<Ferrinus> "The werewolves couldn't tell the difference between a mystagogue and a stage conjuror, where I'm concerned. It's not that they care about the Seer agenda. They care about killing me. You lot know anything about werewolves?"

<Ill_Repute> "Harmed by silver, can change form at will. That's about the end of practical knowledge of the creatures."

<Ferrinus> "Both true. But what motivates them? What do they do?"

<Nicolae> "And it's very satisfying to shoot them." Matryoshka grins.

<NOTPAUL> "They're the shepherds of Shadow."

<Ill_Repute> "I'm more concerned about the practical nature of werewolves. Less 'why do they do what they do' and more 'how do I keep this fucker from biting my hands off'."

<Ferrinus> "Really? I found it frustrating, back in the day. You'd burn the buggers and then a couple hours later they're back at full strength."

<Ferrinus> Enoch blinks and turns to glance at Solomon. "Ah, you've done your reading. Yes, that's very well said. The werewolves tie themselves to the Shadow."

<Ferrinus> "Some seem to protect it, some seem to protect us from it, some revere it - " the wizard waves his hand vaguely. You're learning to ignore the dripping blood. "It varies. These seemed to live here before I showed up and apparently thought of themselves as somehow important in the local spirit world."

<Ferrinus> Enoch snickers slightly then. "Of course, those pretensions didn't last long."

<NOTPAUL> "And your reputation on that side of the fence is less than stellar."

<Ill_Repute> "I see."

<NOTPAUL> "And what about Adrian?"

<Ferrinus> "At any rate, they haven't been able to do much besides help the Seers free or destroy the servants I've had around here since the attacks began. I can't tell you how satisfying cutting their numbers by a fourth felt."

<Ferrinus> "Ah, yes, you told me you'd met him. He's been here for a while - longer than the wolves, I think. Interesting man, very interesting, knows quite a few things his kind usually don't."

<Nicolae> "He knew about ley lines."

<Ferrinus> "Right, he's pretty interested in the crossings, especially major ones. They seem to help him in some pursuit or other, but I'm not sure what."

<Ill_Repute> "Do you think we could convince him to help us? He seemed like the perfect saboteur."

<Nicolae> "He wasn't very forthcoming with us, either."

<Ferrinus> "Plays his cards close to his chest, Adrian does. Like all his kind do, I suppose." Enoch takes a long breath, looks out across the water again. "Like all of us do, really."

<Ill_Repute> Tombheart glances at the rune again, wondering.

<Ill_Repute> "The seers, though. I'm curious if they're here for any reason other than revenge."

<Ferrinus> What the hell is it? It's got to mean something, right?

<Nicolae> Matryoshka nods. "What cards've you got in your hand, Enoch?" Metaphorical hand, that is.

<NOTPAUL> Solomon's in no position to ask, so it'd have to be one of the mages.

<NOTPAUL> "Did you really just ask that?"

<Ferrinus> "Revenge is part of it, certainly." Enoch, yes, strokes his beard. "Part of it. But...it's a strategic move, too."

<NOTPAUL> "Yes, Enoch, I second the motion--could you list your secrets in alphabetical order?"

<Ferrinus> Enoch straight-up cackles, even doubling over a little.

<Nicolae> "Yes, thank you for ruining a perfectly serviceable metaphor. I'm going to leave you in the woods one of these days, Solomon."

<Ferrinus> "Hah! Yes, very good. At least service to the Order hasn't stripped you of your sense of humor, young man."

<NOTPAUL> "It's genetic."

<Ferrinus> "Mmm, one wonders whether it'd be better if it was or wasn't all a big joke."

<Ill_Repute> "Strategic aims? Such as what?" Tombheart ignores the lighthearted joking.

<Ferrinus> Enoch glances to the necromancer, then takes a long breath. "I have...I've been at this very long, see. Yes, very long. I was good when I started, I got better quick, and now, now - well, you saw how warm my welcome was not a few hours ago."

<Ferrinus> "I think...I think the Seers would prefer I got no farther along. Just sense, see?" Enoch's voice is a bit more distant here - this sounds like something he's hesitant to discuss in depth.

<Ill_Repute> "They're afraid of your knowledge."

