Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.
This thread motivated me to finally bake something! We are having a potluck lunch at work tomorrow so I figured it would be the perfect time to try out some new cupcakes.

White cake with strawberry buttercream. Not exactly the most inventive thing ever, but gotta start somewhere. Used chunks of strawberry to flavor the frosting so there are still little berry bits in it which is something I've never done before and I am stupidly excited about it for no good reason. Also, it tastes like strawberry shortcake, yuuumm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.

PezMaster posted:

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie cake with peanut butter mousse frosting. It was so loving rich - pretty sure we drained the whole litre of milk.

I made this today for a dinner party, haven't had a chance to try a piece yet but from the little bits of crumb I've sneaked I think it's going to be amazing :D Thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful recipes!

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.
Yea, I really can't say I understand this argument. Her cake pops are pretty and a lot of people seem to enjoy seeing them. Nobody here has to eat them so it really doesn't matter what they taste like. A lot of people hate cheesecake, should we ban posts about that as well?

Here is a picture of some pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting I made a while back. Lets get this thread rolling back in the right direction:

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.

This isn't actually a cake, it's brownies! With hot fudge filling, chocolate mint frosting and andes mints on the outside.

Frosting was too soft to pipe correctly so it is super sloppy looking, but it tastes amazing so whatevah :D

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.

Cpt.Wacky posted:

Those are cute. A mix of smile, frowns and Os could work. I think what they're missing is wings. Is there something you could stick in at diagonals for wings? Maybe banana chips? Probably too thick. Big dried coconut flakes? Or just some white frosting teardrops for wings.

I was bored at work, so photoshopped up your ideas to kill some time :P

I also think they are very cute cupcakes, radioaktivitat!

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.

radioaktivitat posted:

Now with wings and added derp:

Teardrop shapes proved a bit tricky to cut out consistently so in the end I used a piping nozzle as a round cutter and then just cut the icing circles in half. The wings are definitely an improvement, I think.

super cute! The wings turned out great :)

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.
Carrot cake seems like it would fit in pretty well with the easter theme and I'm sure there are good vegan carrot cake recipes out there.

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.

I made the Necro-nomnomnom-icon for Halloween this year. First time making a sculptural cake, super excited with how it turned out :D This inside is pumpkin spice and cinnamon cream cheese icing.

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.

NightConqueror posted:

This is incredible. What tools did you use for the detailing?

Thanks! Mostly just mooshing stuff around with my fingers and I had a couple of modeling tools that look a bit like dentist pics to make gouges. All the skin was just fondant rolled really thin then wrinkled up and stuck on top of a base piece of fondant used to make the cover. It was stupid simple, I spent all week freaking over how I was going to make that texture and then it ended up taking like 15 minutes to finish.

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.
Thanks, guys! :D. Teeth and eyes are just white fondant with a little icing color painted on top. The teeth are on toothpicks to keep them from falling off.

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.
Both of those cakes look amazing and delicious! Never seen a crepe cake before, but now I really want to make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.
Just realized I never posted my cake from Halloween. Glad to see this thread coming back to life!

• Locked thread