Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Science
Sep 3, 2007

I rarely venture into this subforum and never post, but I felt the need to pimp this out, mostly because it was delicious too. I made this cake for my best friend's birthday a few weeks ago:

My mom has been an executive pastry chef for the past 20~ years so I've gotten the full benefit of that growing up. It's chocolate cake (with real cocoa, brushed with simple syrup and some liqueur) covered in rolled fondant and brushed with some colors. That's a can of Pepsi too, vanilla cake and covered in fondant, also.

I wish I had pictures of some of the stuff she's made over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Science
Sep 3, 2007

Cake! Such an awesome thing. My mom is an executive pastry chef so growing up in her kitchen I learned how to roll and shape fondant pretty early on. So, when it comes time for friends' birthdays, I try to whip something up. This was for a my best friend's 21st a few years ago. She loves Marlboro Smooths and Diet Pepsi, so hey. Chocolate cake underneath (My mom's recipe, it calls for coffee and a little bit of brandy. Don't have it on hand at the moment but it's amazing.) with rolled fondant on top of buttercream icing to make it stick all nice like. The Pepsi Can was a bit more difficult, I don't quite have the skill level, that ones just vanilla cake. The cigarette is just a bit of fondant with the end dipped in food coloring.

And, just to show the disparity between my Mom's skill and mine, this is the cake she made for my Aunt's 60th Birthday last year. She loves Rod Stewart, so the pictures along the bottom are all Album covers of his.

She just made a wedding cake earlier this month for a family friend, but I wasn't around to get pictures of that. Helped her make around 120 little fondant flowers and snowflakes for it though.

• Locked thread