<NOTPAUL> Solomon suddenly remembers something, and gestures to the dog. Slowly the creature stops smouldering, and a dying flame passes over his body from head to toe, revealing his normal form beneath slow-clearing ash. Like a statue hidden inside a cigar.

<Ferrinus> "Aren't you?"

<Ferrinus> Enoch turns to regard Tombheart directly as he says this, and Tombheart's acutely aware that the man's eyes still aren't normal and his right hand is still smeared with blood.

<Nicolae> "Let's just say I'm glad we're on your good side."

<Ill_Repute> "There are some things I'd rather not know, yes." Tombheart avoids enoch's gaze.

<NOTPAUL> Solomon shrugs. "You're loving up the weather, mostly. What other repercussions can 'knowing things' have, in your case?"

<Ill_Repute> "But that's our curse, right? As mages? To know things that nobody has any real business knowing?"

<Ferrinus> Enoch turns to regard the rune again, and speaks to answer the Arrow. "Hah. Well, they're not, and it may be that that's all the motivation they need. Revenge might just be a bonus."

<Nicolae> Matryoshka follows the mage's gaze, and finally asks the question that's been on his mind. "Speaking of knowledge... what's the significance of that Rune, if you don't mind my asking? I don't recognize it."

<Ferrinus> "Neither do I."

<Nicolae> Not the answer he was hoping for... "I take it was here when you got here, then."

<NOTPAUL> "Well *that's* interesting. Makes me wish I could make a note of it."

<Ferrinus> "Yes. Isn't it curious? I've made quite a study of High Speech, and the Atlantean language that was designed around it, but that...?"

<Ferrinus> "Did some ancient mage carve it here? Did the Realms manifest directly, marking the stone? Is it an Abyssal trap? I couldn't tell you."

<Ferrinus> "Wonderfully concentrates the mind to contemplate, though."

<NOTPAUL> "Have you tried removing it?"

<NOTPAUL> Solomon is gesturing at it with his hand, inaccurately, since his eyes are thoroughly averted.

<Ferrinus> "Removing it? No, the odds of it being irreplaceable are too great."

<Ill_Repute> "Was there any way into this cave beforehand? Or was it simply a gigantic, sealed chamber with a rune carved inside?"

<Ill_Repute> Tombheart takes a moment to look at the lake.

<NOTPAUL> "I meant as an attempt to affect it, to see what sort of strength it has behind it."

<NOTPAUL> "Was it put there by someone greater than you? One way to find out."

<Ferrinus> "Oh, there must have been underground rivers once, maybe even navigable tunnels. All collapsed and fused now, though, it's like a bubble inside the mountain."

<Ferrinus> "Precious knowledge is often much less durable than it is valuable, boy. The mightiest of archmagi might have carved that there, and time and chance and abyssal erosion might have reduced it to a soap bubble's survivability now."
<Nicolae> "If it signifies something of importance, the Seers might know what it is. If it's something they want besides you, their assault could be killing two birds with one stone. As it were."

<Ferrinus> "If they knew it was here, which frankly is highly unlikely. I didn't expect it at all, I was just looking for an out of the way place with usefully-arranged dragon lines."

<NOTPAUL> "While I've got you here, I might as well ask: what have you learned about the infernal while studying the loftier stuff?"

<Ferrinus> Enoch fixes Solomon with his gaze. "You know the code, young man. Gnosis given freely is Gnosis cheapened. Tell me something I don't know, and I'll tell you something you don't know."

<Nicolae> Matryoshka runs his hand over his face, feeling a few day's worth of stubble, as he stares up at the rune, locking its design in his photographic memory. He might want to ask the Consilium about it later. Then he shakes his head, having to content himself with not knowing.

<NOTPAUL> Solomon smiles. "Have you ever wanted to ask the devil a question?"

<Nicolae> "You don't. Trust me on this one."

<NOTPAUL> "No, Nicolae, I doubt summons would with in the sanctum. I'm offering my dreams."

<Ferrinus> A grey eyebrow's quirked. "And receive an honest answer?"

<NOTPAUL> "Very possibly. What he told me about you was accurate, for example."

<Ferrinus> "And what did Old Scratch have to say about little old me, hmm?"

<NOTPAUL> "I was told you crouched atop a web not of your own design, and that you were in conflict with a great sage--to me, a man the same as you."

<NOTPAUL> "It's hardly an exact science, but I doubt you'll get this chance again."

<Ferrinus> "...huh. And you can ask him these things...whenever?"

<NOTPAUL> Solomon laughs and shakes his head. "I'm always amazed when you people take this at face value--but then, you made your house out of a cave using a magic wand."

<NOTPAUL> "Yes, any time I sleep I can send my soul downward."

<Ferrinus> "Interesting. I've met others of your kind, you know. One of them told me that once, when they were seeking information, they found themselves standing before Satan himself, in all his glory, and he spat and tore them to shreds."

<Ferrinus> "...because it's not what they were expecting, see. Mostly they just had nightmares or prophetic visions. Not audiences. Not every time."

<NOTPAUL> "Very likely they did not, it's absurd."

<NOTPAUL> "I don't believe I've ever spoken to satan, or that I'm likely descended from him, but the power functions as well as I'd like it to."

<NOTPAUL> "I can get information I have no logical reason to know, and that's good enough."

<Nicolae> Matryoshka hides his face in his hand. Ah, Jesus, Solomon's waxing demological again.

<Ferrinus> "Hmm. Well, I'll take you up on your offer, I think." Enoch strokes his beard again, looks out at the rune. "I tire. The pack of you, go off and get some sleep, you've a big day ahead of you. And I- I'll ponder my question."

<Nicolae> Matryoshka pauses before turning to walk out of the room. He leans in closer and his voice drops to a low whisper. "Hey... just out of curiosity? Do you have a shower around here?"

<Ferrinus> "What? Oh, didn't I tell you? The far right corner of your room, press the wall."

<Nicolae> Matryoshka's eyebrow raises. "Hunh. Thanks... See you tomorrow, then." He gives a quick nod and joins the rest of the party. He has so many other questions to ask, but he's not going to press them now. No, the only thing he's pressing is the corner of that wall.

<Ferrinus> Enoch remains where the party left him - looking far off, faintly outlined in blue against the darkness.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Hi, folks! I wanna run tonight, December 3rd. Let's start gathering in IRC around eightish...? I dunno post at me to say if/when's good for you.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Instill Emotion (Mind ***)
A more potent variant of Emotional Urging, this spell causes intense passions or inhibitions to bloom within the subject's mind. The feelings are powerful to the point of distraction, bedeviling those who try to ignore them and enlivening those who give in.
Action: Instant, target may resist reflexively with Composure + Gnosis
Aspect: Covert
Rote Skill: Empathy or Intimidation(special)
If this spell defeats its target's resistance roll, it plants a powerful emotion chosen by the caster into the target's mind. For the spell's duration, the target suffers a dice penalty equal to the caster's Mind dots when not acting in accordance with the emotion. This penalty affects all actions consciously initiated by the target as well as reflexive rolls to perceive or realize things but not rolls for entirely involuntary actions such as resisting further supernatural powers or staying conscious despite bashing damage. Targets always know, if only subconsciously, what kind of actions they can must take in order to escape this penalty. Also, once per scene, the target of the spell may enjoy a bonus to a mundane dice pool or static value as though he had spent a willpower point - someone filled with fear could grant themself +2 to their Defense against an attack, while someone filled with killing rage could enjoy +3 to an attack roll. If the target of the spell somehow fulfills or satisfies the created emotion (sleeping with the object of lust, escaping a monster) they can apply the bonus to any mundane roll they want within the scene.

By default, this spell creates general, undirected emotions: a target filled with fear will react more strongly to things that might have already scared them, but generally behave normally. The caster can attempt to amplify and focus the emotion created by accepting a penalty to his dicepool. With a -1 penalty the caster can designate classes of objects or entities (cause a fear of spiders), with a -3 penalty he can specify specific objects for emotions (cause the target to fall in love with the caster) and with a -5 penalty the caster can be arbitrarily specific and write out effective scripts of actions for the subject to perform (cause a target to want an expensive object desperately, so they steal a firearm and then use it to rob the store in broad daylight, before then using that object to...).

Targets of this spell can reflexively spend willpower points to try to quash the sudden urges they feel. Each point allows them to reroll their Composure + Gnosis resistance roll, accumulating successes above their initial total with each attempt until they match the spell's Potency and escape it. This does not dispel the spell, but does reduce its effect to that of Emotional Urging - the target still feels the emotion created, but not to such a powerful degree that he cannot recognize it as inappropriate or false and simply ignore it.

Empathy may be used in rote castings of this spell to create any emotion, but Intimidation can only create fear or hate. A mage who knows this rote may also use it to cast Emotional Urging, and if he already knows the Emotional Urging rote when buying this spell as a rote he can pay the difference in costs to upgrade to Instill Emotion instead of buying the spell from scratch.

Overpowering Urge (Mind ****)
This spell creates so powerful an emotion in the target's mind that the target cannot help but obey it.
Action: Instant, target may resist reflexively with Composure + Gnosis
Aspect: Covert
Cost: 1 Mana
Rote Skill: Empathy or Intimidation(special)
This spell functions as Instill Emotion, except that targets have no choice but to obey their passion. A fearful target must run or surrender when confronted with danger, an enraged target must attack the object of his wrath, etcetera. As with Instill Emotion, targets enjoy a bonus to a nonmagical dicepool or resistance trait equal to that of a willpower point up to once per scene, except that if the spell's caster is present he may decide when the subject uses this bonus if it's still available.

Victims of this spell can resist it by reflexively spending willpower just as with Instill Emotion, except that successful resistance does not fully dispel the spell - instead, it is downgraded to an effect identical to that of Instill Emotion, which must be fought off anew.

Empathy may be used in rote castings of this spell to create any emotion, but Intimidation can only create fear or hate. A mage who knows this rote may also use it to cast Emotional Urging or Instill Emotion, and if he already knows either of those rotes he can upgrade them to Overpowering Urge by paying the difference in rote costs rather than buying the spell anew.

Ferrinus fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 19, 2009

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

We paused mid-session! But take 2 XP anyway, bringing you to 55 XP.

Also, +1 Arcane XP for seeing a one-way sympathetic connection, 34 AXP.

The initiative order was:

Medved(grappling lego), Bad guys, solomon(possessed), socharis, adramel, lego(grappling medved), tombheart(possessed, grappling matryoshka), matryoshka(grappling tombheart), arrian

some of your enemies are invisible, prepare for this!!

Ferrinus fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 4, 2008

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Danhenge posted:

lol good thing the other spirit command dude isn't around

FERRINUS, AT BEGINNING OF TRIP: "So do any of you have any extraordinary senses active beyond mage sight?"

MASTERS OF SECRET KNOWLEDGE: "nope :downs:"

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Gonna run tonight!!! Same deal, start showing up at like 8 or 9ish.

yeah this was posted a 4:20 pm :smug:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

i probably won't be around till 9:15ish :(

That's okay! (you're unimportant)

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Since you guys are approaching level 4 Arcana I should write this up.

MAGICAL MIND CONTROL
Intimidation or Persuasion can be used to power the following spells. Each represents a single upgradeable rote within the same Arcanum, so if you know Greater Beast Control you can upgrade it to Telepathic Control for 2xp and use the same dicepool to cast either spell, at your leisure.

Death 3, Control Ghost
* Covert
* No Cost
* Prolonged
* Target contests with Resistance reflexively

Spirit 4, Dominate Ghost (new spell)
* Vulgar
* No Cost
* Prolonged
* Target contests with Resistance + Rank reflexively

Spirit 3, Control Spirit
* Covert
* 1 Mana
* Prolonged

Spirit 4, Dominate Spirit (new spell)
* Vulgar
* 1 Mana
* Prolonged

Mind 2, Beast Control
* Covert
* No Cost
* Prolonged
* Target contests with Resolve

Mind 3, Greater Beast Control
* Covert
* No Cost
* Prolonged
* Target contests with Resolve

Mind 4, Telepathic Control
* Covert
* 1 Mana
* Prolonged, Transitory vs. Supernaturals (Prolonged vs. Supernaturals at Mind 5)
* Target contests with Resolve + Gnosis reflexively

Mind 5, Psychic Domination
* Vulgar
* 1 Mana
* Prolonged, Transitory vs. Supernaturals
* Target contests with Resolve + Gnosis reflexively

By default, succeeding on this spell allows the mage to assign the target a single, immediately-completed action. A target could give up an item, unlock a container, issue a single attack against an enemy, walk through a door. Targets intensely opposed to the caster or under stress are only affected for a single round, but calm or unsuspecting targets can be given orders that take more than one round of combat time to complete so long as those orders don't take significant amounts of time - an unwilling librarian might find a book for the dominator but won't spend an afternoon compiling a stockpile of sources. The target does not need to be able to understand the mage for this spell to take effect, although it must be capable of understanding the command in principle. The precise wording of the command does not matter, as the magic transmits the caster's intentions directly.

A mind controlled subject remains itself, but acting on a decision it refuses to reconsider. They will approach their orders as intelligently as usual, so someone ordered to kill a dangerous enemy won't try to do so unarmed unless that's how they normally operate. Subjects are incapable of acting to sabotage their own orders, though, so even a subject that knows they're under control won't (for example) loudly warn everyone they meet that they are not in control of themselves. Targets controlled by Mind spells are generally not aware of it unless they have some way of deducing or detecting the magic's operation; targets controlled by Death or Spirit spells are always aware. Spirits cannot be forced to violate their bans by any means (it's not a matter of will; they are literally incapable of taking certain actions) and Domination spells must be used to cause spirit beings to violate "bans" that merely penalize them rather than outright forbidding courses of action.

This spell cannot force subjects to spend willpower points on increasing dicepools or static defenses (though they may end up spending willpower anyway to pay the cost of using certain powers). A controlled subject can struggle internally to sabotage an action it is forced to take by spending a willpower, either removing 3 dice from a single rolled action or reducing a static resistance trait by 2 for one attack.

The caster can take penalties on the casting roll to create greater effects:

-4: The target will obey a single command for the spell's duration. A target told to flee escapes the caster's sight and does not return until the spell ends or is dispelled, for instance. A target told to protect the mage will indeed follow them and guard them from attackers, but will probably refuse to render any other aid and possibly even interfere with the mage's other actions.

-6: The spell no longer consists of a specific order. Instead, the mage imposes unnatural servitude on the target; for the spell's duration, they faithfully obey any orders given to them that they can understand. Even a target that cannot communicate with the mage attempts to aid or protect them insofar as it realizes it needs to.

The caster may reduce the penalty for complex commands by 2 if he allows the specific wording of commands to manner. In this case commands must be transmitted to the target in a language it understands, and it must abide only by their wording, not their spirit.

Unacceptable Orders
Mind control spells cannot cause targets to take obviously self-destructive actions. This encompasses actions that are both directly suicidal (jumping off a cliff, shooting one's self in the head) and those that are tantamount to suicide (standing still and not fighting back against attackers, dispelling protective enchantments or throwing away weapons in the middle of a fight, attacking packs of werewolves alone and barehanded) but can cause targets to take risky or consequence-laden actions (trying to kill a foe that isn't judged to be insurmountable, stealing something in broad daylight, destroying one's career or reputation). Causing a ghost to abandon or harm an anchor or causing a spirit to abandon or harm a fetter is considered assigning a self-destructive order (but a spirit or ghost that is anchored to or possessing something inconvenient can, in the short term, be ordered to recede and allow the subject to control itself).

In the latter case, the subject can spend a willpower point reflexively to grant themselves a second resistance roll against the spell in addition to lowering an action's dicepool, adding onto those garnered in their initial attempt to resist at the time of casting. If the combined successes match or beat the spell's Potency they can ignore the command or any repetitions of it within the same day, but are not necessarily free of the spell. A subject can only attempt to outright deny the consequences of a specific order once per scene (even though continuing a fight presents constant danger, the subject only gets one roll unless the fight continues through multiple scenes) but may resist multiple orders individually (a subject is forced to start a dangerous fight, and is later forced to wreck their reputation).

The vulgar "Domination" spells break this rule - subjects have no ability to resist dangerous or ruinous commands, and can only spend willpower points to attempt to resist commands which are blatantly suicidal.

Subjects of mind control forced to violate their own Conscience (or Wisdom or similar traits) may treat such violations as risky actions for the purposes of resistance. At the storyteller's discretion, a subject forced by magic to grossly violate or destroy the principles or people they most hold dear (a mother ordered to kill her child, for instance) may add their Conscience rating to the second resistance roll.

Ferrinus fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 4, 2011

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

If you guys are wondering about spirit possession, by the way:

Spirit possession (and fettering, if the spirit chooses to place itself within the physical structure of whatever it's fettered to) is a means for spirits to hide from detection. The Spirit 1 spell "Spirit Tongue" spell will only perceive a spirit possessor if its Potency beats the successes the spirit got on its Fetter/Living Fetter/Possession roll. Otherwise, the spirit is undetectable to him and considered to be outside of Sensory range.

The Exorcist's Eye spell will immediately detect the presence of a possessor and is not resisted except by rare, theoretical powers which specifically make a possessing spirit extra-hidey, but all it tells you is whether or not something's in there.

The Exorcism spell requires an extended ritual and successes equal to the Willpower of the possessor (which the caster does not necessarily know), but fortunately does not actually need to target the spirit - you cast it on a person or object, and if you're lucky the spirit is cast out. A spirit ripped from an anchor with an Exorcism ritual can't use its Possession numen again until at least a scene has passed, more if the mage includes extra duration factors (as though the spell had a base duration of Prolonged)

Within the first hour of a possession, a mage can cast Exorcism on a target as an instant action, rolling against the possessor's Resistance + Rank and immediately expelling it on a success. Past that hour, though, the spirit's grip is too strong to break without ritual magic.

This pertains to you: Possessions enabled through Supernal magic may be dispelled as Supernal magic as well as through normal channels.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

The Body of Gabriel Norsworth Part 1 completed!

+3 XP for saving a cute lil kid :3: 58 XP total.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

I foresee myself being pretty busy until Friday or so!!

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

to be honest as the only character without nightsight i wasn't really paying much attention during this section

you guys really need to wrap your head around the fact that almost every magical buff can be targeted at other people, and also cast at a penalty to hit multiple targets

as an example, there's no reason solomon and lego should go around without mage armor on

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Yeah, but casting Mage Sight and Mage Armor on other people requires more Arcana dots, doesn't it? Third Eye is Mind 1 but Opening the Lidless Eye is Mind 2, and I don't see any spell letting me cast Misperception on someone else, at least not within the first three dots of Mind.

all personal mage armors are 2, and mage armor can be cast on other targets at 3

there's definitely a level 3, targeted Misperception, you just missed it

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

If there is one it is invisible in my copy. There's one to cast Mental Shield on other people, Mental Wall, but nothing for Misperception.

huh, that's strange. well i'd definitely let you do it

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Dammit Who? posted:

No Mana For Mudbloods :colbert:

true

incidentally, i'd like to play saturday night or on the weeknights of next week, because i'll not be really busy then. don't hold me to this though because i may be absent for other reasons

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Dammit Who? posted:

SIDESTORY REPORT: Arrian reads a book about manticores, finishes paperwork for local archivist daduchoi, wonders what girls are like

:smith:

This Is Living

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

All right, fags, I'm done hiatusing. Whoever wants to play today (Jan 4 09) should start collecting in IRC.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

The Curious Case of the Duchess Part 1 completed!

+3 XP for some exploration followed by an awesome vampire standoff. Big ups to Medved for upholding Mage Pryde. 61 XP total.

+1 AXP for getting the inkling that vampires enslave humans. Learn more! 35 AXP total.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Branigan posted:

ferrinus can we roleplay getting debriefed by our superiors about the "haunted house" sometime it seems like it would be fun :3

all yelling at each other and stuff

Probably, yes! Most likely not tonight however.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Actually if some people wanna play tonight we could do something probably

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Dammit Who? posted:

drat, i was hoping for a guardian or a hierarch

not that your guy isn't cool though!

i believe you mean a thearch.

also we're about 2 play!!! get over here!

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

why not undermine reality by casting vulgar spells!!!

The Curious Case of the Duchess Part 2 completed!

+2 XP. 63 XP total.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

here are a few rough sketches of Case imm (in my mind)

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Branigan posted:

i hate this dude

also ferrinus if i wanted to buy some ranks in the time arcanum would i have to wait until after we finish the current thing with enoch? i have both ic and ooc reasons for wanting to do so

you can probably learn the first rank in a couple days if you worked at it

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

attention mages: i could run mage today. who wants 2 mage

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Dammit Who? posted:

The aging house shuddered violently, clouds of dust drifting down from the rafters. Medved knelt, gazing at the badly damaged wooden floors beneath him. It was so close, he could feel it! It was only a matter of finding the key... The house shook again, and Medved heard an inhuman roar echo down from the roof. Socharis? He hoped so. Tombheart's necrotic stalkers should keep the Seers' blessed assassins at bay as long as Arrian's warding kept them from teleporting, but the werewolves knew these cursed woods better than anyone. No matter. A few seconds more, and... aha! Drawing his hand in a mystic pattern along some seemingly-innocuous scratch marks in the floorboards, Medved almost shouted in triumph as a part of the floor lifted up and away, revealing the very tome he'd gone through fire and death to retrieve. Reverently, he brushed the dust from its cover and opened it...

THEE MYSTERIE OF TYME

by

HERR PROFESSOR DOKTOR BARON VON ZYBOURNE

Imagyne ae balle on thee edge of a clyfe...

+1 AXP, 36 AXP Total

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

bran-i-gan

damm-it-who

should i be ex-pec-ting you

Ferrinus fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 11, 2009

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Enoch Part something completed!

+2 XP. 65 XP total.
+1 AXP for entering the Shadow for the first time. 37 AXP total.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

I was thinking. We really have a conundrum to deal with, regarding the two Seers we captured.
We can't kill them, since it'd be immoral. It'd be inefficient and wasteful to schlep them all the way back to Enoch, and since he'd probably kill them it wouldn't be a really moral choice anyway. We can't let them go, since they'll meet up with their Seer friends and want revenge. Would it be feasible, both in terms of the magic we currently have and the behavior of the Seers, to find some spell to keep them unconscious in the woods for a week or so? Find (or make) them a nice secure spot where they won't get eaten by wolves and put them in hibernation. I have Time 2, so I can do time-delay stuff, right? I can work with one of the Life guys to arrange their comas to last exactly a week and hopefully by then Enoch will be freed and they won't want to come give us poo poo.

I'd say an extended Mind 3 spell can keep them asleep or comatose for whatever duration you buy up, while an extended Life 3 spell (and abundant foliage/soil/whatever) can keep their bodies satiated and otherwise in biological stasis.

This would be a disadvantageous course of action for you because the Life spell would certainly be Vulgar, it would take hours of casting (seriously, three hours per roll), and for as long as the spell holds it counts as one of those that your Gnosis maintains. You can only maintain Gnosis + 3 spells at a time. Plus, you miss out on an interrogation, or at least an Enoch-enhanced one.

It's an advantageous course of action because it would almost certainly fire off most or all of your Virtues and you also avoid acting like despicable human monsters.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Branigan posted:

maybe enoch will decide to be nice

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

join the seers

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Dammit Who? posted:

i have an elegant solution to the seer problem which will take me a mere three weeks to research in a well-stocked mystic library

join the seers

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

do there exist campaigns where you play as a banisher or seer, and the banishers and seers are depicted as the good guys

yes

this one

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

just wondering if
overall, today would
in fact be a
nice

time for
having some
exciting

storytelling and
exemplary roleplaying from
everyone as we
roll forward with our Mage game.
so does anyone want to play today?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

umm have you been watching the same mage games as i have :smug:

are you kidding, this game has some really well-realized characters. there's aron, enoch, case, ashley, bart,

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

oh ferrinus

hey you haven't met ferrinus yet (he's a mortal who inexplicably has encyclopedic knowledge of every mainstream supernatural in existence)

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

he's also rakishly handsome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

when we meet ferrinus matryoshka is going to put a round behind his ear

i'll take the wisdom hit gladly

and then the universe in its entirely will dissolve immediately